• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Diet racism is still racism, so:

giphy.gif

But only one has all the sweet ignorance of regular racism without all the guilt or self-awareness

1.jpg

Shy

Cross post from the GITS live action OT.

I came back from seeing it about two hours ago.

It's not good at all. Generic crap.
With a few tweaks they could just given it a different name and released it.
Without giving a spoilery review, i'll use this analogy
The live action ghost in the shell is to the anime version, as Into Darkness is to the Wrath of Khan.

Whenever they reused a scene from the 95 film, where there was quiet and thoughtfulness, their version either loud and bombastic, or lacking any subtly (which is also be phrase to describe the film)
Entirely missing the point.

On the few positives i will say though is.

It looked good for the most part. (I think they went overboard with the holo-billboards)
Kitano was very good. (but not very Aramaki like, i'd say. and dat hair looked awful)
I liked the fellow who played Batou . (out of all the characters, i'd say the came closest with him. And even then, eh)
I also liked a character with a small part called Dr. Dahlin (who is the equivalent to the Coroner Dr. Haraway from Innocence)
And the final thing i can think of the top my head. I liked that they gave Togusa his mullet and a Mateba like revolver. (it might actually be a real Mateba. I couldn't tell because i have very bad eyesight. Sorry)
Honestly.

Might try when the Switch one comes out. But i don't, i think they seem a bit too grindy for my taste.
I never got too far into any, but got hooked when I played persona 3.
Different strokes and all that
True true.
Give Supermassive Games (Until Dawn) the The Thing IP.
I can get behind that.

LionPride

Banned
Hard to find a black owned anything imo.
Still looking hard for just one black shoegaze band.

We have a black restaurant week here, always find good black owned places from that.

This Kombucha place is in corner of the corner of a shopping center though I said god damn

Still waiting on a Nightmare on Elm Street first-person game.

Could be like Alien Isolation crossed with Silent Hill.

This is a project I want to tackle someday if I ever get enough clout.

I know how I would do the game, and I would keep a few rules from the first game in mind:

*A whole new cast
*Freddy is a shapeshifter, but you never know where he is- your only visual clue is striped patterns or red and green
*Subtle striped lighting from fans, or grating, or trees and foliage, or from unknown sources is a subtle indicator of Freddy's presence or influence
*Freddy plays cat and mouse games and doesn't just try to kill people, in fact he waits a long time through the story to kill
*Freddy causes himself self-harm frequently, gouging out his own eyes and running unnaturally after victims on one long leg
*Jarring electronic soundtrack that subtly represents extreme pain
*Posters and pictures of hands, claws, stuffed animals with claws, striped chairs, etc. sit in character's homes and rooms hovering over them like the stuffed birds in Psycho hovering over Marion Crane when she sits with Norman in his office

Just a few ideas I'd put in my adaption.

zeemumu

This is a project I want to tackle someday if I ever get enough clout.

I know how I would do the game, and I would keep a few rules from the first game in mind:

*A whole new cast
*Freddy is a shapeshifter, but you never know where he is- your only visual clue is striped patterns or red and green
*Subtle striped lighting from fans, or grating, or trees and foliage, or from unknown sources is a subtle indicator of Freddy's presence or influence
*Freddy plays cat and mouse games and doesn't just try to kill people, in fact he waits a long time through the story to kill
*Freddy causes himself self-harm frequently, gouging out his own eyes and running unnaturally after victims on one long leg
*Jarring electronic soundtrack that subtly represents extreme pain
*Posters and pictures of hands, claws, stuffed animals with claws, striped chairs, etc. sit in character's homes and rooms hovering over them like the stuffed birds in Psycho hovering over Marion Crane when she sits with Norman in his office

Just a few ideas I'd put in my adaption.

I'd picture a new A Nightmare on Elm Street game to be similar to The Evil Within in terms of its visuals. Impossible space, constantly-shifting physics, etc. with the waking world being your sort of save room where you'll stock up on items and whatnot that you can take into your dream.

Maybe have a premise that says that you're part of a sleep study revolving around the idea of shared dreams with several other people and you have that one girl's powers from Dream Warriors and Dream Master where you pull people into/enter other people's dreams. Freddy starts trying to kill off the other participants and you're constantly jumping between different environments based off of the fears and personalities of the person whose dream you're entering with the last area involving Freddy entering your dream. Sound and sneaking could be a thing with combat being severely limited to something you should only do if you need a brief moment to put some distance between you and Freddy. And of course the hardest difficulty should be Nightmare.

I've always found that being expected to fight in a survival horror is scarier than being expected to run because if you're expected to run then there's always an escape. There has to be or the game would be too difficult. But if you're expected to fight there's a chance that you can completely screw yourself over.

Shy

For real?!

THAT'S A BIT DEEP..

Stank ass hoe..��

Get your boy, D I Z..
Wait wut. ?

I thought i was just making a funny response without using my tired old gifs.

Sorry. ��

EDIT: Changed it to a get jokey one, to get my point across better.

I just had a moment of reflection earlier tonight, driving past the shelter I used to stay at two years ago then marveling at how far I came.

G... you're tall, may or may not season your chicken, and have a tendency to go from 0-100 which I have no idea why it annoys me (fault of mine).

But you were the first one to look out for me two years ago and once again... thanks.

Sorry for that y'all, I tend to stay up listening to emotional ass music. Continue on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom