• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Been watching a lot of 90s anime later. Shit was just better back then. Character designs and art styles was just leagues ahead

Loudninja

Is it dragonball evolution bad?
See for yourself
I have a feeling this will be a decent flick, but from the spoilers I just read the whitewashing discussion will only get worse.

If you also need to know (imho mild spoilers, because no actual plot discussed): https://twitter.com/i/moments/846753296073342977

Shit, just read them. That makes Gods of Egypt look like Hidden Figures. The takes are going to be hot

if the spoilers are true, Dragonball evolution was just ass, GITS went in with the mission to be ass. Like if we found out the writers had a MAGA hat, I would not be surprised
Ha! I really cant believe they did this.

Young Magus

That was a horrifying dream.

It was basically just me laying in the dark and then a recording of a 911 call started playing from nowhere. The dispatcher was talking to this frantic woman who believed that she might be in some kind of danger, and when the dispatcher was asking for information, the woman kept giving information that fit a murder that had happened in that area a few days prior (her personal information was that of the deceased and she thought that the date was a few days ago), and as soon as the dispatcher pointed that out, the woman screamed and the line went dead.

And from there I was listening to a conversation between a husband and his wife whose hand he apparently had a hand in killing, and I started panicking because all of this was freaking me out. Then the dream took a "wait, what?" turn when it turned out that the woman was in fact Knuckles.

It's not even 5AM yet and I don't have to leave until around 8 but I don't feel like going back to sleep after that.

man the hell happened to BCT?
Shut Up Kreed

Numb

n2Elf.png

Fake or is Joc doing crazy shit again

Kreed

man the hell happened to BCT?
Shut Up Kreed

You need to be saving that aggression for DY Senior. He's the one that was sending you "Maybe next year." birthday post cards.

Village

Been watching a lot of 90s anime later. Shit was just better back then. Character designs and art styles was just leagues ahead

You are insane my dude. Nostalgia glasses on hard.

I much prefer art styles that came out 2000's forward that most of the stuff in the 90's. Characters actually know how to look fresh

RedSwirl

Apparently in the new Jumanji movie Jumanji is a video game instead of a cursed board game now.

Is there still gonna be a flashback prologue? Maybe at this point it could take place in 1994 like the original movie did (which had a flashback prologue in the 60's).

There was just more money in it back then. Animation techniques today are more advanced in some ways, but you gotta dig deep to get past the pandering shit.

Sch1sm

They had to compromise something to release things at the rate they currently do.

n2Elf. png

Fake or is Joc doing crazy shit again

He's been doing crazy shit again. This is from back in summer 2016. Permed his hair. He was feeling himself.

Any of you watching Into the Badlands?

I watched everything they already put out for it. I like it.

Slayven

They had to compromise something to release things at the rate they currently do.

I don't believe that. Japan is nothing but grinding. They still make new epsiodes of Detective Conan, over 800 episodes and that started in 1994, Simpsons started in 1989 and they only got 614 episodes

Numb

He's been doing crazy shit again. This is from back in summer 2016. Permed his hair. He was feeling himself.

I watched everything they already put out for it. I like it.
People will only remember him for the hair for now
----

Visiting baby nephew
Went and broke all his teeth
What a violent young man

Village

Early-mid 2000's anime hits that sweet spot for me

For me its 2000's forward, characters in like real life, actually dress more like real people. And I appropriate that from a character design stand point. And not only that, people talk about 00's anime art styles looking the same , but I would argue a shit ton of 90's anime has the same super exaggerated lanky art style.

I feel like I get much more exaggeration controlled and experimentation in post 2000's styles than I do before that point. Like there is a youthful revolution in character design in actually making the characters look fresh and dress like real people, along with visuals that does not and could not exist in the 90's.

That isn't to say its perfect, as people will tell you there is a new just dumpster truck of pandering ass waifu and husbando shit that is... just kind of pandering nothing. And even things that go as far as to pretend to be actual competent ideas tricking you into realizing "oh this is a husbando show, welp". Along with the rise of anime being based on short novels rather than manga which has caused a rise in shit character designs, that said. Over all I feel like there is a sense of style past 2000 that does not exist before hand.

My point is, I've never been with the 90's anime is better, because one most of the people saying that watched one of 7 ( admittedly really good) anime during the 90's and are using that as a barometer to judge everything 2000 forward and not including the shit with it, and 2 a lot of them aren't actually watching the new an interesting content coming out now. That isn't to say that's slayven, I don't know his viewing habits. But I can't get with that 90's is better stuff, it has its merit but 90's anime is super fucking flawed.

BigDes

Car related. Was thinking of something to put in it, but who the fuck wants floor mats as a gift? Maybe something to hang on the mirror or something.

Numb pls
Sounds boring but some basic car safety/breakdown gear is always a good thing to have in a car. That or some jump leads for her to shove in the boot.

Not the most exciting gifts I know

Car related. Was thinking of something to put in it, but who the fuck wants floor mats as a gift? Maybe something to hang on the mirror or something.

Numb pls

Custom floor mats are a must if you have wet weather and want to keep a clean car, plus they do make it look clean and more roomy inside asthetically. But the typical emergency road kit if anything. Blind spot mirrors, phone mount, car charger etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom