• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT18| - Ma-ma-ma-MAXIMUM! Haram Achieved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zekes!

Okay you guys were right
Iron Fist is garbage, lol

Is it hard to write a martial arts movie without pretending guns don't exist?

I always find in martial art movies that even when there are guns, the people with them are super stupid and walk right up to the person to get their ass whooped

If a nigger can do it, how hard can it be?

giphy.gif

When you see voters like this, it's almost natural to want accelerationism. Lord, that's a strong dose of idiocy/ideology/racism towards the spectre of Obama.

"He's literally going to kill you." "Hope he doesn't!" *votes*

Hard to save people who don't want to help themselves (or want to actively hurt others). They're lucky a rising tide lifts everyone.

Izuna

Banned
^^^^

after seeing the finale to Iron Fist on Netflix

I wish I never asked

Episodes 8 through 10 were good. Legitimately good. Everything else was laughably bad but the finale was straight up mayonnaise

Slayven

andthebeatgoeson

I fucked up. Never watched Atlanta. Caught the first 3 eps on the flight on Delta. Man, i was dying.

Yeah, i need this. It was just so much. The writing was amazing but I'll stay for the black excellence.

How do i get to see the rest of it? My wife was shushing me cuz i was cackling with my ear buds in.

Man, i was all hyped to watch em straight thru. First series i ever wanted to binge.

I fucked up. Never watched Atlanta. Caught the first 3 eps on the flight on Delta. Man, i was dying.

Yeah, i need this. It was just so much. The writing was amazing but I'll stay for the black excellence.

How do i get to see the rest of it? My wife was shushing me cuz i was cackling with my ear buds in.

Man, i was all hyped to watch em straight thru. First series i ever wanted to binge.

Ooooh man you ain't even hit the good episodes yet.

People out here complaining about Iron Fist catching strays in this GITS whitewashing argument.

Yes, "Iron Fist was originally white." But, when you look at the history of how Asian culture has been appropriated (see: yellowface. see: Bruce Lee's Kung Fu idea getting snatched and his part replaced with David Carradine), and the response of Iron Fist's creator to the controversy (he used the term "Oriental"), you should be able to understand why Finn Jones is getting dragged with that "I AM THE MAJOR" meme, and why people are calling Iron Fist whitewashing.

I just heard someone refer to some other person as a "mud person" so I speak up and this clown had the nerve to say that what we call people back home so I shouldn't be bothered. I was so pissed like I should give a shit how you do things back on the farm. I told him to say that one more time in my presence and I will be willing to take the charge, I have bail money.....

Shy

Getting the Season 3 Rick and Morty premiere and a new episode of Samurai Jack on the same day. Damn.
That episode of Rick and Morty was soooooooooooo good.

Atlanta is fucking dope.

Glad you're enjoying.

I just heard someone refer to some other person as a "mud person" so I speak up and this clown had the nerve to say that what we call people back home so I shouldn't be bothered. I was so pissed like I should give a shit how you do things back on the farm. I told him to say that one more time in my presence and I will be willing to take the charge, I have bail money.....
I'd be hard pressed not to crack a skull.

Yeah..shouldn't take offense to your fist either.

zeemumu

That episode of Rick and Morty was soooooooooooo good.

This show's ability to do callbacks without breaking continuity is insane considering it's a show where the characters regularly travel through time and space, like the fact that they remembered that
the Rick and Morty that we're following killed and replaced that universe's Rick and Morty
. I guess I'm just so used to shows not caring about their continuity that this is amazing.

I feel like this place just has some folks that are just straight revolted by trans people that they can't help but let the stupid fly. I really don't understand why the need to go so nuts over something that doesn't directly concern or effect you..like, move the fuck on.

Zekes!

I feel like this place just has some folks that are just straight revolted by trans people that they can't help but let the stupid fly. I really don't understand why the need to go so nuts over something that doesn't directly concern or effect you..like, move the fuck on.

People make a stink about their own freedoms but wanna shit on other people's

Slayven

Pretty much, then act like they are a hero because they suffer Neogaf, if you are not enjoying something and feel it is a burden why stick around? You ain't getting paid

zeemumu

Pretty much, then act like they are a hero because they suffer Neogaf, if you are not enjoying something and feel it is a burden why stick around? You ain't getting paid

I make a commission based on post quotes,
and by commission I mean boosts for my self-esteem.

In reality GAF is still the internet, and in addition to anonymity making people go mad with power, teaching tolerance to people who don't warrant patience or kindness turns into a bit of a paradox because you'll never get the results that you want.

And THAT'S the kicker for me. My home. My property. My life to do as I please. Now, if you're black, female, gay, or trans? I got these set of rules specifically for you. Fuck your body. Fuck your marriage. Racism isn't real. You have a disorder. I know what's best for you.

Funny how that shit works..

5FiRzn5.gif

Sch1sm

"This is a gaming forum, stop pushing your issues down our throats, just play your games!1!11"

Just let people live they lives. Always gotta he somebody telling you "no, nuh uh, not you".
That whole thread turned out exactly as I figured. Bunch of folks bitching about "the tolerant left" essentially and issues about that nonsense.

"This is a gaming forum, stop pushing your issues down our throats, just play your games!1!11"

"Why is the character a female?" "Why is she gay?" "You have to play as a black guy? I can't relate to the character." "Are they trying to push an agenda?"

Just play your games..🍵

Sch1sm

They pretty much imagine everything up and stir up self-produced fear of groups because they can't relate to them. "It's different, therefore it's dangerous," type of mentality.

Mizerman

I know, right?

Shy

This show's ability to do callbacks without breaking continuity is insane considering it's a show where the characters regularly travel through time and space, like the fact that they remembered that
the Rick and Morty that we're following killed and replaced that universe's Rick and Morty
. I guess I'm just so used to shows not caring about their continuity that this is amazing.
Completely agree.

That's what made it just so good.

They made it looks so easy. And yet it didn't feel pandering at all.

Also what's ironic is, the impression i get from listening from the commentary tacks. Is that Justin and Dan kind of resent how invested the fans are in the show's continuity.
PXOchIA.gif

Slayven

Just let people live they lives. Always gotta he somebody telling you "no, nuh uh, not you".
That whole thread turned out exactly as I figured. Bunch of folks bitching about "the tolerant left" essentially and issues about that nonsense.

Exactly, straight by the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom