• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDes

Tying to decide if that run was a worse use of the Thunderbolts name than the weird gladiator arena Bolts they did just before Avengers Disassembled.

Probably, at least the other run was only six issues.

Slayven

Tying to decide if that run was a worse use of the Thunderbolts name than the weird gladiator arena Bolts they did just before Avengers Disassembled.

Probably, at least the other run was only six issues.

That was at least something new, this shit is like revenge of the 90s

That is why they always doing shit to him, because he never grows as a character beyond that shit

Like i always say, whats dudes shoot people in the face then goes and cries in his van down by the river.

thunderbolts1.jpeg

The tagline for this lineup should be "Who gives a shit?"

Man when the most interesting guy in your lineup is Thunderbolt Ross.

WHY DOES VENOM HAVE GUNS? Dude can throw a fucking building.

Zekes!

I will say, that as vehemently against capital punishment as I am, superheroes with extremely strict "no killing" rules really bother me. Like Batman will beat a dude like the Joker to an inch of his life, but won't kill him, then throw him into a jail he knows the Joker will escape from later that afternoon to go back to murdering and causing chaos.

But then on the flip you get the Punisher, and well yeah.

That's just comics I guess

BigDes

Man when the most interesting guy in your lineup is Thunderbolt Ross.

WHY DOES VENOM HAVE GUNS? Dude can throw a fucking building.
Eh, flash Thompson Venom is pretty great. Especially when he healed Venom and went into space.

Then some Top Cow reject got to be Venom for a six issues and now Eddie Brock is Venom again zzzzzzz

akira28

Also Super Sons is basically the adventures of Goten and Trunks and it is wonderful.

superboy is boring as fuck. he really nails home the whole "your kid is the best thing ever, to you"

Jon Kent was interesting when he was a refugee kid from the Phantom zone, General Zod's abused son. I guess that whole hyper aging into an adult thing...never mind.

edit: that's Chris Kent. Chris was cool.

BigDes

superboy is boring as fuck. he really nails home the whole "your kid is the best thing ever, to you"

Jon Kent was interesting when he was a refugee kid from the Phantom zone, General Zod's abused son. I guess that whole hyper aging into an adult thing...never mind.

edit: that's Chris Kent. Chris was cool.
Yeah but it has Damien set to Maximum Damien.

That is why they always doing shit to him, because he never grows as a character beyond that shit

Like i always say, whats dudes shoot people in the face then goes and cries in his van down by the river.

thunderbolts1.jpeg

The tagline for this lineup should be "Who gives a shit?"

Punisher on a team makes zero sense, he works best as Marvel's fucked up uncle no one wants to acknowledge they know.

Mornin' everyone. Google is letting us compose a musicloop if you click the play button, play a lil somethin' somethin' BCT.

I will say, that as vehemently against capital punishment as I am, superheroes with extremely strict "no killing" rules really bother me. Like Batman will beat a dude like the Joker to an inch of his life, but won't kill him, then throw him into a jail he knows the Joker will escape from later that afternoon to go back to murdering and causing chaos.

But then on the flip you get the Punisher, and well yeah.

That's just comics I guess

Batman is a sadistic manchild who funds his sprees of "fighting crime" in the streets of Gotham instead of actually putting in work to change his city. I don't like strict rules on no killing and it's probably why I gravitated toward "anti-heros" more. But Batman? The man will beat a dude till he's paralyzed and can't perform any bodily functions to his own and be like "I don't kill cause I'd be just like them." Batman is the true villain here.

Johndoey

Banned
Mornin' everyone. Google is letting us compose a musicloop if you click the play button, play a lil somethin' somethin' BCT.

Batman is a sadistic manchild who funds his sprees of "fighting crime" in the streets of Gotham instead of actually putting in work to change his city. I don't like strict rules on no killing and it's probably why I gravitated toward "anti-heros" more. But Batman? The man will beat a dude till he's paralyzed and can't perform any bodily functions to his own and be like "I don't kill cause I'd be just like them." Batman is the true villain here.

Bruce Wayne's philanthropic works are a major focus of a lot of stories though. It's just that he also has a thing for brutalizing other people.
--
Punisher works when stories focus less on him than on his impact as this force of nature that rolls through places.

Kreed

A black off-duty St. Louis officer trying to assist after a police car chase ended in a shootout near his home was shot by a white cop from his department.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports the 38-year-old African-American cop was home Wednesday night when he heard commotion nearby.

According to the outlet, officers had been pursuing a white sedan with three male suspects inside when the car crashed near the intersection of Park Lane and Astra Ave.

The three men in the car opened fire on pursuing police and fled the scene.

The off-duty officer, who has not been identified, grabbed his department-issued gun and went out to offer assistance.

The outlet reports that he was initially stopped by two St. Louis officers and ordered to the ground.

A department summary of the incident released Thursday stated that when the cops recognized him as a member of their force, they told him to get up and walk toward them.

That's when another officer arrived to the scene, and fired at the off-duty cop, striking him in the arm.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ficer-shoots-black-off-duty-article-1.3270781

And I say I bit my tongue when I was standing next to three white men in a line yesterday and them talking about how cops are being blamed for bad people, how they've never been in a situation to disobey a cop, how they stand by cops no matter what and how "Mike Brown's case was a justified shooting since he was going for the cops gun".

Took gravity itself to keep my feet in their place and the tightening of my jaw so hard my teeth felt like they were going to shatter to not physically intercede my "over it' vexation on them.

Friendly fire my ass. Cop just pulls up and starts shooting will ask the questions after he dead just because his bitch ass feared for his safety.

Zekes!

That's why I enjoyed All-Star Batman

When "Left" or "Democrat" are in the thread title, the same dance will be played out

Universal income is the key to racial equality. Universal healthcare is the bridge to tolerance and understanding. They've gone so far left that they have become their own version of the right

Samara

Full on fuckery

I have great news :)
I had done the next step in my transformation to a black woman :)
Yesterday I was with an African hairdresser and got a hair extension with curly, African hair :)
To become more and more a black woman, that is such a wonderful feeling :) I'm so happy :)
Next, I’ll have consultations for the butt enlargement and for the African facial features.
How do you like my new look?
https://www.facebook.com/Model.Martina.BIG/photos/a.1526175024326296.1073741830.1525821504361648/1929185504025244/?type=3

Beefy

Just watched the final episode of American Gods, not as good as a few other episodes. But can't wait until next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom