• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The darkened skin around his eyes and dark patches on his skin make him look diseased.

I wonder if he regrets his decision

1337172073be82d3a22d.jpg

1337172074e91a57cf5b457.jpg

looking like eddie munster before color tv

he looks like brown Count Dracula

Mononofu

The math you can manage through, honestly. However, if you don't like repetitive tasks and procedure, Chemistry may be a bad mix for you. That's basically all you do, if you wanted to work in a lab that is. Have you ever thought of Bio Medical Engineering? That seems to be the field to be in if you want to be creative and doing new stuff all the time, but the math is more important there. Why do you exactly want to switch to a Chem major, like what are you looking to do?

I'm not really sure. My interests are music, drugs & supplements (mostly nootropics), neuroscience and lucid dreaming. I have for more imagination than good sense. No real skills or training. Spent the past 6+ yrs working PT for a package company, dead F'ing end. :\

It sucks to be fearful and indecisive.

Lebron

Maybe a Pharmacology MS/PhD program if you like the aspects of drugs and their effects on the body? The techniques will come naturally from just working in a lab, so that won't be a problem. And a lot of the work you would be doing would be stuff that no one has done before you, so creativity will definitely come into play. Not to mention you would make bank :p

Anyone can essentially be trained to do any task(time invested obviously varies), so I wouldn't let fear of not initially knowing what you're doing stop you. Everyone started out sucking ass.

Mononofu

Maybe a Pharmacology MS/PhD program if you like the aspects of drugs and their effects on the body? The techniques will come naturally from just working in a lab, so that won't be a problem. And a lot of the work you would be doing would be stuff that no one has done before you, so creativity will definitely come into play. Not to mention you would make bank :p

Okay I will look into this. Thanks for your advice!

So who in here lives in the DC area?

I lived out in Baltimore for a year and was in DC all the time. Pros: diversity, black professionals abound, close to many big cities especially if you're willing to Megabus it, tons of cultural events and sites, great nightlife. Cons: Expensive, offensively bad parking, some crime-infested neighborhoods that aren't easy to identify. Overall, I think you'll like it if you're going there for college. I would recommend a bike also.

I lived out in Baltimore for a year and was in DC all the time. Pros: diversity, black professionals abound, close to many big cities especially if you're willing to Megabus it, tons of cultural events and sites, great nightlife. Cons: Expensive, offensively bad parking, some crime-infested neighborhoods that aren't easy to identify. Overall, I think you'll like it if you're going there for college. I would recommend a bike also.

Thanks for the advice man. I'll be there for college yeah. It will definitely be a change from my small town of 10,000.

Imm0rt4l

I wonder if he regrets his decision

http://i.mediatakeout.com/photo/1337172073be82d3a22d.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.mediatakeout.com/photo/1337172074e91a57cf5b457.jpg[IMG]

looking like eddie munster before color tv[/QUOTE]

What is there to regret. He's tired of being confused for being a black guy so he rejuvinated his skin back to it's original 100% Spanish form. Dominicans aren't black.

[spoiler] Dat Dominican self hate[/spoiler]

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What is there to regret. He's tired of being confused for being a black guy so he rejuvinated his skin back to it's original 100% Spanish form. Dominicans aren't black.

Dat Dominican self hate

i wonder what the history classes are like there. do they just ignore the spanish slave trade?

IceCold

Awhile ago someone here recommended to me the albums Superfly and What's going on when I mentioned I enjoyed the album Shaft. God bless that person. These albums are awesome. This is why I love gaf, I keep discovering new stuff.

Onemic

Awhile ago someone here recommended to me the albums Superfly and What's going on when I mentioned I enjoyed the album Shaft. God bless that person. These albums are awesome. This is why I love gaf, I keep discovering new stuff.

Please tell me you got Hot Butter Soul and Black Moses? Hot Butter Soul is godlike, it's insane how many people took samples from that album alone.

It's crazy to think that if I was in Trayvon's situation people on GAF would be defending the guy who killed me. Oh well I can't be bummed with graduation tomorrow.

Top Bottom