• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

KFC, Popeye's and Church's have some things that are better than the other ones. The dream would be to combine it into 1. I'd eat at that place twice a week on GP.

KFC
Mac & Cheese
Gravy
Oreo Cake
Green Beans
OG Extra Crispy Recipe Chicken
Oprah Givewaways

Popeye's
Mild Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Red Beans & Rice
Fries
Strawberry Jelly

Church's
.99 Tuesdays
Biscuits

The Struggle Chicken contest between KFC and Church's still going on?

Come on, bros. It's family, soul food or Popeyes in that order.
You want to switch it up, go to Bon Chon for some asian style spicyness.

KFC's teenage mutant ninja soggy shit can be left outside for a stray dog.
We won't even get into Church's, aside from it being misnamed.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
These chicken battles are becoming more and more frequent. Pretty soon this shit is gonna spill into other threads

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Why do young black dudes always have to ask another young-looking black man "where the loud at?" Smh. You look 14 and I'm damn near 30. Fuck outta here and find something to do with yourself... :/

I never randomly asked people outside, even in college, for paranoia of narcs n shit.

Onemic

Why do young black dudes always have to ask another young-looking black man "where the loud at?" Smh. You look 14 and I'm damn near 30. Fuck outta here and find something to do with yourself... :/

I never randomly asked people outside, even in college, for paranoia of narcs n shit.

I've never heard that statement in my life. If it is what I think it is though, even if I know I just say no and go along my business, I hate people that do that.

This is gonna seem out of nowhere, but have any of ya'll had Safeway deliver your groceries to your place? I swear that's been one of the best things to happen with the internet.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I've never heard that statement in my life. If it is what I think it is though, even if I know I just say no and go along my business, I hate people that do that.

Yep. Weed. I can't stand that shit either man.

Of all the words I've learned here, "struggle" is my favorite one.

"Let Rei go, man. You know that nigga LOVES dat struggle chicken"

lol.

I use it when referencing something in hip hop, a lot.

"nobody wants to hear J.Cole's struggle bars and telephone voice, when they're trying to get pussy."

This is gonna seem out of nowhere, but have any of ya'll had Safeway deliver your groceries to your place? I swear that's been one of the best things to happen with the internet.

Nope. Can't fuck with it. To paranoid about shit I've seen happen in retail.

Samara

627.jpg

Fully agree
KFC is a hot mess
Popeyes is always cold even when fresh.

You're looking to start trouble arent ya?

Imm0rt4l

Every other page devolves into the same fucking argument over and over like clockwork.

Ya'll ninjas need to step your game up and talk about some other kinds of foods.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Every other page devolves into the same fucking argument over and over like clockwork.

Ya'll ninjas need to step your game up and talk about some other kinds of foods.

ok then, best place to get a burger ?

DominoKid

? for the guys

how likely do you think it is that you'll marry a black woman...like if you had to put a percentage on it?

i'm curious.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That asian girl article, got damn.

self hate is an ugly thing... a very ugly thing.

? for the guys

how likely do you think it is that you'll marry a black woman...like if you had to put a percentage on it?

i'm curious.

idk I've hooked up with girls from different races. So race isn't the issue with me its usually compatibility issue for me. I will say this the majority of complete compatibility women I've met have been Black but I fell in love with a Mexican girl once so like I said its complicated for me.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
? for the guys

i'm curious.
Low

But only because I find myself around fewer and fewer black women

ok then, best place to get a burger ?

Best $1 in the business is the McDouble for me anyway.

If we're talking all around then Wendy's is putting the world on notice. Yeah, the Baconator is a heart attack in a bag. But damn is that shit good.

Outside of that 5 Guys and 4 X 4 Animal Style from In & Out.

how bout that pizza tho?

Whenever Pizza Hut is doing that $10 deal with all the toppings is the crack. I've come out of that with some good pizzas.

For all my St. Louis family, Imo's is fucking godlike as long as you have a good one near and you catch them at the right time.

? for the guys

i'm curious.

100%. She aint marring somebody else if I have something to say about it.

DominoKid

Low

But only because I find myself around fewer and fewer black women

Fairly low. Black women don't particularly find me attractive.

see this is more in line with my experiences.
the question popped in my mind because as im at home for labor day weekend, and just being around black people again for the first time in a while, i just felt like i couldnt relate on that same level.

im always attracted to black women, but we just dont vibe on the same level in general.

Imm0rt4l

? for the guys

i'm curious.

not terribly high, it's a crap shoot really. It depends, I can't find nearly as many quality black women here in Vegas as I could in Atlanta.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
? for the guys

i'm curious.
I would love to, but whether I marry one or not, only time will tell...

KFC, Popeye's and Church's have some things that are better than the other ones. The dream would be to combine it into 1. I'd eat at that place twice a week on GP.

KFC
Mac & Cheese
Gravy
Oreo Cake
Green Beans
Oprah Givewaways

Popeye's
Mild Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Red Beans & Rice
Fries
Strawberry Jelly

Church's
.99 Tuesdays
Biscuits

KFC
Mac & Cheese

Popeye's
Everything Else

Church's

I don't want to bring the conversation back to chicken, but I swear to FUCK that it's hard as hell to find decent instructions on how to oven bake boneless chicken. Every site I go to is listing instructions on how to serve a room full of people, and I'm just trying to feed myself here. Took me way too long just to finally find something.

KFC
Mac & Cheese
Gravy
Oreo Cake
Green Beans
Oprah Givewaways

Popeye's
Mild Chicken
Mashed Potatoes
Red Beans & Rice
Fries
Strawberry Jelly

Church's
.99 Tuesdays
Biscuits

OcaaF.jpg

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
? for the guys

i'm curious.
Probably 40-50%. Not because I don't find them attractive because I do. I'm attracted to them about as much as any other ethnicity. I don't really have a preference on that front. At most, I'm partial to brunettes but that's it.

Like someone else said, given my area's demographic, I'm not likely to find one who shares much of the same interests as me.

? for the guys

i'm curious.
i can't put a % on that because that's not something i even consider, but i guess it's lower than 100%

I don't want to bring the conversation back to chicken, but I swear to FUCK that it's hard as hell to find decent instructions on how to oven bake boneless chicken. Every site I go to is listing instructions on how to serve a room full of people, and I'm just trying to feed myself here. Took me way too long just to finally find something.

cook it till it's done. how hard is that?

? for the guys

i'm curious.

If I weren't currently in a relationship thats marriage bound, I'd say low. As is 0% because I'm spoken for, but if I were single...really low. I'd be open to it, but I hardly ever run into black women during my day to day.

I gotta have instructions when cooking something. My poor memory requires it. Even my grandma's mac and cheese recipe, which I've made nearly every week for months now, requires me to read the instructions.

Wait, do you have a recipe for baked mac and cheese? Could you please share it with me, maybe through PM or something? I've been going through different recipes lately but I haven't found one that I liked.

Top Bottom