• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Ok guys, Old Kanye, 808 Kanye, or Current Kanye?
I like all 3 although I dismissed 808 Kanye for the longest time back when I was stuck in my "real hip-hop only, let me tighten up the straps on my jansport" phase. As for WTT:
eWVPN.gif

I one of those guys who thinks MBDTF is one of the best albums released in years, so current Kanye is good with me.

and FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK 808s. So garbage. All dat struggle vocalizing, I can't, nooooope, not here for that. Aint nobody can tell Kanye "No", so sometimes you get MBDTF...and sometimes you get 808s :(

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
am i the only one who really cant get into kanye? i respect his work, but he really doesnt do anything for me.

DominoKid

Ok guys, Old Kanye, 808 Kanye, or Current Kanye?

Current > Old > 808s

but like i said in GAF-Hop, 808s will end up being remembered as his best album as time goes by.

MBDTF is the best though. Probably the best album at least of the last 5 years. maybe longer.
I've never felt more impacted and affected by an album.

Kreed

Late Registration
College Dropout
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Graduation
Watch The Throne

Didn't even bother listening to 808 outside of three singles.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
CrazyDogg77

You should be getting settled in to college now. If you can read this, go HAM.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
It's not in my nature to just bite an L for the sake of peace. I've gotten in so many arguments w/ my aunt because she's the same way.
I can appreciate this as I'm wired similarly. Some times I'll let shit go because I can't be bothered, but usually I'll fight with sisters/wife/mom/whoever on principle. *shrug*

Your grandma's jibe made me lol, though.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I'm literally sitting there with multiple tabs open, flipping back and forth to update the ban list with reasons and dates, thinking

"nobody's going to be dumb enough to walk into that minefield and say more stupid shit"

then I flip back just in time to see some guy talking about how what happened to her was "benign and non-invasive sexual harassment"

and I go CHANDLER BING

I'm literally sitting there with multiple tabs open, flipping back and forth to update the ban list with reasons and dates, thinking

"nobody's going to be dumb enough to walk into that minefield and say more stupid shit"

then I flip back just in time to see some guy talking about how what happened to her was "benign and non-invasive sexual harassment"

and I go CHANDLER BING

It's gotta be some really young dudes with no women in their life or something because I can't think of any other logical excuse to be so ignorant or insensitive.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

and I go CHANDLER BING

....did I miss some insanity?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Start here and enjoy the carnival of stupid.

Clearly Devo and her kind are all charlatans that can only play games on super-easy-you-suck mode.

I really love how people try to dress up their ignorant thoughts with words and phrases they found in the glossary of the book they picked up, on the clearance rack for their Psych/Sociology 101 classes, and still manage to get everything about life wrong.

Clearly Devo and her kind are all charlatans that can only play games on super-easy-you-suck mode.

I really love how people try to dress up their ignorant thoughts with words and phrases they found in the glossary of the book they picked up, on the clearance rack for their Psych/Sociology 101 classes, and still manage to get everything about life wrong.

Yah that's why my k/d ratio on Reach is over 2.

cheat codes

that PAX sex assault thread really blew my mind... i mean, i was reading posts of people who did not sound like they were joking when they were saying it wasn't so bad that some dude pulled out his dick and put her hand on it... then when that one dude posted the pic of the girl with the comment about the game difficulty, i was like "yeah, time to close this tab before you say some shit that gets you banned"

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
People are legit waving that shit off? What in the fuck?

ibgldiO38zZ4TG.gif

It's a couple dudes that I'm shocked made it out of there un-banned. I think it's because they were confusing enough that nobody was sure what the fuck they were trying to say.

Amnada Waller was always one of my favorite DC characters. On a team of psychos, assassins, and murderers, she was the toughest one there. Nobody got the better of her, noisy politcians, supernatural forces from alternate dimensions, not even mothafuckin' Batman. She always found a way to outsmart people, even if that meant being ruthless.

amanda_waller.jpg

But now there's a reboot and she's just another skinny black chick with perfect jaw line and big breasts and small waist, because EVERYBODY has to be a super model now. Let's make the universe LESS visually interesting, there's a good idea. Too many big strong black women around superhero books.

1316267138-95.jpg

FUCK the DCNU, essentially.

akira28

I'm ok with that. Pam Grier as Waller. I usually think someone like a mix between old school Oprah and CCH Pounder, but an older/thicker Foxy Brown, I'm willing to imagine that.

Onemic

I'm ok with that. Pam Grier as Waller. I usually think someone like a mix between old school Oprah and CCH Pounder, but an older/thicker Foxy Brown, I'm willing to imagine that.

Didn't Pounder play Waller in some batman/superman direct to video movie?

harSon

Banned
Amnada Waller was always one of my favorite DC characters. On a team of psychos, assassins, and murderers, she was the toughest one there. Nobody got the better of her, noisy politcians, supernatural forces from alternate dimensions, not even mothafuckin' Batman. She always found a way to outsmart people, even if that meant being ruthless.

amanda_waller.jpg

But now there's a reboot and she's just another skinny black chick with perfect jaw line and big breasts and small waist, because EVERYBODY has to be a super model now. Let's make the universe LESS visually interesting, there's a good idea. Too many big strong black women around superhero books.

1316267138-95.jpg

FUCK the DCNU, essentially.

To be fair, a strong, sassy and independent heavy set black woman isn't exactly going against consistent tropes either.

<3 Pam Grier.

CCH Pounder was amazing as Waller in JLU; amazing show btw. She's good in The Shield too.

Is a good bit of Gaf autistic? They seem totally mystified by basic everyday social interactions and conventions.

I don't think it's fair/conducive to conversation to write them all off that way. You can't always know what makes people the way they are. If you could, you'd be more sympathetic.

wow that Talking to girls in public, civil or uncivil? thread, can't even post without some bitter dudes putting words in my mouth.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I didn't even post yet Dy. They were replying to a shadow.
You're past the point I reached. A few months ago I didn't even need to post in a race thread to see people acting like I was already lurking in the shadows or something.

Just spare yourself the potential "wtf" and dodge those threads entirely.

You're past the point I reached. A few months ago I didn't even need to post in a race thread to see people acting like I was already lurking in the shadows or something.

Just spare yourself the potential "wtf" and dodge those threads entirely.

Nah I went in and said what I had to say fine. Mostly just lol. Got me so wrong too. Hilarious.

Pounder as Waller was so great. That last episode of JLU wouldn't have been the same without her narration. Her work made Waller sound the part of legit threat. The only other person I feel would've did Waller some justice in the DCAU is Lynne Thigpen. RIP.

And Pam Grier did work as her in Smallville. That show in general was cast well all around for the most part. And that's the thing that makes me weary about Arrow. But we'll see how that goes.

Top Bottom