• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

I didn't even know that Michael Clarke Duncan was in the hospital, and now he's gone. It's sobering how heart problems can just snatch people away, even someone as fit as he was. He will be missed.

I might be getting old but Techno and Dubstep sound like the same thing.

220px-TheProdigy-TheFatOfTheLand.jpg

This aint no damn dubstep.

I used to blast this while doing speed runs on Goldeneye N64 in college.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I didn't even know that Michael Clarke Duncan was in the hospital, and now he's gone. It's sobering how heart problems can just snatch people away, even someone as fit as he was. He will be missed.

On top of that, Omarosa saved his life the first time around. Crazy how this ended.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
just came from seeing my grandma. even though I love her she remarried to man that is nothing more than a blood sucking tick and it makes me not want to see her because he is always around. She had good credit ect. everything was on point. But this er has slowly ruined all that since they have been married. he refuses try and find a job or help out in any way. Now it's a possibility she could loose her house. She knows he's a horrible husband and he is financially abusive but she wont divorce him (on that religious bullshit.) smh sorry for the rant.

My biological father tried to contact me threw fucking text (lol)after us not speaking close to ten years. I told him to go to hell and to never contact me again. I saw at the age of 12 he was an immature selfish ass hole and threw his text it's very apparent to me that he still hasn't matured. I have yet to send any communication back his way.

Not many positive male role models in my life. I constantly struggle asking myself if I have what it takes to be a real man.

Dubstep and techno can be good if your willing to dig beyond the surface of each genre.

Michael Clarke Duncan... fuck man. rip.

double jump

oh, currently watching
rOZ4i.jpg
and Allison Dean > Shari Headley by a country mile.

What happened to decent black comedies?
Shoot what happened to comedy period?

DominoKid

A psychopath that got his asshopped at the doctor's office.

fucking lol.
i watch like 5 secs of the reunion today and saw Shay (Buckeey from Flavor of Love) and for a second i wanted to figure out why the hell she's on it.
but then i realized im better off not knowing.

Brick - Dazz is the classic everyone knows(even if they don't know they know), and their other stuff, probably only if you are a fan or an aficionado, or from the era. They made it medium, I'd say. Not huge, like a Parliament, or even big like Slave or Ohio Players.

Now of course this is another one that is the jam that shows we all secretly know Brick - Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDPz4guxOQ

This is another good one by Heatwave.

ReiGun

How was Life even considered a comedy?! I can't be the only one who found it depressing!

That was part of what made it so good. You could laugh your ass off while totally feeling for everyone in the movie.

The montage with everyone but Eddie and Martin leaving was rough.

double jump

How was Life even considered a comedy?! I can't be the only one who found it depressing!

nah me too. It's been a while since I've fully seen it though. Maybe it's one of those movies where stuff just went over my head the first few times. Gonna eventually give it other go in the future.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
One of the various reasons something is wrong with Chicago right now. Enabling ass mother fuckers are the reasons the youth can't progress. smh...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I wish I could time travel to the 70s and just go to clubs and bars to experience this music at its height. Fuck today's shit.

If I had a time machine, one of the things I would do would be to go to concerts of acts that are gone, or no longer the same. Queen, inxs, parliament funkadelic, I'm hitting up all the good shit.

Top Bottom