• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Serious question, do people still use it?
It doesn't get anywhere near as many unique hits as Facebook does on a daily basis however it has become a forum for science nerds and political debates (your typical Obama bashing).

The most popular/mainstream feature of Google+ is probably hangouts.

BlackGAF, maybe you can help me with this one.

I'm tired of caesars. Dark caesars, medium caesars, and light caesars. Although that feeling of feeling like a total bad ass after getting a cut is great, I think I'm tired of the whole look.

I've tried the mohawk/fauxhawk a few months ago, and I did like it, a lot even -- I do not think that style of hair is "job" material. I don't like dreads either. So, I am considering going back to the afro.

But, this time, I do want to try out something like what D.L. Hughley has going on right now. More specifically, something like this.

vs8bn.jpg

Any tips on how to get such a hairstyle?

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
yeah I would like to try something like that as well spin

or something like these

9wllP.jpg

rMzrl.jpg

I really need some new hair products though something that stimulates growth and adds moisture to my scalp. any suggestions are more than welcome

PM me as well, pls.

I'm tired of caesars. Dark caesars, medium caesars, and light caesars. Although that feeling of feeling like a total bad ass after getting a cut is great, I think I'm tired of the whole look.

I've tried the mohawk/fauxhawk a few months ago, and I did like it, a lot even -- I do not think that style of hair is "job" material. I don't like dreads either. So, I am considering going back to the afro.

But, this time, I do want to try out something like what D.L. Hughley has going on right now. More specifically, something like this.

vs8bn.jpg

Dude, get a flat top. They are going to make a comeback, I can feel it.

I used to have the little fro like Kobe Bryant until I was about 21. I kinda wanted to do the fauxhawk/frohawk...but I can't find a way to fit that in while working. If I could grow my hair out long enough, I'd do it for a weekend and cut it off just so I could see what it was like to do something else w/my hair again.

Also, good stuff for hair growth and scalp moisturizing:

41oSsH%2B91AL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been using this, along with some Dax pomade I have lying around. It's a good combo.

vs8bn.jpg

Just looks like a nappy blowout maybe with some gel

yeah I would like to try something like that as well spin

or something like these

9wllP.jpg

rMzrl.jpg

I really need some new hair products though something that stimulates growth and adds moisture to my scalp. any suggestions are more than welcome

Just twists...or starter dreads that you want to keep short...

I usually rock short shadowed fades, Ushers 4D haircut or a Short faded afro ala Will Smith in hitch, with a bit of gel to mimick his hairs texture.

Thinking about investing a bunch of money into clippers and trying to replicate a lot of my usual cuts myself...starting to pay a lot to my barber who does a great job but damn, would be nice to walk around with a fresh cut literally everyday for free.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

vs8bn.jpg

That's a blowout w/ dax or bronner bros. gel

Dark FaZe said:
Thinking about investing a bunch of money into clippers and trying to replicate a lot of my usual cuts myself...starting to pay a lot to my barber who does a great job but damn, would be nice to walk around with a fresh cut literally everyday for free.

This, I've been meaning to learn how to cut my own hair for some time now. It would save a lot of time and it's a nice skill to have

RedSwirl

vs8bn.jpg

I'm about ready to just give up and go with this.

Can't afford the gas and money to maintain a skin fade right now, maintaining a small fro is getting tiring, and people have told me my hair still looks good even before I comb it.

Got it, suck at 3D fighters though but I wanted to support a good quality fighter so I caved in.

What's with the fg community and 3-d fighters? Y'all never seem to stay with them for that long at all. There may be a good scene for it starting out, but it quickly dwindles down. SFIV and T6 came out within the same year, but there are still a lot of action going on for it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What's with the fg community and 3-d fighters? Y'all never seem to stay with them for that long at all. There may be a good scene for it starting out, but it quickly dwindles down. SFIV and T6 came out within the same year, but there are still a lot of action going on for it.
A lot of 3d fighters just haven't been handled well.

akira28

black hair should come with an instruction guide as thick as a Unix manual.

Man ingrown hairs must be some kinda payback for how awesome black people are, just tweezed three from my neck shits annoying

I have had things growing out of my chin that were so sharp, I would scratch my whiskers and come away with one sticking out of my finger like a needle. black ppl as Homo Superior confirmed.

See that's my problem: I'd have to do it every 2 weeks to maintain a skin fade.

I feel for guys trying to maintain a short look and have to get a cut super frequently.

I can get a cut kinda short and wear various styles as it grows and about 2 months later I get another cut before I start walking around with a Ricky Ricardo.

harSon

Banned
black hair should come with an instruction guide as thick as a Unix manual.

I have had things growing out of my chin that were so sharp, I would scratch my whiskers and come away with one sticking out of my finger like a needle. black ppl as Homo Superior confirmed.

At least ya'll have a manual. Nobody knows what to do with that Mulatto hair.

I think I kinda did talk him into it, in a way.

But, me and my mom just had a great conversation afterwards, and thing seems pretty normal(or relatively normal). Which is SHOCKING, because she goes to church like 3 times a week, she is super-churchlady. My dad seemed more upset, and he barely read the Bible.

DominoKid

goddamn i wish the local pd could choke on a million dicks.

stopping me for drinking a beer walking home(right on my block)? im 21, FOH. go stop some real fucking crimes.

Top Bottom