• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Man I just checked out the Battle Rap thread..

whew.png

also my steam tag:
biggz14, just like in my profile

hwalker84

I'd love a PM. Cause I'm incredibly interested especially as a black man who used to speak a little bit of Japanese but has never made the trip.

LowerLevel

Damn, I have to admit after seeing the occasional "Where's Mufasa?" and "I hope he's ok..." et al for the past few months or so, I have to admit I'm curious as well. But I do want to respect his privacy if he wishes it. But, if he doesn't care, I'd love to read it...

hypernima

Banned
Man, we were in sociology class today talking about word reclamation.
I was one of 2 black guys in that class and this white dude said "Nigger"
It was somewhat in context, but come on... he was tickling fancy.

DominoKid

Man, we were in sociology class today talking about word reclamation.
I was one of 2 black guys in that class and this white dude said "Nigger"
It was somewhat in context, but come on... he was tickling fancy.

ugh...its always annoying in college when people try to get cute.

ecurbj

Yeah, most Steam games will run on Netbooks unless they're on that Crysis shit or something.

I might give it a go. I haven't made a Steam account since I've been on this Earth. I'm planning to get a MacBook Pro though. But I will make a Steam account later today or after work tomorrow.

My shit computer goes into overdrive when I try to use Netflix, so I gave up on computer gaming a long time ago.

My netbook would do that when it came with 1GB of RAM stock. I installed 2GB in it instead and its been fine ever since.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
my steam name is leoj89 (same as my psn)

most of my pc games have been brought threw amazon though

the only steam games I have are black mesa and team fortress

RedSwirl

Seriously? I have a netbook also. I got rid of the old laptop a few years ago and been rocking this Asus netbook for 2 years now. Running Windows 7.

Steam ain't just for new games. Plenty of classics, plus indie games that are probably really low-end. If that doesn't work for you, you also got GoodOldGames which deals almost exclusively in old-ass PC games.

My current computer is just good enough to run the Crysis shit, but getting old. Plan to finally build one this year and just hook it up to the TV to make some kind of super console. They even just released a UI layout built specifically for the TV and controller.

Steam name is the same one I use on GAF. There should probably be a BlackGAF group or something.

Got the PM in the 1st wave but was too busy/lazy to read it. I guess I'll get it a read now because you guys have me all curious and shit.

Edit:
Damn dude you were getting it in..I kinda got confused who was who by the end though haha.

Edit2:
Mufasa has officially begun the Blasian Revolution in Japan.

Slayven

Heard this on a podcast "Love had everything to do with it" the Ike Turner story. Fishbourne and Bassett aren't doing anything else.

akira28

part 1: ManDikku - complete.

coming soon...

part 2: Consequences are never the same.

My friends have always teased Japan. A friend of mine used to go over there and pose as an amateur sports star as his 'in' with the ladies. Now I know I have to visit. Maybe I put too much stock in those stories of anti-black racism in Japan.

Slayven

part 1: ManDikku - complete.

coming soon...

part 2: Consequences are never the same.

My friends have always teased Japan. A friend of mine used to go over there and pose as an amateur sports star as his 'in' with the ladies. Now I know I have to visit. Maybe I put too much stock in those stories of anti-black racism in Japan.
I saw a show where Sisqo and Keith Sweat can shut clubs in Japan.

FreeMufasa

I don't have a PC now so I can't send PMs anymore but for my life someone sent Bish a pm right? And you guys know the cool cats who can get a pm.

Also I met Blackace last month lol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't have a PC now so I can't send PMs anymore but for my life someone sent Bish a pm right? And you guys know the cool cats who can get a pm.

Also I met Blackace last month lol.

megaton

answer me this though - is he actually uncle phil from fresh prince?

Top Bottom