• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I guess I'm just not up to date. Have you guys heard these terms used in the real world or just on tv/the web?
I remember in high school when one of the popular girls (who happened to be white) started dating a black guy; one of my white friends said that he used to like her 'before she became a coal burner'. I mean, he was genuinely bothered by it. I didn't know what the word meant at the time but put 2 and 2 together. Looking back, I let my a lot non black friends get away with more than I probably should have (when it came to racially insensitive language).

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
honey-bunches-of-oats.jpg

Get at me.

respect my man

Imm0rt4l

Never heard of mudshark, I've heard of snicker licker though. Its amazing how many derogatory terms/pejoratives are related to blacks. Always learning something new.

Slayven

Devo just held a mirror right in the face of "if X is cheating on my X, it's not my business"-gaf.

My thoughts on that is, drama is shitty and should be avoided. 10x more so for other people's drama. It's not a loyalty thing, it's i don't want other people's problems thing.

My thoughts on that is, drama is shitty and should be avoided. 10x more so for other people's drama. It's not a loyalty thing, it's i don't want other people's problems thing.

My best friend was smangin my other friend's gf in highschool. He told me, but at that point it was a month or two inprogress and my other friend was catching on. He basically told me because he knew it was about to come crashing down. I ended up knowing a few days before everything came to a head.

Part of me is glad I didn't get thrown into the fray, but another part feels like I should of said something. Ultimately me speaking up would have only resulted in it ending a few days earlier and my cheating friend feeling betrayed. The guy who got cheated on cut my other friend off pretty much completely but he understood my situation and we're still close. The girl in this situation was ...um...welll let's say I called this the day they started dating.

DominoKid

Devo just held a mirror right in the face of "if X is cheating on my X, it's not my business"-gaf.

its easier if one of your life mantras is "i reserve the right to be a hypocrite at any point in time."

i dunno, i look at things as individual situations instead of a hard and fast rule.

ex:
generally: i think college basketball players should definitely go when their stock is high. get that money.
situation: i get mad when players leave UNC early. especially the 2012 players leaving having won NO trophies. preseason or postseason. they didnt do shit and they gave us the worst moment EVER the Duke rivalry. smh.
they owed us another year.
(sidenote: i am happy harrison barnes left.

but back to the point...

*kanyeshrug*

It's weird how it works, people specifically don't want to get involved but I'm sure they would want to know for their own sake. But instead of thinking about how they'd want a divorce or to get tested it's all "not my business." To me that's bullshit. You'd want to know and you'd want out, so does the other person in most cases. And if they don't and want to be in denial or you get in trouble for telling them what's up, oh well, you get to know how they really are that much better. And if your family wants to pull that "blood is thicker than water" shit, consider what kind of family dynamic you have.

My best friend was smangin my other friend's gf in highschool. He told me, but at that point it was a month or two inprogress and my other friend was catching on. He basically told me because he knew it was about to come crashing down. I ended up knowing a few days before everything came to a head.

Part of me is glad I didn't get thrown into the fray, but another part feels like I should of said something. Ultimately me speaking up would have only resulted in it ending a few days earlier and my cheating friend feeling betrayed. The guy who got cheated on cut my other friend off pretty much completely but he understood my situation and we're still close. The girl in this situation was ...um...welll let's say I called this the day they started dating.

Usually people have an inkling and ignore it for whatever reason. I've been told the most obvious sign is a change in the sex.

Slayven

It's weird how it works, people specifically don't want to get involved but I'm sure they would want to know for their own sake. But instead of thinking about how they'd want a divorce or to get tested it's all "not my business." To me that's bullshit. You'd want to know and you'd want out, so does the other person in most cases. And if they don't and want to be in denial or you get in trouble for telling them what's up, oh well, you get to know how they really are that much better. And if your family wants to pull that "blood is thicker than water" shit, consider what kind of family dynamic you have.

Usually people have an inkling and ignore it for whatever reason. I've been told the most obvious sign is a change in the sex.

Yeah but that is you. You don't know whether that person wants to know or if them and their partner have a deal or whatevers.

And if they tell you none of your business?

Then you just don't bother if they're going to get that defensive about it. Normally though I don't run into this. People make it pretty obvious how they feel about it without even needing to ask, especially if they're married. And if they're open they're less likely to give you shit, it's like "oh hey I saw your partner with someone else", "yeah that's how our relationship works", "oh."

I was literally taken aback by the two racial slurs I saw in the Kanye sex tape thread. Gotta re-up on my racial terminology. I'm in the south so I gotta stay on my toes. Also because it's Sunday morning and a week away from October.

Old School throw back!!!!
images

I was literally taken aback by the two racial slurs I saw in the Kanye sex tape thread. Gotta re-up on my racial terminology. I'm in the south so I gotta stay on my toes. Also because it's Sunday morning and a week away from October.

Old School throw back!!!!
images

Ghosts can't pour milk, that mascot is a phony

TODAY I SHALL SHARE WITH YOU MY RAGE:

all right for those in Toronto you guys will be in the know:

Alright I agreed with some norwegian idiot(only after the fact of course) on Kijiji: That I'd buy I'd buy an iPhone 4S off of him for $300 dollars. We agreed to meet up at 1pm at Eglinton station.. I go spend $20 on gas to take my ass to the local train station as i'm not enduring traffic to go all the way to Toronto, I live in the fucking suburbs.. I go to the local train station.. I buy the bloody bus ticket and then I make a call to him to make sure that he'll be be there by 1pm: he tells me he sold it. I told him where the fuck is your honor in making deals? I told him if he was right next to me when he told me that I'd pop his head like a grape.

TL;DR: I spent $40 on a lame.
LLShC.gif

Slayven

Can we retire "work"? It is such lame slang. Unless it involves light skinned green eyed dudes getting this work. Then I will let it slide.

Alright I agreed with some norwegian idiot(only after the fact of course) on Kijiji: That I'd buy I'd buy an iPhone 4S off of him for $300 dollars. we agreed to meet up at 1pm at Eglinton station.. I go spend $20 on gas to take my ass to the local train station as i'm not enduring traffic I go all the way Toronto, I live in the fucking suburbs.. I go to the local train station.. I buy the bloody bus ticket and then I make call to him to make sure that he'll be be there by 1pm: he tells he sold it. I told him where the fuck is your honor in making deals? I told i'm if he right next me when he told me that I'd pop his head like a grape.

LLShC.gif

Dude people on Kijiji have no honour. I was buying 2 games for 40 bucks off someone and when I bus my ass all the way from the west side suburbs to yorkdale mall, the guy texts me that he sold one of the games and he will sell me the other one for 30. I was pissed but I got him to give it to me for 20. Still was not worth the hour in transit.

Onemic

Alright I agreed with some norwegian idiot(only after the fact of course) on Kijiji: That I'd buy I'd buy an iPhone 4S off of him for $300 dollars. we agreed to meet up at 1pm at Eglinton station.. I go spend $20 on gas to take my ass to the local train station as i'm not enduring traffic I go all the way Toronto, I live in the fucking suburbs.. I go to the local train station.. I buy the bloody bus ticket and then I make call to him to make sure that he'll be be there by 1pm: he tells he sold it. I told him where the fuck is your honor in making deals? I told i'm if he right next me when he told me that I'd pop his head like a grape.

LLShC.gif

craigslist is the same way. I have more of a problem that they dont tell you that they sold it to someone else and instead either wait for you to ask, or(in all of my cases) sell it and don't reply to you at all when you tell them you're at the location.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What does this term "work" mean in context?

well the work was the disses Lux aimed at calico but the real context is he is going "to take this ass whupping"

Also I googled this so - called kanye Sex tape and they say its a Kim look alike??? wtf does that even mean. Is it disinformation to say its not Kim or did he really bag a woman that looked liked kim cause he has a kim fetish????

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
well the work was the disses Lux aimed at calico but the real context is he is going "to take this ass whupping"

Also I googled this so - called kanye Sex tape and they say its a Kim look alike??? wtf does that even mean. Is it disinformation to say its not Kim or did he really bag a woman that looked liked kim cause he has a kim fetish????

It's a look alike that looks better than kim.

Top Bottom