• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

The most recent example of "should I even post this shit" was today in that "how far have you gone for a game" thread, talking about how I pleasured a female GameStop employee so I could get Vanquish early.

1325575_o.gif

Worth it.

Gorillaz

It can be hard reading through a thread and realizing that if you let your opinion be known you would be banned with the quickness.

I was told that literally the first day. At first I didnt know how you guys hold back saying stuff. I've been trying to avoid threads if the title sounds like a future graveyard.

Old Lace

I hold back in a lot of the girl age threads. There's a lot of people on GAF who think that they're ugly. And that this is the reason they can't find a significant other, it's really weird.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
What happened to the hispanic culture thread, that's what I wanna know!

Not that I'd post much, but I'd like the option!

the man won

I'm surprised tbct made it to OT2

wasnt it the people with skin thread or something that was causing the problem ?

Slayven

It kills me that you have phrase the title of a thread just right because that is all 77% of them will read.

That is also why I don't highlight articles. You are on Gaf, you got time to read a couple of paragraphs.

FyreWulff

Pretty much. I hold back on posts like where I live or like that view from your window thread. Too many fuckin' stalkers.

This is why I sprinkle a bit of disinformation into my posts.

I also don't like any pictures of myself to be on the internet. There's otherwise normal pictures that part of me wishes I could just delete them or edit myself out, even though they're not bad or anything.

yall must have some radical opinions.
i dont have that problem.

Not radical, more traditional.

I consider myself a tolarent and accepting person, but I do feel strongly on certain subjects that are brought up in the OT once in awhile. And while I might not have bad intent I know it would conflict with the views of the vocal group who post in said threads.

I'd probably get banned trying to revive that thread huh?

I've never related much to the culture anyway, but it's the principle of the matter. Whats this 'skin' stuff you guys are refering to?

ReiGun

I've never related much to the culture anyway, but it's the principle of the matter. Whats this 'skin' stuff you guys are refering to?

As I recall, there was a Hispanic thread where Hispanic-Gaf and anyone else interested would get together and chat. Eventually, the Barbershop was created for Black-Gaf. Everything was cool until one day, some copy cat threads starting popping up. Basically they were mostly just trolls made in response to some salty gaffers feeling slighted at there being a thread for black and hispanic members. The mods couldn't couldn't really lock them without appearing discriminatory, so they just mashed them all together into the "People with Skin" thread, saying Gaf wasn't for insular communities or whatever.

That's how I remember it. I wasn't online when the foolishness started, and trying to read the mashed up thread to get the story was a mess.

Lebron

I'd probably get banned trying to revive that thread huh?

Douche made a White Culture one because Paul Mooney was right. Then people started making random X Culture ones in response too because Paul Mooney was right. Then they merged all into the People With Skin OT. Then locked it up because Paul Mooney was right.

So ignorant gaf seriously just went "why isn't there White Entertainment Television?"

I wouldn't have jumped ship anyway, but that sucks.

Can someone every so often mention how delicious tamales are at least? I feel left out during chicken wars.

So ignorant gaf seriously just went "why isn't there White Entertainment Television?"

I wouldn't have jumped ship anyway, but that sucks.

Can someone every so often mention how delicious tamales are at least? I feel left out during chicken wars.

Tamales are gdlk. Beef tamales are where it's at.

username quote

Pasteles are better.

Tamales and all their cuisine cousins are welcome on my plate. Until they try to make them sweeet. Fuck a dessert tamale.

Tamales are gdlk. Beef tamales are where it's at.

username quote

I can't wait until Christmas gets closer and I can over eat tamales. As soon as Thanksgiving passes I'm gonna park my car outside the usual spot and pace outside their door with a fork in my hand mutterin, "you gon get this work."

I can't wait until Christmas gets closer and I can over eat tamales. As soon as Thanksgiving passes I'm gonna park my car outside the usual spot and pace outside their door with a fork in my hand mutterin, "you gon get this work."

Christmas with my family is always amazing. My mom, aunty and grandma all get together and make about 50+ tamales from scratch. It's only that low because my mom and aunt get tired after a while.

A.E Suggs

This is why I sprinkle a bit of disinformation into my posts.

I also don't like any pictures of myself to be on the internet. There's otherwise normal pictures that part of me wishes I could just delete them or edit myself out, even though they're not bad or anything.

I don't really mind the bolded unless there's something wrong with the pictures. I mean anyone who has facebook(or pretty much any other popular social site) pretty much sets themselves up for this anyway.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Douche made a White Culture one because Paul Mooney was right. Then people started making random X Culture ones in response too because Paul Mooney was right. Then they merged all into the People With Skin OT. Then locked it up because Paul Mooney was right.

I still remember the name of the guy who made that thread too. But whatever, he doesn't even post anymore

It kills me that you have phrase the title of a thread just right because that is all 77% of them will read.

That is also why I don't highlight articles. You are on Gaf, you got time to read a couple of paragraphs.

i only read the op if there's 4 sentences highlighted or less. i speedrun thru the ot.

Top Bottom