• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Kreed

I still remember the name of the guy who made that thread too. But whatever, he doesn't even post anymore

He got the threads closed and bounced? Dude's probably a Stormfront gold member now.

I'd probably get banned trying to revive that thread huh?

I've never related much to the culture anyway, but it's the principle of the matter. Whats this 'skin' stuff you guys are refering to?

I doubt there would be an issue recreating it considering it would be in the GAF Unwanted Community section now.

FyreWulff

I don't really mind the bolded unless there's something wrong with the pictures. I mean anyone who has facebook(or pretty much any other popular social site) pretty much sets themselves up for this anyway.

Yeah that's the weird thing about me I guess. There isn't anything wrong with the picture (example: there's a picture of me sitting with a bunch of other GAFfers at PAX at a dinner table) and I wish I could take a time machine back and excuse myself and move out of frame before they took it.

I am out of frame at all the other PAX get togethers and that's the way I likes it

Since everyone ignored my "work wife" question earlier, does anyone work with crazy people?

I swear these past few days have been a rollercoaster.

I worked in a library once. NEVER AGAIN.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Since everyone ignored my "work wife" question earlier, does anyone work with crazy people?

Not long term but when I worked for the census in 2010 a pregnant woman was smoking weed and starting fights. Also at a library job I had that same summer a dude use to spend hours bragging that his GF was a dub voice actor on pokemon. This in turn drove me to be the crazy co-worker after I told him to stfu.

I posted about the crazy women I work with a few time in the NBA thread, but it feels more appropiate to post it here.

8 days out of 10 she's alright and we can have a decent conversation (mostly about her).....but some days she goes off.

Our old employer was purchased and relocated half the office to a building 20 miles east of our old building or 20 miles west. I thought I lucked out and had got away from her. But she was placed two floors above me. Still I thought, she'll get to know them and go apeshit on whoever befriends her up there.

So the first day back 20 mins after clocking in she was knocking on our suite door. She said hi and asked me to show her where our other old coworkers were at. At this point we're alone in the hallway and she says she's freaking out up there, its small and her anxiety is going into overdrive. She then holds my arm the remaining walk down the hall. I'm thinking to myslef, "great, this is how office rumors start." but I don't want to push her away and have her breakdown in the hall.

Fast forward to today. She called me up and says how she hates everything about the office she's in and may be slightly depressed. She's really dramatic so I figure she's joking and at the end of the call tell her she really brought down my day. She flips out and promises never to come down to my suite or call me again. Itd be a sweet deal if she ever planned to actually stick to these threats. This probably the 4th time she has blown up and claim that she was never speaking to me again.

Slayven

• Nutty, often smelly patrons
  • Undersexed librarians
  • Oversexed librarians
  • old librarians that won't retire
  • Librarians that have power trips
  • Homeless dudes needing a place to shit
Tell us more.
I posted about the crazy women I work with a few time in the NBA thread, but it feels more appropiate to post it here.

8 days out of 10 she's alright and we can have a decent conversation (mostly about her).....but some days she goes off.

Our old employer was purchased and relocated half the office to a building 20 miles east of our old building or 20 miles west. I thought I lucked out and had got away from her. But she was placed two floors above me. Still I thought, she'll get to know them and go apeshit on whoever befriends her up there.

So the first day back 20 mins after clocking in she was knocking on our suite door. She said hi and asked me to show her where our other old coworkers were at. At this point we're alone in the hallway and she says she's freaking out up there, its small and her anxiety is going into overdrive. She then holds my arm the remaining walk down the hall. I'm thinking to myslef, "great, this is how office rumors start." but I don't want to push her away and have her breakdown in the hall.

Fast forward to today. She called me up and says how she hates everything about the office she's in and may be slightly depressed. She's really dramatic so I figure she's joking and at the end of the call tell her she really brought down my day. She flips out and promises never to come down to my suite or call me again. Itd be a sweet deal if she ever planned to actually stick to these threats. This probably the 4th time she has blown up and claim that she was never speaking to me again.
So you basically got the worse part of being married with none of the benefits? Is she cue?

RedSwirl

• Undersexed librarians
  • Oversexed librarians

How the fuck does a librarian have a power trip? And what is it about libraries that makes all that shit worse than working anywhere else?

A.E Suggs

Depends when I work contruction i'm fine when I work at my factory job that's where all the drama is at. That drama has nothing to do with me though as i'm mainly on forklift duty and I rarely see the crazies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

If she's cute you know what they say about crazy women in bed... I'm just saying....

So you basically got the worse part of being married with none of the benefits? Is she cue?

Yup, I feel like I'm constantly taking heat for nothing, but her husband is a nice guy so I try to think of it as helping his beta ass out. She met some of my friends and they thought she was cute, years of crazy must have made her unattractive to me. Wouldn't matter anyway, I'm spoken for.

Slayven

Yup, I feel like I'm constantly taking heat for nothing, but her husband is a nice guy so I try to think of it as helping his beta ass out. She met some of my friends and they thought she was cute, years of crazy must have made her unattractive to me. Wouldn't matter anyway, I'm spoken for.

You are doing a good service. But you are right about work rumors. People love talking shit over the littlest things.

You are doing a good service. But you are right about work rumors. People love talking shit over the littlest things.

No kidding. I was actually on her floor 2 weeks before she got here and met everyone. They were all nice and welcoming.

The day she got here she called me to help her set up her PC and move some stuff around.

I got the saltiest looks from the female workers. Some serious "why is he being helpful towards THAT bitch."

I wanted to shout, "it isn't what it looks like, please believe me, please believe me!"

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
How the fuck does a librarian have a power trip? And what is it about libraries that makes all that shit worse than working anywhere else?

The power trips come from basically being in a higher position than others and abuse of power. Just like any other job with supervision.

Also, in some deal with the public more so than others. Public Libraries often catch 100% of this, basically because they're dealing with patrons that have shit attitudes, budget cuts, children who's parents have left them in there, pedophiles/assorted perverts, homeless dudes who are often crazy, robbers (seriously people rob libraries), couples who walk into the stacks and fuck, vandalism, bomb threats, you get the drift.

edit: don't get me started with the drama between librarians

Well they do say the crazy ones always have an A1 sex game. I had a friend mess with thid crazy chick and he couldnt leave her alone, he even admitted that her "fuck game" is serious. Long story short he claims she ended up putting roots on him and he had to go to a witch doctor to remove it, no fucking lie lol.

Slayven

No kidding. I was actually on her floor 2 weeks before she got here and met everyone. They were all nice and welcoming.

The day she got here she called me to help her set up her PC and move some stuff around.

I got the saltiest looks from the female workers. Some serious "why is he being helpful towards THAT bitch."

I wanted to shout, "it isn't what it looks like, please believe me, please believe me!"

In some ways work can be worse then high school with that kind of shit.

DominoKid

Well they do say the crazy ones always have an A1 sex game. I had a friend mess with thid crazy chick and he couldnt leave her alone, he even admitted that her "fuck game" is serious. Long story short he claims she ended up putting roots on him and he had to go to a witch doctor to remove it, no fucking lie lol.

roots are real and scary.

Wait, how does a library get crazy?

• Undersexed librarians
  • Oversexed librarians

Also, in some deal with the public more so than others. Public Libraries often catch 100% of this, basically because they're dealing with patrons that have shit attitudes, budget cuts, children who's parents have left them in there, pedophiles/assorted perverts, homeless dudes who are often crazy, robbers (seriously people rob libraries), couples who walk into the stacks and fuck, vandalism, bomb threats, you get the drift.

edit: don't get me started with the drama between librarians

O_O

And just like that, any desire I had to become a librarian vanished. That shit's crazy. Clerical work is a breeding ground for drama in general, but all that stuff is on another level.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
O_O

And just like that, any desire I had to become a librarian vanished. That shit's crazy. Clerical work is a breeding ground for drama in general, but all that stuff is on another level.

Not all public libraries are the same though, don't let me discourage you. It greatly depends on the city, in fact. There's always school, government (where I am), corporate, etc.

....Spelman College needs librarians, you know :)

G-Fex

The most recent example of "should I even post this shit" was today in that "how far have you gone for a game" thread, talking about how I pleasured a female GameStop employee so I could get Vanquish early.

1325575_o.gif

Worth it.

Of course you did.

Gattsu25

Banned
  • Undersexed librarians
  • Oversexed librarians
˟ˍ˟

When I was homeless I would read books in the library :|

I read through half of the Harry Potter books, all of H.P. Lovecraft's stories, a few Arthur C. Clarke stories, and reread the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series during those days.

Not all public libraries are the same though, don't let me discourage you. It greatly depends on the city, in fact. There's always school, government (where I am), corporate, etc.

....Spelman College needs librarians, you know :)

That's a good point, and I'll try to keep that in mind. I've been thinking about working in a library more often lately, but all that stuff you mentioned definitely isn't in the career guide, you know? I guess I just freaked out a little; there's so much stuff about my local library that makes sense now, to be honest.

Thanks for the pointers.

˟ˍ˟

When I was homeless I would read books in the library :|

I read through half of the Harry Potter books, all of H.P. Lovecraft's stories, a few Arthur C. Clarke stories, and reread the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series during those days.

Well damn, that's some selection. I've toyed with the idea of reading the Hitchhiker books myself, but I keep sleeping on it.

I'll be honest, I've ducked into a library strictly to relieve myself before. I'd never trash the place or abuse the privilege, though; besides, if anything happened and they saw me, I'd probably be banned or something.

FyreWulff

I didn't mind the homeless when I worked at the library. They were cool and kept to themselves.

It was the drunk bums that were a problem, but eventually they did something annoying enough to get banned from the library for a year so it wasn't that bad.

Gattsu25

Banned
Well damn, that's some selection. I've toyed with the idea of reading the Hitchhiker books myself, but I keep sleeping on it.

I'll be honest, I've ducked into a library strictly to relieve myself before. I'd never trash the place or abuse the privilege, though; besides, if anything happened and they saw me, I'd probably be banned or something.
Yeah, the H.P. Lovecraft books made the nights even more terrifying. I was addicted to reading those.

I'd recommend reading the Hitchhiker books. They have a constant charm about them and are really cleverly written.

Yeah, the H.P. Lovecraft books made the nights even more terrifying. I was addicted to reading those.

I'd recommend reading the Hitchhiker books. They have a constant charm about them and are really cleverly written.

I'll check them out later then, thanks for the recommendation.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
This is me with every single military related thread here. I want to argue with these people so bad. Can't convince an armchair though.
It irks me to no end.

People play CoD and watch a fee discovery channel documentaries and think they can lead a squad through fallujah.

Top Bottom