• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

The loss, real or imagined, is a good thing. People were getting too comfortable with the thought of an easy win, and that kind of thinking could lower the turnout of Obama voters.

SmokyDave

Smh at that NBA 2k13 midnight launch thread. That's all I can say.

Why isn't there a Vita version?!

I really want to buy it but I'm just not getting any console time lately. Vita version would be soooo fucking sweet.

(Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest and this seems like a safe place to do it).

Why do some find it so hard to acknowledge the obvious disadvantages facing minorities, specifically black people, in terms of profiling and sentencing.

Is it really so hard to recognize such a blantant thing? It seems like poor white or formerly poor white people feels it demeans their struggle or something, to be told they have an advantage over others.

Are you talking about the chair hanging after the RNC?

Someone, either a racist trying to be cute or just an ignorant Romney supporter, hung a chair from a tree. The chair was in refrence to Obama, after Clint Eastwood lectured an empty chair that was supposed to represent Obama.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
..im sorry, what?

Are you talking about the chair hanging after the RNC?

Someone, either a racist trying to be cute or just an ignorant Romney supporter, hung a chair from a tree. The chair was in refrence to Obama, after Clint Eastwood lectured an empty chair that was supposed to represent Obama.

http://www.loop21.com/politics/people-hanging-invisible-obama-eastwooding-chair

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rap...ot_offended_by_hang.html#incart_river_default

I guess this is just what's hot right now.

Lynching chairs.

Why not.

11657570-large.jpg

just updated

Slayven

Why do some find it so hard to acknowledge the obvious disadvantages facing minorities, specifically black people, in terms of profiling and sentencing.

Is it really so hard to recognize such a blantant thing? It seems like poor white or formerly poor white people feels it demeans their struggle or something, to be told they have an advantage over others.

Or they haven't seen it first hand it doesn't exist.

The inclusion of 'brown' is too....poopy.

Brown Thunder, Brown Dawn, Brown Rising, Brown Wave

I can get behind Operation Brown Lightning, just because the imagery is so stupid to me.

Nakazato

I had to turn down a TV show today due to my race, I was more worried about the rift between the crew and cast and didnt want to cause an issue. No matter how good i am at my job i didnt want to put others at risk......

cant really talk about the show. But Im 100% sure it will be very interesting.

BTW any Black Gaf in ATL ? Moving up there in the next month likely. And thing i should know or do ?

Some dude thought Timedog was South American of some sort today. Not that I knew exactly what he was when I first saw images of him but it's pretty funny to see people try to guess.

Onemic

Some dude thought Timedog was South American of some sort today. Not that I knew exactly what he was when I first saw images of him but it's pretty funny to see people try to guess.

I legit thought he was from saudi arabia or somewhere in the middle east when I first saw his pic.

I was looking through old pics today and I saw one of a school swimming trip when I was like 9 and I remembered how shocked all my white classmates were that the bottom of my feet were "white skinned" lol. I'm so glad I moved out of that small town.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I had to turn down a TV show today due to my race, I was more worried about the rift between the crew and cast and didnt want to cause an issue. No matter how good i am at my job i didnt want to put others at risk......

cant really talk about the show. But Im 100% sure it will be very interesting.

BTW any Black Gaf in ATL ? Moving up there in the next month likely. And thing i should know or do ?

Atl here. What part are you moving too?

Onemic

I was looking through old pics today and I saw one of a school swimming trip when I was like 9 and I remembered how shocked all my white classmates were that the bottom of my feet were "white skinned" lol. I'm so glad I moved out of that small town.

I've gotten that too from my friend that lives in butt fuck nowhere brighton. She was confused that my palms were the same colour as hers when we first met. I was just like, da fuck?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I have gotten that reaction once as a kid. Never really thought about before now.

cousins

The loss, real or imagined, is a good thing. People were getting too comfortable with the thought of an easy win, and that kind of thinking could lower the turnout of Obama voters.

Hopefully it gets Ohio early voting energized. Haven't seen anyone going in or out of the Obama spots lately.

Slayven

Finally closed the strict Gaf thread. That shit had turned into a meeting of the kids that told the sub where the teacher left the worksheets

Top Bottom