• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Onemic

Honestly, with the name and the random shit you guys seem to be putting on it, grits sound like they taste like shit.

Edot: so grits is just corn based porridge? Ya, that shit must be gross.

Mononofu

Fried fish + grits and sea salt = Heaven.

People who put sugar in grits probably put mayo in their brownies. It is a egregious sin.

Mononofu

I think at the end of the day we can all agree Jelly in Grits is fucking crazy

My mind was blown trying to think of reason why anyone would do such a thing until I consulted Google:

Grits+with+Jam.JPG

http://vegancrunk.blogspot.com/2012_07_01_archive.html

Jalapeno garlic grits and pepper jelly. Some how I'm okay with this.

I feel like unless you live in the South you might not know what grits are. I live in MD and even I've just heard about them (but never had them)

PlayDat

Never had grits before either. Had to do a google search just to find out how it even looks. It was never prepared in my family. Maybe that's a Jamaican thing.

Honestly, with the name and the random shit you guys seem to be putting on it, grits sound like they taste like shit.

Edot: so grits is just corn based porridge? Ya, that shit must be gross.

it's DELICIOUS

Fried fish + grits and sea salt = Heaven.

People who put sugar in grits probably put mayo in their brownies. It is a egregious sin.

mayo in brownies? ........ well, it does wonders with grilled cheese, so i may have to try that!

Kreed

Never had grits before either. Had to do a google search just to find out how it even looks. It was never prepared in my family. Maybe that's a Jamaican thing.

If you're from the Southern United States or your family has Southern roots you "should" know what grits are. Otherwise you get a pass.

But all these weird condiments being put on grits is another issue. I thought Grits and Ketchup was bad but Syrup and Jelly? Do you guys put this on your rice too?

I've been aware of grits since My Cousin Vinny, same goes for positraction.

I've never had a plate of it, I wonder if I could track down a good place for grits in so cal.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I've been aware of grits since My Cousin Vinny, same goes for positraction.

I've never had a plate of it, I wonder if I could track down a good place for grits in so cal.

grits are so easy to make. buy a box for like 4 bucks. boil water on stove. add grits into water. stir for awhile until desired consistency.

I like my really thick and with only butter.

Top Bottom