• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

I always thought Aladdin looked like Tom Cruise

59fe8b8c_walt-disney-alladin-tom-cruise_650x435.jpeg

Brown Tom Cruise

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think every minority girl "claimed" Jasmine from Aladdin in some way... there damn sure weren't too many options at the time.

And voiced by the whitest man to ever step foot on this earth

Dat Simba Effect

Clearly black actors for parents, Ferris Bueller for Adult Simba

and of course all the girls went for Jasmine, as she is the best-looking princess. Shoutouts to Mark Henn's ability to draw women with curves in all the right places who exude no hint of sensuality at all.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Dat Simba Effect

and of course all the girls went for Jasmine, as she is the best-looking princess. Shoutouts to Mark Henn's ability to draw women with curves in all the right places who exude no hint of sensuality at all.

simbas singing voice actor was black, but yeah, your point still stands.

is anyone else odded out that simba and prince hakeem have the same actors for parents?

Imm0rt4l

Dat Simba Effect

Yea, JTT for simba, his singing voice though was a different story.

Kimaka

I think every minority girl "claimed" Jasmine from Aladdin in some way... there damn sure weren't too many options at the time.

Jasmine had a sweet tiger but I liked Esmeralda better. She was independent, did magic tricks, and I thought she was black. Too bad she doesn't count as a Disney Princess.

I might skip the debate. I got nothing out of the last one.

At this point, I'm only in it for the theatrics and the gifs. I already know who I'm voting for.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I've used PD's approach to tipping a lot more than I should have.

I was out a few years back and one waitress had the audacity to tell me she wasn't seating me or my friends, because I didn't leave her a tip the last time I was there. I had never been to that establishment a day in my life, and was out celebrating. That type of shit kills the mood instantly, and no matter how ignorant it is, to many people reinforce the issue. I could probably ask anyone I know in food service, and they'd all probably have anecdotes that coincide with the studies posted.

One of the homies sorted the issue with the manager, in regards to that particular incident. Didn't have to deal with her either.

Some guy at the school library was throwing out Goodwill Hunting game.

He mentioned politics, talked about national security and the like. Some stuff he knew, probably listened to NPR on his way to school. When the girl asked follow up questions he pulled stuff out his ass.

Then as they walked away she mentioned she had to take econ next semester. "Oh yea, I've taken it. They just teach you about Wall Street, do you know how WallStreet works?"
"....no.."
"-smirk- ha"

I wanted to butt in but ...I felt if she falls for it she deserves it and he deserves a chance if she allows it.

I didnt see this posted in off topic.
http://www.wafb.com/story/19878005/woman-attacked-and-set-on-fire-kkk-painted-on-her-car
New details are emerging surrounding the critical injury of a Winnsboro woman set on fire in a city park on Sunday night.

Sharmeka Moffitt, 20, is in critical condition at LSU Medical Center in Shreveport. Her mother, Edna Moffitt, says surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. "Both of her arms, and they are third degree burns, down her chest and legs - one. Basically her arms are real bad." Edna Moffitt also confirms her daughter was not wearing an Obama t-shirt, as initial rumors on social media had indicated.

At a news conference held just before Noon Monday, authorities confirmed Moffitt called 911 around 8 p.m. Sunday from Civitan Park, telling them she had been attacked and burned by three men in white hoodies. Franklin Parish Sheriff Kevin Cobb confirms that "KKK" was spray-painted on the hood of her car, with a racial slur underneath.

At this point, police are not classifying the incident as a hate crime, but FBI agents are there assisting Louisiana State Police and local law enforcement, in addition to the State Fire Marshal's Office and the Franklin Parish Sheriff's Department.

Imm0rt4l

blackgaf, any of you guys outdoorsy types. I really wanna do some hiking, maybe even take up rock climbing. srs.

All i remember from Baby Boy is "daddy dick."

Also going to the Yay Area tomorrow to holla at my peoples.

I'm ashamed to say that in the many years I lived in California, I've never been there, was pretty much always in SoCal.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm ashamed to say that in the many years I lived in California, I've never been there, was pretty much always in SoCal.

The bay area is nice in the fall. Somethng about seeing the fog roll in from the coast at night up there is awesome. Oakland however is not awesome. Raised in south central la, and that place still freaked me out. Fuck mr cooper and his lying ass.

TD is gonna meet the folks. Boy am I ever glad I don't have racist parents. It would be horribly awkward if so.
Do they at least like pizza?
The bay area is nice in the fall. Somethng about seeing the fog roll in from the coast at night up there is awesome. Oakland however is not awesome. Raised in south central la, and that place still freaked me out. Fuck mr cooper and his lying ass.

It's because they put all the n****s on the other side of that bridge. CLICK CLICK.

All i remember from Baby Boy is "daddy dick."

Also going to the Yay Area tomorrow to holla at my peoples.

Your grandparents cool aswell?

My ex parents were ok but her grandma was not a fan. When I met her she didn't say shit, but I got reports on what she was saying when I wasn't there LOL.

Your grandparents cool aswell?

My ex parents were ok but her grandma was not a fan. When I met her she didn't say shit, but I got reports on what she was saying when I wasn't there LOL.

They're all dead but my grandma that lived till 2010 was the most tolerant old person I ever knew. No homophobia, no racism.

DominoKid

blackgaf, any of you guys outdoorsy types. I really wanna do some hiking, maybe even take up rock climbing. srs.

fuck no and everyone at school makes fun of me for it. fuckin weirdos.
im not sure how i ended up at school in the fucking wilderness.
i like the city.

Top Bottom