• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Mr.Fresh

Sometimes I wish I had access to a 360 again so I could play Halo with some of you guys. I'm fucking AWFUL though, so I just stick with the warthog and hope I run someone over.

Lol I hope I'm not horrible. I played reach online for like 10 mins so I basically have a clean slate with Halo multiplayer .

Check your PMs too.

I was pretty badass at Reach although i hated the fuck out of bloom.

Thanks. I'll add everyone when I get home from work. Don't know if I will even see anyone online because of my work hours (80hr weeks yay retail!).

I would be great at FPS if I gave a fuck. I'm a kamikaze player. Usually -2 in the k/d ratio but I have some epic games because of my balls to the wall antics where I kill EVERYTHING!

lol

reminds me of Chris Rock. he leaned into that shit

Also, one of my favorite strategies in the academic context is to sit back, say nothing, look thoughtful, and try not to smile as I drink in the awkwardness of everybody else

nah, you can dart your eyes over here all you want, not getting any help from over here.

Reminds me - my fav part of parties is when a song comes on and everyone's singing, then watching the white people freeze when the song says "nigga."

Every black person I know game exclusively on PS. I'm not a fan of the 360 controller myself. Feels weird in my hands. I remember that huge ass ogxbox controller too. Ugh

Mr.Fresh

Every black person I know game exclusively on PS. I'm not a fan of the 360 controller myself. Feels weird in my hands. I remember that huge ass ogxbox controller too. Ugh

Depends where I go. The city is mostly black and spanish people and majority own PS3. The suburbs which is mixed black Spanish and white (more white then both tho.), there's slightly a bit more one 360. That's my experiences in Jersey anyway.

Gattsu25

Banned
That was the best controller, though.

My Halo game took a noticeable hit when the controller type-s arrived.

Anyone participating in NaNoWriMo?

Nothing worse than the DS3 triggers. They are an insult to gamers everywhere.

I had a 60gig ps3 yellowlighted twice. Said I wasn't going to replace it until the one exclusive I wanted came out the last guardian, so yeah.........

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

PS3 for fighting games, sports games

Xbox360 for everything else

edit: i'll drop my gamertag and psn again later. gotta go to work

Pouring one out for Gaborn and my man Tdawg.

pour-some-beer-out-for-homies.jpg

I'll probably be in class or driving home when media outlets start declaring Obama the President.

Do any of you guys know if Stormfront has an app or mobile version of their forum. I don't want to miss a thing.

DominoKid

see thats weird. because i dont know anybody that has just a ps3.

most have just an xbox or they might have both. but never just a ps3.

shit i've known like 4 people ever (?) w/ a ps3.

the 360 controller would be perfect if it had the dualshock's dpad. it just feels so good in your hand. it's like the luxury car of videogame controllers.

Reminds me - my fav part of parties is when a song comes on and everyone's singing, then watching the white people freeze when the song says "nigga."

i told one of my white friends he could say it when we were listening to music. and then the next opportunity he said it, in normal flow, and then i fake whooped his ass in front of like 3 or 4 people. shit was hilarious.

Slayven

I'll probably be in class or driving home when media outlets start declaring Obama the President.

Do any of you guys know if Stormfront has an app or mobile version of their forum. I don't want to miss a thing.

Great minds think alike, I was going to use Stormfront and Chimpout as my go to election coverage.

harSon

Banned
Pouring one out for Gaborn and my man Tdawg.

pour-some-beer-out-for-homies.jpg

I stopped watching the show out of protest. I'm completely sick of film and television. They should have just changed the location away from Atlanta if they were going to whitewash it to the point of transforming it into Sweden. They had the balls to completely omit Tyreese from the show, one of the most important characters in the show, and attempted to throw us a fucking bone with T-Dawg's worthless token ass.

I'm seriously going to start a blog where I review old racist movies, and analyze the industry's current racist leanings.

Slayven

I stopped watching the show out of protest. I'm completely sick of film and television. They should have just changed the location away from Atlanta if they were going to whitewash it to the point of transforming it into Sweden. They had the balls to completely omit Tyreese from the show, one of the most important characters in the show, and attempted to throw us a fucking bone with T-Dawg's worthless token ass.

I'm seriously going to start a blog where I review old racist movies, and analyze the industry's current racist leanings.

I stopped watching because of that, I hate everybody on it except the minorities. They don't get enough lines or sccreen time to do and say such extremely dumb and inane shit. And it got boring

Even the zombies are like 80% white in Atlanta, it's really mind boggling since Atlanta is 54% black according to the 2010 census. I like to think all the minorities heard rumblings in the bushes and took off before shit got real.

I once thought it'd be cool if they somehow made their way to California but the producers would make southern california look like Asgard.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

once i realized who t dawg was supposed to replace, i dropped the series. if tyreese shows up in the future, i may give it a shot, but i dont think im missing much.

harSon

Banned
Even the zombies are like 80% white in Atlanta, it's really mind boggling since Atlanta is 54% black according to the 2010 census. I like to think all the minorities heard rumblings in the bushes and took off before shit got real.

I once thought it'd be cool if they somehow made their way to California but the producers would make southern california look like Asgard.

Asgard in Thor almost has as many black people as Atlanta in The Walking Dead. Technically speaking, in terms of percentages, there's a larger black demographic in Thor's Asgard than Atlanta's The Walking Dead. Just sayin'

once i realized who t dawg was supposed to replace, i dropped the series. if tyreese shows up in the future, i may give it a shot, but i dont think im missing much.

I don't expect them to bring back Morgan Jones either, which is disappointing considering Lennie James is a damn good actor.

And for those who haven't seen it, my boy (black) Steve McQueen stylin' on his white contemporaries: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRf_xcHCkI8

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Man, white people really perfected racism in the 30-50s.
Think about that the next time some politician says they want to make life simple again like it was in the '50s.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

I mean to be fair those white zombies would be thin if they did it any other way

Kreed

Like you said in the Walking Dead thread he went out like a magical negro, saving white wimmenz. I hope this get his actor some more roles, I really like dude. Time to see how they handle the new T-dog aka T-Lion

T-Lion already looks like he will have the same amount of lines as T-Dog, which means none. I can't believe they actually pulled the "black character horror movie death replacement card".
And what's worse, they replaced T-Dog with the most boring black character out of the three black prisoners they had to choose from.

BHZ Mayor

I've never watched the show, but is this T-Dog/T-Lion thing some kind of thinly veiled reference to Snoop Dogg?

Edit: just realized it's an inside joke in reference to that.

Slayven

I am going to write a zombie novel about a mid level black office drone that has to lead survival redheads through post apocalyptic Chicago. I will call it The Walking Red. Not only would they have to deal with zombies but mean mugging gun toting sistas.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I am going to write a zombie novel about a mid level black office drone that has to lead survival redheads through post apocalyptic Chicago. I will call it The Walking Red. Not only would they have to deal with zombies but mean mugging gun toting sistas.
Louis-Loves-Pills.jpg

SmokyDave

Argh, I just had a fucking awkward race-based moment. I was in the hospital with my good lady and we were leaving. We turned the corner to the lifts and there was one black guy getting into the empty lift. I was walking towards it without looking at the 'up/down' arrow, made eye contact with him and just as I was about to smile*, the missus said "come on, we'll take the stairs". She'd noticed the lift was about to go up and we were going down. Thing is, because of the way I'd been heading towards the lift it looked like we were swerving it just because of him and as we'd made eye contact, he shot me a quick 'fuck you' look. For some reason I kinda gave him a 'sorry' look that must have made it even worse. Just shit all round really.

*I always tend to make eye contact and smile at people in situations like that. Fuck knows why, I get it from my Dad.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Great minds think alike, I was going to use Stormfront and Chimpout as my go to election coverage.

i feel like i may have asked this before, but is chimpout a real thing? thats such a ridiculous title that it sounds like its from a parody site.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just qualified at Sharpshooter with my off-hand. Feel like a boss right now.

A.E Suggs

Argh, I just had a fucking awkward race-based moment. I was in the hospital with my good lady and we were leaving. We turned the corner to the lifts and there was one black guy getting into the empty lift. I was walking towards it without looking at the 'up/down' arrow, made eye contact with him and just as I was about to smile*, the missus said "come on, we'll take the stairs". She'd noticed the lift was about to go up and we were going down. Thing is, because of the way I'd been heading towards the lift it looked like we were swerving it just because of him and as we'd made eye contact, he shot me a quick 'fuck you' look. For some reason I kinda gave him a 'sorry' look that must have made it even worse. Just shit all round really.

*I always tend to make eye contact and smile at people in situations like that. Fuck knows why, I get it from my Dad.

Least you get something from your dad, I got nothing from my dad to my knowledge.

Top Bottom