• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

You know you wanna try it, give into the sweet temptation of a warm, sugary breakfast

500x1000px-LL-55552ff3_key_art_drop_squad.jpeg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That "is it right to make judgment of obese people" thread in the OT reminds me of back when I was being a good college student, active in student goverment...

and a female friend of mine was pretty much a shoe-in for class president. She had been holding all sorts of community programs, freshmen outreach events, etc. It was in the bag by a solid margin. Then came the mandatory speeches/debates. A freshmen (who must've obviously stayed off campus) in the front row asked her an easy question "What is one issue in the black community that you think you can tackle here at Johnson C. Smith University as well?"

"Well, I think that obesity is serious issue within the black community, and I believe tha-"
"OH NO THIS SKINNY BITCH DIDN'T"

and she lost the election

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Who needs Saturday morning cartoons when I can choke back laughter while eating my fruity pebbles @ the BCT?

GrimeyGrim: for someone who just got activated you're awful spiky. Relax.

Tried grits before at my cousin's house but didn't like. It's not the consistency cus I like oatmeal, so I think I just need to try different kind.

My PS3 is surreal_blue and I'll be getting Sony Smash Bros when it comes out. Currently have Dark Souls as my only lonely multiplayer game. Any suggestions to expand? I'm an RPG guy mostly.

Who needs Saturday morning cartoons when I can choke back laughter while eating my fruity pebbles @ the BCT?

Tried grits before at my cousin's house but didn't like. It's not the consistency cus I like oatmeal, so I think I just need to try different kind.

My PS3 is surreal_blue and I'll be getting Sony Smash Bros when it comes out. Currently have Dark Souls as my only lonely multiplayer game. Any suggestions to expand? I'm an RPG guy mostly.

Fruity Pebbles AND you're getting PSASBR?

SoAqS.jpg

harSon

Banned
I love the fact that you took my joke so seriously, then you go ahead and say what you said was a joke when you've spent a bunch of long posts detailing what you meant by it before, clearly making it not a joke. And if it was, you can't blame me for mistaken it for a serious post, cause from my lurking days until now all I've ever seen you post was race this and race that, never displaying a sense of humor at all.

Sorry, pseudo-intellectualism isn't a good excuse.

Jokes and exaggerations can have social implications behind them. The phrase "White Women Appreciation Thread" was the exaggerated aspect of my most, a sarcastic joke if you will. The meaning behind it, and the trend that prompted me to make it, however, exist outside that joke. I'm not exactly sure how an exaggerated/sarcastic joke, and a serious post are mutually exclusive, assuming they're both targetive of the same social implication.

i still remember on XBL, someone had their real name backwards as their gamertag... i thought it was obvious (even though i didn't actually know their real name) and for like a year, a group of us were playing the same games, then one day someone says the dude's real name and not the GT, and someone else is like "HOLY SHIT, YOUR GT IS YOUR NAME BACKWARDS!" and some of us already realized that a while before, but several people were stunned and i was like "really?"

Old Lace

i still remember on XBL, someone had their real name backwards as their gamertag... i thought it was obvious (even though i didn't actually know their real name) and for like a year, a group of us were playing the same games, then one day someone says the dude's real name and not the GT, and someone else is like "HOLY SHIT, YOUR GT IS YOUR NAME BACKWARDS!" and some of us already realized that a while before, but several people were stunned and i was like "really?"
I know there's some people out there who didn't understand MThanded's username.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I really hope you all are joking about not knowing it was one mic.

This is some probation level shit, yall on notice. BCT status can be lowered.

For numerous offenses you are now down to Charlie Black status. To regain your Beta status you must stop this sugar in your grits abomination.

Handing down demotions. Although for sugar in grits, that seems necessary.

Jokes and exaggerations can have social implications behind them. The phrase "White Women Appreciation Thread" was the exaggerated aspect of my most, a sarcastic joke if you will. The meaning behind it, and the trend that prompted me to make it, however, exist outside that joke. I'm not exactly sure how an exaggerated/sarcastic joke, and a serious post are mutually exclusive, assuming they're both targetive of the same social implication.

Not saying they can't. But making that sort of statement, when you could have just as easily posted beautiful black women to no complaints in that thread. Plus the fact that even if the majority of the women were white it's a hot women thread where people post their preferences. It just screams "reaching" to me to make it racial when it doesn't have to be.

Halfrican-Canadian person here, what are grits?

I was under the impression that it was porridge.. terribly made porridge..

'cuz Cream of wheat porridge is the way to do things.

Onemic

Halfrican-Canadian person here, what are grits?

I was under the impression that it was porridge.. terribly made porridge..

'cuz Cream of wheat porridge is the way to do things.

From what I gathered it's like some corn porridge or something. And then you put things that you wouldnt put in normal porridge in it.

Honestly just from the descriptions it sounds nasty as fuck. eat some oatmeal foos. Put sugar, cinnamon, and milk in that and call it a day.

DominoKid

That "is it right to make judgment of obese people" thread in the OT reminds me of back when I was being a good college student, active in student goverment...

and a female friend of mine was pretty much a shoe-in for class president. She had been holding all sorts of community programs, freshmen outreach events, etc. It was in the bag by a solid margin. Then came the mandatory speeches/debates. A freshmen (who must've obviously stayed off campus) in the front row asked her an easy question "What is one issue in the black community that you think you can tackle here at Johnson C. Smith University as well?"

"Well, I think that obesity is serious issue within the black community, and I believe tha-"

I blame Monique

Gorillaz

I blame Monique
I find it funny now that monique slimmed down(due to surgery or whatever) she no longer uses the "skinny bitch" jokes as much.

Also Im shamelessly getting sony smash brothers as well. The private beta wasn't too too bad anyway

I mean Grits is an OG struggle food, but chitlins is the ultimate struggle food. It was so bad for us we were eating pig intestines. I am not going back but you enjoy that shit with your horrible sugar grits, and gnaw on some pig feet while your at it.

Delta Black! You can keep going there are 22 more letters.

Top Bottom