• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Well fam I'm going to miss you guys when our thread disappears when E3 places gaf in limbo. I posted now because I work Sunday. peace & harmony my brothers

Does black gaf do tattoos? And what kinds do you guys have, if any? I don't have any.

I don't think I've ever seen someone with a tat and thought it looked nice. That's what keeps me from getting one. And never have I seen someone with a tat who would be less attractive without it.

smh at this..

Anyway, here is my tatt literally 2 secs after she finished, I have 3 ear piercings too!

257048_167423326654075_4813411_o.jpg

I disagree with Elba actually. Black actors don't get many roles because roles are almost exclusively written for white actors. I'd imagine Elba's role in Prometheus wasn't listed as race specific, and he beat out a host of white and black actors to get it; but that's not the norm.

You can tell quite easily when a role is written specially for a black actor. The dialogue is often urban or and it's the traditional funny black friend thing.

It's really a catch-22. Hollywood recognizes films with black mains (outside of Will, Denzel, Samuel) would not perform well. But because audiences are never given the option to watch films with new black actors, that Hollywood rule is never challenged.

There will never be a black Jeremy Renner, ie a guy who stars in a couple good movies and is then manufactured into a star (Avengers, Bourne, and a host of other action films) in this current Hollywood setting.

Kreed

I disagree with Elba actually. Black actors don't get many roles because roles are almost exclusively written for white actors. I'd imagine Elba's role in Prometheus wasn't listed as race specific, and he beat out a host of white and black actors to get it; but that's not the norm.

You can tell quite easily when a role is written specially for a black actor. The dialogue is often urban or and it's the traditional funny black friend thing.

It's really a catch-22. Hollywood recognizes films with black mains (outside of Will, Denzel, Samuel) would not perform well. But because audiences are never given the option to watch films with new black actors, that Hollywood rule is never challenged.

There will never be a black Jeremy Renner, ie a guy who stars in a couple good movies and is then manufactured into a star (Avengers, Bourne, and a host of other action films) in this current Hollywood setting.

Elba wasn't trying to say black actors don't have a difficult time getting roles, just that there should be more focus on black actors being successful so that younger black actors/aspiring black actors will want to achieve that success, vs focusing on the issues and how they will have a hard time achieving success.

That said I agree with the rest of your post.

Slayven

last year was the first year I really did E3 with Gaf and afterwards it was worth the stress. I mean the threads are impossible to follow and it ends up people just shouting to themselves.

Watching Four Brothers on TV. It's not very good, it's one of those things you watch when you're bored on a Sunday afternoon waiting for the Nintendo Direct to start. God DAMN that conclusion fist fight is stupid.

But Taraji P. Henson is a wonderful woman.

Top Bottom