• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Slayven

and fucking white girls. the movie that no one wanted. multiple dudes tried to push that stinker off on me.

I worked at a cable company when White Girls was making the PPV rounds, you would not be believe how many people ordered that. Personally Terry Crews is the shit in that.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Terrence and Rocsi announced that they're both leaving 106.

Said they've considered acting as a new career path.

ReiGun

I stopped watching the show when they took over. Just never found them very interesting as hosts, and I didn't like most of the songs getting rotation on the show around then.

DY_nasty

Rocsi can get it.

But I'm not so sure about her acting. And if you're willing to ask and look, you'll find plenty of dirt regarding her.

I still love her though. And her weird nose.

Really all I know about 106 and Park was that Rocsi was bad and Terrance J seemed pretty cool. I've only watched it like twice tho.

Onemic

I haven't watched BET in the last 8 years for me to give two shits about what Rocsi and Terrence(lol) are gonna be doing after 106. BET has not been a watchable channel for me since 04'

Slayven

I haven't watched BET in the last 8 years for me to give two shits about what Rocsi and Terrence(lol) are gonna be doing after 106. BET has not been a watchable channel for me since 04'

They are better in your eyes, I haven't watched them since Gary Ownens stopped hosting comicview.

I'M SORRY DY

Anthony-Davis-Kentucky8.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Rocsi can get it.

But I'm not so sure about her acting. And if you're willing to ask and look, you'll find plenty of dirt regarding her.

I still love her though. And her weird nose.

This reminds me that someone told me that Denzel smanged that. I kinda just disregarded it since I'm not a big 106 & Park....scratch that, BET fan anyways.

DY_nasty

This reminds me that someone told me that Denzel smanged that. I kinda just disregarded it since I'm not a big 106 & Park....scratch that, BET fan anyways.

There was a ton of shit circling her when she was just doing radio out in Chicago. It didn't just follow her to 106, it continued. Terrence... I just didn't like the guy. My mind was blown when I found out he was frat. Had to rethink life, go on a spiritual quest, etc.

I still like Rocsi a lot though.

I mean cmon

Imm0rt4l

There was a ton of shit circling her when she was just doing radio out in Chicago. It didn't just follow her to 106, it continued. Terrence... I just didn't like the guy. My mind was blown when I found out he was frat. Had to rethink life, go on a spiritual quest, etc.

I still like Rocsi a lot though.

I mean cmon

yea, no doubt she's bad.

As far as rumors go, where there's smoke there's usually fire....
and I bet she got that fire.

This is the entertainment biz though, so I guess that kinda shit happens regularly.

I hope my British BBC crush Sharon Carpenter aint on that type of shit though.

Onemic

Just read that thread and wow. So I guess killing newborn babies shouldn't be a crime now, you know since they're worth less to society than newborn dogs.

I originally had a list of things GAF wouldn't defend, it's like...3 things. I think child-killing was one of them.

I guess not

yup. I don't know what's left.

I swear GAF is the only place I've heard or read stuff like that. Or stuff like "I hate humanity" I mean really I love my life and other people.

BHZ Mayor

Are these posts talking about the thread about the mother who killed her baby and ate some of the brain?

Edit: Nevermind. Saw the thread being referred to. Wow @ these posts.

I don't think the scenarios are comparable at all.

I would say that if she attempted that and survived but the baby didn't then she should be charged with its death but not for the attempted suicide.

I still don't know if I consider newborns as "humans" since they lack many of the qualities that I associate with humanity, but birth is probably the best marker for those sorts of laws.

Then I suppose by the standards that society sets, she should be charged with a crime of some sort.

I say of "some sort" because my personal moral belief system dictates that an infant is simply of "lesser value" to society and therefore charging someone with "murder" for the killing of an infant strikes me as, well, overkill.

To me, a newborn infant has even less value than most newborn animals who exhibit far more intelligence and awareness than a human infant.

There are some truly sick people on this forum.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Does black gaf do tattoos? And what kinds do you guys have, if any? I don't have any.
I think I'd like to eventually get something on my upper forearm--something easily concealable. Something probably in Latin or Arabic.

'Hoc etiam transibit'

Gaf's hatred of kids does not surprise me.

Brb gonna jump out a window and accidentally land on a kitten. Hopefully the internets will be understanding.

Fantomex

Let me ask a question we have been discussing at the office. Is it correct to refer to someone describing them as "black" or should "African-American" be used? For example, oh yeah talk to James, he's the black gentleman in the corner office. Is it a matter of preference for the individual being referred to or is it something added on for extra political correctness?

Let me ask a question we have been discussing at the office. Is it correct to refer to someone describing them as "black" or should "African-American" be used? For example, oh yeah talk to James, he's the black gentleman in the corner office. Is it a matter of preference for the individual being referred to or is it something added on for extra political correctness?
is race important to the discussion?

Fantomex

It would not. Only as a description for easy reference. I've seen race being used for other fellow workers. "talk to Patrick, goatee, short, only white guy in that department" or "yeah, Maria brought the dessert, you know, the petite Mexican chick with the Cleopatra haircut".

It would not. Only as a description for easy reference. I've seen race being used for other fellow workers. "talk to Patrick, goatee, short, only white guy in that department" or "yeah, Maria brought the dessert, you know, the petite Mexican chick with the Cleopatra haircut".

dibs on maria's digits

Top Bottom