• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dark Souls is literally one of the best games I've played in years. Some can't handle the heat though.

ReiGun

I never trust GAF with games or TV. Breaking Bad and Dark Souls? Never again.

Breaking Bad is only watchable because of Bryan Cranston

15-50-Cent-SMH.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Charmed over BSG, that's how you roll......

There are some that will never back down though, take Avatar for example. We just had a thread talking about cinematic relevance and people were trying to argue that Avatar was some kind of paradigm of change or cultural revolution in cinema just because it broke the bank and all the sales records.

If that's all it takes well...Drake makes a lot of money too. I guess that mean he done changed the game as well.

Drake sure as seems to think so. I expected so much more from him.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Drake channeled the disappointment for sure. It's not as bad when you don't get hopes for something better first.

Also I see these opinions that are BAD but I don't let them affect me. I just think: different strokes. Just keep thinking different strokes.

Now the theme is stuck in my head.

Gary Coleman really got screwed.

Onemic

Passions was my shit. Lopez-Fitzgerald family >>>>

Passions is quite literally the worst television show in the history of TV itself. I think all the writers were high on coke when they made every episode.

Sheridan: I know what you did Louis.....

Louis: You do? *Oh shit Im fucked*

Sheridan: Yes, you went to the ice cream store and bought chocolate instead of cookies and cream.

Louis: ...ummm ya

*Facepalm*

Every motherfucking episode.

I rejoiced when that shit got its ass cancelled

Passions is quite literally the worst television show in the history of TV itself. I think all the writers were high on coke when they made every episode.

Sheridan: Yes, you went to the ice cream store and bought chocolate instead of cookies and cream.

*Facepalm*

i see you memorized episode 114 tho

lucillewinks.gif

DominoKid

*Facepalm*

yeah Passions was LOL bad.

the only soap i'll give a pass for watching is Young and the Restless.
and that's cause Victor Newman is a motherfucking BAWSE.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Speaking of good TV, if you sommbitches aren't watching Boardwalk Empire, I don't know what you are doing with your life.
I don't like it when one actor carries the show and I got that vibe from Buscemi but I've never actually watched an episode so I plan to give it a chance.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's on my backlog along with Breaking Bad no matter how much PTW and Supes try to convince me otherwise.

True story time: I pm'd dreams once asking what his username was in reference to thinking it was related to Weezy lyrics.

I can't believe we got some breaking bad haters in here White man being a bawse to unbelievable? I guess Walter gotta hand out turkeys like nino, or eat a big bowl of sugar grits.

Slayven

You know how there are magical negro movies and tropes? The Black Guy who tips turn me on to Impossible White Man movies. Movies where the main white guy does crazy shit and wins and never gets called on it

Die Hard, Commando, Steven Segal movies, Impossible White Man movies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
You know how there are magical negro movies and tropes? The Black Guy who tips turn me on to Impossible White Man movies. Movies where the main white guy does crazy shit and wins and never gets called on it

i guess breaking bad too. Cause Walt should of been dead but keeps surviving while surrounded by sociopaths and professional killers.....

Also the difference between the impossible white man and the magic negro is the magic negro is serving somebody else. blaxspolitation and more recently Blade are example the impossible black man movie or to paraphrase Denze Washington the negro you can't kill.

Kreed

This isn't really a white exclusive trope vs the "magical negro" trope IMO. This is a one man action hero trope. Example, every action film with an Asian male actor as the star "is" this trope.

That said, Jack Bauer > All.

LowerLevel

You mugz got me, wtf is a Passions? Is it really a soap I just read about on wiki? Seriously??? Sorry, but fuck soap operas! Ugh! That shit belongs with baseball and golf for common cures for insomnia.

What?

And Dark Souls is the shit.

ReiGun

My grandma used to watch soap operas all day and would let us youngins have the TV till they were done. Passions was the only one I could stand. Basically just cause it had magic and shit. The witch and her doll kid were the best.

Old Lace

My grandma used to watch soap operas all day and would let us youngins have the TV till they were done. Passions was the only one I could stand. Basically just cause it had magic and shit. The witch and her doll kid were the best.
My grandmother watched: All My Children, Another World, Guiding Light, and Young & the Restless. Four in a row!

ReiGun

I'm just adjusting to the appropriate level of struggle introduced by playstation vitas, big bang theory and seinfeld hate.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2| - The Struggle is Real

My grandmother watched: All My Children, Another World, Guiding Light, and Young & the Restless. Four in a row!

Same here if you switch those last two for Bold and the Beautiful and Passions. Though, I think she only stuck with the latter cause she knew me and my sister liked it.

Parallax

The next OT is going to be all about self-hate

goddamn we fell so far

thats how the black community plays out. freedom, then struggle, then resurgence, and some ass brings sugar grits into the mix and we start tearing each other apart.

Parallax

seriously, what the hell is passions? my grandma used to watch westerns instead of daytime soaps.

Top Bottom