• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

seriously, what the hell is passions? my grandma used to watch westerns instead of daytime soaps.

It was a Soap Opera that went hard. Unlike these other soaps that tried to maintain some level of dignity, Passions was full of the most ridiculous tropes ALL THE TIME. I respect that level of crazy.

A very shitty soap opera. It takes all the steretypes of soap operas to the absolute extreme. Its pacing is also quite literally Dragonball Z like.

Fuck Dragonball Z...... So much filler bullshit.......

I just wanted to see fighting..... I didn't want to hear Goku and Piccolo talk about nothing for 30 minutes.

Just punch someone in the face........

Onemic

Fuck Dragonball Z...... So much filler bullshit.......

I just wanted to see fighting..... I didn't want to hear Goku and Piccolo talk about nothing for 30 minutes.

Just punch someone in the face........

I was all about the original Dragonball. No dumb as fuck pacing and everything was more or less straight to the point.

They only showed one season in NA though, before they stopped and switched to DBZ instead. I still have to watch the rest of that series.

ReiGun

Toonami aired the complete series of DB years later. It was so weird seeing Krillin and Yamcha being useful and competent fighters.

DBZ releases were ridiculous. On a station here, YTV, they would go play 30 episodes daily, then restart the whole series from the beginning and go for like 45 episodes, then restart and go 55 episodes, etc. The sad thing was we all tried to justify it by saying "they need time to draw more episodes!" Then we found out the series had finished airing in Japan years ago.

I don't know how many fuckin times I watched that first episode with Raditz.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Toonami aired the complete series of DB years later. It was so weird seeing Krillin and Yamcha being useful and competent fighters.

i wish it was the original dub. i had the option of dragonball or wmac masters saturday mornings and took dragonball everytime

DBZ releases were ridiculous. On a station here, YTV, they would go play 30 episodes daily, then restart the whole series from the beginning and go for like 45 episodes, then restart and go 55 episodes, etc. The sad thing was we all tried to justify it by saying "they need time to draw more episodes!" Then we found out the series had finished airing in Japan years ago.

I don't know how many fuckin times I watched that first episode with Raditz.

it was the same here. when goku finally touched ground on namek for them to reboot the series was the ultimate cocktease

A very shitty soap opera. It takes all the stereotypes of soap operas to the absolute extreme. Its pacing is also quite literally Dragonball Z like.

seriously how you guys even know this is beyond me... i was unemployed for almost a year and pretty much stuck exclusively to Maury, "he swears it's not his child and i know he's cheating give him a lie detector and paternity test"

My man Maury. always up on his handshakes.

Confession time.

Dragonball bores me to tears.

never understood Dragonball either. my cousin had jeans with dragonball z patches on them. he wore them in public.

my jeans are all happily patch free. speaking of which...what jeans are we black folks wearing nowadays. i'm about to move out of these big jeans and into regular sizes and i need to know. here's my history since high school

levi
silvertab
tommy hilfiger
calvin klein
levi
american eagle
calvin klein

i need to lose weight and move back to levi's in different colors. maybe some charcoal black 501's and a bunch of other different colors

it's my goal in 2013 to become some sort of style conscious metro douchebag. i need to have like 30 different pieces of each type of clothing so i go from recycling once a week to once a month

Onemic

Confession time.

Dragonball bores me to tears.

Heathen!

If you're talking about DBZ and not DB you get a pass.

seriously how you guys even know this is beyond me... i was unemployed for almost a year and pretty much stuck exclusively to Maury, "he swears it's not his child and i know he's cheating give him a lie detector and paternity test"

My man Maury. always up on his handshakes.

My mom watched that shit all the time and this was when we only had one TV in the house, so I was pretty much forced to watch it until it was done so I could use the TV. The only decent soap operas on TV is Young and the Restless

I was all about the original Dragonball. No dumb as fuck pacing and everything was more or less straight to the point.

They only showed one season in NA though, before they stopped and switched to DBZ instead. I still have to watch the rest of that series.

Holy shit that sounds amazing......

Too bad they didn't stick with that formula.....

I had to skip so many episodes just to make it to the good stuff in DBZ

DBZ was impossible to follow as a kid, it seemed to be on randomly and each time slot apparently ran through different parts of the show so I really had no idea what was going on. One ep Goku or whatever would be in space and the next he's in heaven or some shit.
it's my goal in 2013 to become some sort of style conscious metro douchebag.
We have a thread for that.

Onemic

Holy shit that sounds amazing......

Too bad they didn't stick with that formula.....

I had to skip so many episodes just to make it to the good stuff in DBZ

The tradeoff to the show was that Goku and everyone else are kids and as such, you're not gonna see as much over the top fighting and beams shooting everywhere. Its more like GT with an emphasis on adventure, but with a better story.

...what happened here?

Sugar Grits and Passions are cut from the same Struggle Clothes as God Hand, Bayonetta, and Vanquish.

If they vanished tomorrow, we'd be better for it.

I love God Hand as much as the next rational person, but I won't deny that the game had flaws.

I won't tolerate this slander, however.

Slander is spoken. In print it's libel.

284px-J_Jonah_Jameson.jpg

ReiGun

...what happened here?

Sugar Grits and Passions are cut from the same Struggle Clothes as God Hand, Bayonetta, and Vanquish.

See, it's shit like this that's gonna tear this community apart. Cause I refuse to stand alongside this fuckery.

Coming at Bayo? That's that shit I don't like.

Kreed

...what happened here?

I see we've gone down the path of seeing who can out troll who. It's all going to turn into a KFC vs Popeyes debate anyway.

T-lion does have a suspicious lack of lines and character development since his introduction.

I do not have high hopes for that dude.

And sadly he already has had more lines than T-Dawg excluding the episode T-Dawg died in.

...what happened here?

Ok

I can accept the sugary grits. We all have our flaws.

I can deal with the TV show love and hate. I can. Really, I can.

I can even understand somebody not liking God Hand. It's a pretty damn flawed video game that just so happens to be made by a brilliant development team. But I get it.

But when you step to Bayonetta....that's it. I'm drawing the line in the sand on you mothafuckas.

No more.

This hearsay will not be tolerated from here on out.

Onemic

Ok I just checked out that anime Tengen Toppa that black gaf says is the anime of the forever......Am I being trolled right now?

Top Bottom