• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Ok I just checked out that anime Tengen Toppa that black gaf says is the anime of the forever......Am I being trolled right now?

Its hype as fuck.

Not going to say its the best anime ever... but its like G Gundam on crack with Kendrick Lamar playing in the background.

I remember when I googled TTGL for the first time and saw a bunch a cute ass Yoko pictures and I was like, "what in the shit"

then I watched it and Kamina pulled out his big ass manly sword and then they drilled the drilled that pierced the heavens, and I was like "holy mother of god if I saw this as a 12-year old it would have been my personal Jesus"

DY_nasty

I remember when I googled TTGL for the first time and saw a bunch a cute ass Yoko pictures and I was like, "what in the shit"

then I watched it and Kamina pulled out his big ass manly sword and then they drilled the drilled that pierced the heavens, and I was like "holy mother of god if I saw this as a 12-year old it would have been my personal Jesus"

My mind would've been destroyed if I had seen at when I was in middle school.

Holy fuck I can't even imagine...

DY_nasty

Also, I'm watching Soul Eater right now... this shit is swag if nothing else.
I probably would have been straight up otaku status, dedicated my life to the great nippon

I watched TTGL and YYH right before I got off the train to basic training.

I didn't even feel pain the first two weeks.

Uproar about Bayo.

Truth hurts. Combat-wise, I don't think anything is better than DMC 3:SE and NG:B. I wanted to enjoy it a lot more than I did, shit hurt my feelings because I wanted it to be good.

God Hand had its moments...and then it had the other shit.

Vanquish? No need to even go there. Nowhere near the TPS this generation. I put this on the same level as Binary Domain, and I wanted that shit to rock too.

RE6 was just the latest in a long line of games I wanted to be better, but weren't.

ReiGun

WELL I GUESS I'LL BE SLITTING MY WRISTS AGAIN

thanks jerk :|

IDK what you're talking about.

casshern19_71.jpg

Just a happy love story...

We are free
Like water flows
We are one
As we feel the love

DY_nasty

da fuck is Casshern?

Your first mistake was watching Inuyasha. I remember I dropped it after the first season for Naruto.

Casshern Sins aka Ultimate Feels Mixtape Vol III

I have no sympathy for anyone who watches Inuyasha. I hope they all get uppercutted by a busdriver.

Imm0rt4l

Berserk is the true anime of the forever. Aint nothing touching that. Not even Cowboy Bebop
I'm a huge berserk fan but Bebop shits on Berserk from a great height. Thats me being objective even though Guts is my favorite tragic hero of all time. Berserks manga on the other hand is unfuckwithable. The manga is fucking GODLIKE.

That said, most anime aint worth my time

A touching tale about a man who fathers a child and then sticks around
lmfao

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
The man who hails from the country that created Corner Gas can not talk.
What's worse - creating Corner Gas and getting DAT PAPUH, or being the trick-ass buster who watches it of their own volition? Because you know Canadians have been making bank off America's entertainment tastes for years.

sIcaT.gif

"Paid in full, bitch!"

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
What's worse - creating Corner Gas and getting DAT PAPUH, or being the trick-ass buster who watches it of their own volition? Because you know Canadians have been making bank off America's entertainment tastes for years.

sIcaT.gif

"Paid in full, bitch!"

Yo bish, you drinkin tonight?

Onemic

i watched the first 20 episodes of Naruto and quit cold turkey. sorry, already been thru that shit with DBZ.

Quit after the end of the first first major arc before everyone gets older and the title changed slightly. I read the manga too but didn't go that far into the second arc before quitting. Shit still had much better pacing than DBZ. In fact I don't think anything can really have worse pacing than that show. you would have to be intentionally trying to top it for that to happen.

DominoKid

naruto was the shit for a while. now its gone a bit off the deep end i think

Confession time.

Dragonball bores me to tears.

you have no soul.

naw. dbz is the single most enthralling piece of entertainment (tv/movie/music) i've ever seen/experienced. i'd say from about 5-13 i dbz was my life. even still if i see dbz on tv, i stop whatever im doing and watch it.

i imagine transformers was like that for 80s kids.

ReiGun

Quit after the end of the first first major arc before everyone gets older and the title changed slightly. I read the manga too but didn't go that far into the second arc before quitting. Shit still had much better pacing than DBZ. In fact I don't think anything can really have worse pacing than that show. you would have to be intentionally trying to top it for that to happen.

You haven't seen Bleach, then.

naruto was the shit for a while. now its gone a bit off the deep end i think

you have no soul.

naw. dbz is the single most enthralling piece of entertainment (tv/movie/music) i've ever seen/experienced. i'd say from about 5-13 i dbz was my life. even still if i see dbz on tv, i stop whatever im doing and watch it.

i imagine transformers was like that for 80s kids.

Straight up, there's a lot better out there than dbz. I still have love for the original Mobile Suit Gundam and og Fist of the North Star, that was my intro to anime.

Top Bottom