• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
486312_501499993203752_192227156_n.png

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
that reminds me.

How did no one know who Green Arrow was? That mustache and goatee is unmistakable.
Don't get me started. I was watching the CW show last night and it drives me up the wall.

ALL HE'S WEARING IS A FRIGGIN HOODIE

ridiculous

So now I'm interested in the idea of communal support.
I've seen black business owners help out immigrants from their own country or within their community in a similar way to what Chi posted, with varying degrees of success, mostly in the restaurant sector. But I've never really heard of anything like the ggeh before. Would any of you happen to know of something equivalent to the ggeh that's practiced by blacks in the US? I know that some of the older folks who migrate from the islands still practice 'partner', but that's usually just for bills, and it's almost strictly between friends and co-workers; it's definitely not community-oriented, at least not the way that Chi posited in his post. It would help to counteract some of the more blatant discriminatory practices, at least.

yeah, i remember back in the 90's my mom used to do SuSu/Partner hand with other caribbean peeps.

sounds cool but this is real life son...even if there was no rumor mill, i doubt a cape and cowl would keep us from figuring out who is playing batman under the mask...

imagine trying that shit with clark kent in real life. we would be like, c'mon clark you ain't foolin nobody.

Shit make the entire cast and sign a Non disclosure clause, it would take us the audience a while to figure out some unknown actor :)

Ke$ha is what happens when you try to clone Blake Lively and fail.

That kesha bitch looks like she's allergic to showers

Chi's post was very insightful.

I've heard of immigrants doing similar things but not to such a well organized extent. I've heard of giving housing in exchange for labor or a low level job for eventual payment or upfront payday.

If you could get a group of low income Americans into a system like Chi described, it could be successful. It feels like a well off person would be necessary for a initial investment though.

I would love the opportunity to put something like that together or just lend a hand in setting it up or operating it to some degree.

Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I got the impression that it would have to start with established business owners or philanthropists who could make the initial effort, and that it'd snowball from there. But it could probably work another way, too. It's something to think about, at least.

Don't get me started. I was watching the CW show last night and it drives me up the wall.

ALL HE'S WEARING IS A FRIGGIN HOODIE

ridiculous

Is the show any good other that that? I heard that Green Arrow was some super-rich playboy now, and I assumed that the TV show would be the same, so I skipped it. But if the show's actually worth watching, I'd watch it.

Shaundi is an underrated game chick. She ranks up there with Chie.

I really liked her in Saints Row 3, even if she was completely redesigned.

I think SR2 > SR3 overall, but I enjoyed the story and characters the most in SR3. And SR3 has the best mission when you bust up in the penthouse with "NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWAH"

DominoKid

Is the show any good other that that? I heard that Green Arrow was some super-rich playboy now, and I assumed that the TV show would be the same, so I skipped it. But if the show's actually worth watching, I'd watch it.

idk anything about Green Arrow really. im surprised they even made a show for a C-list hero. but the show is pretty good.
it reminds me a lot of the Nolan Batman but made for TV. its not as dark though.

Slayven

I really liked her in Saints Row 3, even if she was completely redesigned.

I think SR2 > SR3 overall, but I enjoyed the story and characters the most in SR3. And SR3 has the best mission when you bust up in the penthouse with "NO ONE MAN SHOULD HAVE ALL THAT POWAH"

I always felt they wanted her to hook up with the main character. I mean the main character shoots people because it is a Tuesday, but he doesn't want Shanudi out in the field?

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus

The only reason I watch it is because it's filmed in Vancouver and I like looking for friends/family in the credits as well as places around town.

The dialogue is classic CW-cheese but the action is very well done for a TV series.

FreeMufasa

Lol whenever I post in any thread I get this kid on my ass, regardless of the topic.

I'm still not sure if you actually are this incredibly handsome female magnet, or just an awesome troll.

Either way, props.

GAF's resident lothario, swoon.

Only a square person would come out with that.

Oh wait, you're that super cool lothario with gorgeous chicks sucking your ball sack all day long right?

It's happened about 4/5 times now lol.

Top Bottom