• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Slayven

Posters that follow you around are super creepy, almost as bad as those posters that call you out when you haven't even posted in the thread. AKA as being Devoed

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Posters that follow you around are super creepy, almost as bad as those posters that call you out when you haven't even posted in the thread. AKA as being Devoed

I fucking looooooool at that shit

after that trayvon and tipping threads, ppl were waiting for me to show up with preplanned arguments that sometimes didn't even apply to the fucking topic

"Well how do you feel about THIS. HMMM? WHAT SAY YOU NOW, MR. DY? HMMMMMM?"

ps3tN.gif

Forgive me

G-Fex

I saw a greeting card at my store today that caught my attention.

It was a card about something about brothers, like 'your brother does this this and he's a shoulder to lean on'

and the cartoon drawing on front was a young black guy.

Not sure if it was intentional or just me....

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

That's only happened to me once when someone thought I was biased against DC comics. Don't know what happened to that dude

Onemic

PSABR being 3gb will probably take up almost all my space lol. I think if I have enough room I'll transfer over FFVIII from my PS3. Have to finish that game! I've had it for 13 years now and the farthest I've ever gotten is the 4th disc.

idk anything about Green Arrow really. im surprised they even made a show for a C-list hero. but the show is pretty good.
it reminds me a lot of the Nolan Batman but made for TV. its not as dark though.

The only reason I watch it is because it's filmed in Vancouver and I like looking for friends/family in the credits as well as places around town.

The dialogue is classic CW-cheese but the action is very well done for a TV series.

Thanks for the replies. I like cheese and action, so I'm set either way. I'll watch an episode or two sometime.

I saw a greeting card at my store today that caught my attention.

It was a card about something about brothers, like 'your brother does this this and he's a shoulder to lean on'

and the cartoon drawing on front was a young black guy.

Not sure if it was intentional or just me....

It might be, but it's a pretty tame pun, so I'd say you got lucky. Some greeting cards have really bad punchlines, like weapons-grade bad.

G-Fex

PSABR being 3gb will probably take up almost all my space lol. I think if I have enough room I'll transfer over FFVIII from my PS3. Have to finish that game! I've had it for 13 years now and the farthest I've ever gotten is the 4th disc.

what's PSABR?

That reminds me, I kinda want to purchase FFVII and VIII from PSN store. I don't care at all about the stories ( i hate FF7's story) but I want to play for the gameplay, is that weird of me?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
what's PSABR?

That reminds me, I kinda want to purchase FFVII and VIII from PSN store. I don't care at all about the stories ( i hate FF7's story) but I want to play for the gameplay, is that weird of me?
PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale. Also it's a little weird but the materia system is fun and there are a lot of cool mechanics in min-maxing for FF7.

ReiGun

I don't think it's weird. I think I've only enjoyed two FF stories (4 and 12). Plus, I don't care much about game stories in general.

G-Fex

I don't think it's weird. I think I've only enjoyed two FF stories (4 and 12). Plus, I don't care much about game stories in general.

I remember playing though FFVI or 3, and I hated Locke so damn much, the guy was all lovey dovey and all over Lucca and then when the blonde chick shows up he's all over her, like he suddenly is undeniably in love with her.

I hate locke.

Imm0rt4l

Oh yeah, I should try that.

I beat FF7 three times (twice on PS1, and once on PC), but I still kinda want to playthrough it via stream live.

I haven't played through ff7 in a few years. I bought ff9 a few months back, but haven't really given it time. Haven't beaten that game in ages.

G-Fex

I never played through another FF after 7, I wanted to play through 8 though but the drawing sounded complicated.

I played some of X and HATED it

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I never played through another FF after 7, I wanted to play through 8 though but the drawing sounded complicated.

I still consider it the last good Final Fantasy. The story isn't any worse than FF7 and there are some very cool subplots imo....but the protagonist is undeniably awful. Still you should give it another chance because the music, gameplay and graphics are fucking awesome.

Imm0rt4l

I didn't like the drawing, it meant that I had to remember which monsters carried spells like ultima, and I'd have to go there every so often to horde those moves. The Junction system did seem overly complicated, but wasn't so bad iirc.

FF is dead to me, Japan fell off.

I still consider it the last good Final Fantasy. The story is trash and the protagonist is awful but the music, gameplay and graphics are fucking awesome.

agreed.

12 would have been great if only the characters were at least interesting and the story was a compelling one. Balthier and Fran>>>everybody in the cast.

won't bother with 13 or any of it's spinoffs

G-Fex

Yeah FF has seemed to jump it's own molboro.

I do want to get VIII though, that and I saw Spoony play through it.

I might give X another chance Jack. but X-2, no thanks.

Kreed

I had that happen to me around the time the 2008 election had finished. At the time there was a poster (who will remain nameless out of respect) who was upset over the results of the California election and the gay marriage being overturned, particularly the number of black people who supported it in California. I had to explain to the poster that black people voting for the ban didn't necessarily hate gay people, vs most black people being religious. After that, for a few weeks he would have responses directed at me before I could even show up or even read in any thread related to the subject.

akira28

When the two people next to him are like dropping their heads, trying not to react, and nudging him to offer support...

And it looks like it took every ounce of willpower he had to not break into tears at the end.

Top Bottom