• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I remember finding some crazy good shit on fucking Usenet back in the day, black author, wrote a txt about a hacker who used his hacking knowledge to tweak his friend's biotechnology project to create an 0-ring level reboot for the human body, basically allowing him to consciously rewrite the firmware of the body. He infects himself with this synthetic virus, and it's basically IronMan Extremis before Ellis wrote it. Gives himself increased intelligence, perfect body, creates a sexually transmitted version that cures all diseases, and basically starts creating a new race of enhanced human. This is when the secret government gets involved, apparently they've already done this and plan to shut him down, etc. He left it with an open ending, but it could easily be a blockbuster movie.
WAAAAAT

I must read this. Free GAF-gold upgrade if you can track down the Usenet post.

ReiGun

why bother handcuffing someone who can break the chains like wet tissue paper?

False sense of security.

"Yeah. Yeah. He's got the cuffs on. It's all cool as long as he has the cuffs on. Definitely won't shoot me with his eye lasers.

Yeah we cool, baby."

UuweX.gif

That no look slap is a thing of beauty

akira28

Yeah I am afraid his mind might be playing tricks on him but if not that would be god-like to read.

Yeah...it was. :\

Kinda bummed. Cory Doctorow wrote it instead.
0wnz0red - 2002

There was one I did want to add, black author, sci-fi detective noir set in future Atlanta, GA, which is run by gangsters who control the corrupt politicians who run the city. Or who control the supercomputer that now runs basically every system. And the protagonist is a bi-racial private dick with a few hack skills, gun, AI robot.

Slayven

I wonder about dudes that go hard in the first post.

"Kim Kardashian is a whore beast that whores!"

Damn dude did she cheat on you?

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
The AMC gods have spoken. Only one brother may occupy the main cast at one time. I wonder if it's like some sort of proximity thing. Like--if two black guys are in the same vicinity, one cancels the other out.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
They don't even try. Lol. Even with TWD's bleak ass narrative, that shit has gotten ridiculous.

Cutty must have put in that illuminati sacrifice.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Excuse me Sir, Italian-GAF is that way. Only Soul, Caribbean or Hood Struggle foods shall be posted in this thread.

Yeah, I think the pizza struggle did more damage than constant fried chicken attacks.

But speaking of fish, I could go for some sand dabs right about now. Or salmon croquettes..

Folks always seem legitimately surprised when actors from THE WIRE turn up on other shows. Conclusion: these folks think THE WIRE was real.

Can't wait for Omar the Badass Zombie to come out

eyyyyyyyy yooooooo

Folks always seem legitimately surprised when actors from THE WIRE turn up on other shows. Conclusion: these folks think THE WIRE was real.

Can't wait for Omar the Badass Zombie to come out

eyyyyyyyy yooooooo

Omar would have killed the governor and made love to that nerd scientist weeks ago.

Banking seems like a sales-fest nowadays.

The customer interaction side has become that, it's disgusting and they use people up.

You have to hit quotas every month and end up begging friends and family to open accounts. Once your network dries up, you get let go and they promote someone else with a whole new set of contacts, it's so obvious.

Operations side is mostly the same as ever but its dull as fuck and the old school ladder climbing is dead. You used to be able to find Vice Presidents who only had a highschool diplomas and decades of experience.

You're ultra fucked without at least a BA, MBA if you want tp go far in yawn-ville. Middle management for banking is high stress and meh pay.

About the Wire being real: some of those people really were about that life, so it does kind of blur the line.

Marlo's annoying ass female henchman got pinched last year for robbery, I think.

Imm0rt4l

About the Wire being real: some of those people really were about that life, so it does kind of blur the line.

Marlo's annoying ass female henchman got pinched last year for robbery, I think.

Yup.....Snoop was indeed bout dat life. you had a few of the actors on that show were legit actors from the UK like mcnulty, string, and carcetti. The bulk of the caracters were straight from the hood. I think Omar started off as a dancer in a Madonna video tho.

Slayven

The AMC gods have spoken. Only one brother may occupy the main cast at one time. I wonder if it's like some sort of proximity thing. Like--if two black guys are in the same vicinity, one cancels the other out.

It takes place in fucking ATL! And you hardly see any black zombies.

Snoop?
Yup.....Snoop was indeed bout dat life. you had a few of the actors on that show were legit actors from the UK like mcnulty, string, and carcetti. The bulk of the caracters were straight from the hood. I think Omar started off as a dancer in a Madonna video tho.
Yo,I gotta see this.

Top Bottom