• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

There is a much larger priority in the Jewish community, when it comes to preserving business, religion, and culture. I have yet to see the dedication they have in the black community. It doesn't even begin to exist on the same level that they have. One could criticize them for only "being out for self," whereas black folks care way to much about other people and image.

It doesn't sit well with me to shop at only black/urban stores, or go to black owned businesses, just because I have a particular skin tone. My family history consists of more than just black people. It doesn't help that it's a tad difficult to even find black owned whatever that applies to my likes and interests.

Mormons too.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
One of the variant covers for the new "New Avengers" series.

I just looked that roster up.... Marvel has won me back like 75% between this and a lot of these soft reboots. I just need them to fix their cosmic characters to be pre Thanos War good and i will be back on board 100%

DC is still mostly dead to me

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm not sure if its an overwhelming desire to not be racist in "retaliation" or its a will to put the past behind (even though it dismisses the current issues) that drives that decision for me...

I'll work on it though. See if I can't find some clothing stores that don't push urban all the time time next week.

Kreed

There is a much larger priority in the Jewish community, when it comes to preserving business, religion , and culture. I have yet to see the dedication they have in the black community. It doesn't even begin to exist on the same level that they have. One could criticize them for only "being out for self," whereas black folks care way to much about other people and image.

It doesn't sit well with me to shop at only black/urban stores, or go to black owned businesses, just because I have a particular skin tone. My family history consists of more than just black people. It doesn't help that it's a tad difficult to even find black owned whatever that applies to my likes and interests.

There's the key word in your post. If black people had a book telling them Africa was some magical sacred land and it's people were the chosen children of God you'd see similar behavior in the community to "preserve" the sacred people.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
and here we go

Susan Rice in 1986 book: Make white students learn black history

In a 1986 book by U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice, the future diplomat argued for the aggressive inclusion of a black history curriculum in American schools, claiming that its omission had “crippling effects” by “providing a child with no more than … a white interpretation of reality.”

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/29/s...e-students-learn-black-history/#ixzz2DpVYfgkj
The comments...I need to go ly dow before I get a headache.

Yes there are whites on the left but their ashamed of their race!
There are NO racist Conservatives. Just racist Liberals. Many are black, most are just guilty whites.

Republicans have always been about progress and liberality in thinking. Democrats, otoh, have always been about controlling people's lives, slavery, showing contempt for the common man by trying to buy him, condescension, and, in general, having little respect for natural rights.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Its amazing. Its like they really believe that republicans of old would even recognize the current guard of republicans. Damn

47% of those who voted..... Voted for Romney who would of likely robbed the country as he ran it into the ground.... So don't let republican stupidity amaze you.

abuC

My great uncle is a famous musician, had I played an instrument and followed in his path I could have met Esperanza Spalding.......I have failed in life.

ReiGun

My great uncle is a famous musician, had I played an instrument and followed in his path I could have met Esperanza Spalding.......I have failed in life.

I was gonna learn to play the trumpet as a kid. Forgot to turn in my permission slip.

Had I stayed on that musical path, I could be proposing to my baby Esperanza right now. :(

abuC

I was gonna learn to play the trumpet as a kid. Forgot to turn in my permission slip.

Had I stayed on that musical path, I could be proposing to my baby Esperanza right now. :(

I'm watching her live performance on Youtube right now, and you'd have to fight me to the death. I don't simp, however for her, I would make an exception.

I really could have met her, I think my old ass cousin who plays the trombone for a living met her (salty) because of my Uncle.

Slayven

I am working on the Blackgaf soundtrack, please add your suggestions.

Reigun- 2chainz-Birthday Song
Dy- Everclear-Father of Mine
Moris- Jazmine Sullivan-Bust Your Windows
Devo- Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles
HarSon- Public Enemy - Bring the Noise
Bish- Onyx ft. Biohazard - Judgement Night

Imm0rt4l

What. What.

tumblr_md30v9CSLo1r1mr1po1_500.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

No idea. :/

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Hall and oates needs to be on there in some capacity. she's gone, I can't go for that, private eyes, man eater, any one will do

LOL

ReiGun

Song has literally been stuck in my head for a week. This is eerie.

SmokyDave

Miles Davis - 'Round Midnight.

Stick it on the end as a 'lights on, everyone out' tune.

Kreed

The comments...I need to go ly dow before I get a headache.

I need a "comment blocker plugin" for my browser for my own safety/health.

That was a good discussion in the Poligaf thread too about history and what is generally covered in school (school history focusing on US/European history with very little black US history).

Top Bottom