• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Onemic

A B.A. in Simulation and Digital Entertainment. Basically video game design. I could probably get a job working as a game tester.

The "problem" is that over the past year, I've come to realize I don't really want to work in games. (I know. Kinda late to realize that. lol)

Im the opposite. Got an honours B.A. in Business and Society this summer and I wish I got a degree focused on gaming / digital entertainment.

ReiGun

What I really want to do is work as a writer/aritst or perhaps get a teaching job. I'm going to try and get a job at a game studio here in Maryland while building my portfolio. In the meantime, I'm probably going to look into doing some volunteer work or something so I'm not just sitting on my ass while I'm job hunting.

So I have a plan of sorts. I just kind of wish I had started putting it into motion a few months ago instead 1.5 weeks before graduation. But then again, I spent much of this year freaking out over what I want to do with my life. So hey.

We need minorities in the gaming biz. Bish and Jade can't do it all.

Aw man. Is this one of those "you have to carry the torch for the race things?" Man...

Slayven

What I really want to do is work as a writer/aritst or perhaps get a teaching job. I'm going to try and get a job at a game studio here in Maryland while building my portfolio. In the meantime, I'm probably going to look into doing some volunteer work or something so I'm not just sitting on my ass while I'm job hunting.

So I have a plan of sorts. I just kind of wish I had started putting it into motion a few months ago instead 1.5 before graduation. But then again, I spent much of this year freaking out over what I want to do with my life. So hey.

Aw man. Is this one of those "you have to carry the torch for the race things?" Man...
We need more black writers.

Congrats on the degree Rei. We need you in games (preferably Square) to put an end to all this craziness. Everyone must do their part man. FreeMufasa is taking care of the Asian pacific rims, HarSon is writing and DY is doing the Nasty. By any means necessary man.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm gonna get the rights to PartTimeWarrior's life story and make StruggleU, a minigame collection about cooking in the 1870s.

I've never heard of putting gravy on rice before.

WTF...you guys must not eat any Caribbean food. Curry goat gravy, oxtail gravy or brown stew chicken gravy is so good over the rice you don't even need the meat!
I'm gonna get the rights to PartTimeWarrior's life story and make StruggleU, a minigame collection about cooking in the 1870s.
lol

Whooty alert!
244419_o.gif

I think I might be breaking Xcom.

I have 6 regular soldiers in my squad: 2 snipers maxed with plasma rifles, 1 support maxed (dat triple medkits), and 3 assualts; 2 maxed 1 half way there.

I lost 4 nations but all others have satelites up and I have firestorms in every region with EPMs.

I have not even assualted the alien base yet which is like the first campaign mission...

Slayven

Congrats on the degree Rei. We need you in games (preferably Square) to put an end to all this craziness. Everyone must do their part man. FreeMufasa is taking care of the Asian pacific rims, HarSon is writing and DY is doing the Nasty. By any means necessary man.
You will always come back to that avi.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I think I might be breaking Xcom.

I have 6 regular soldiers in my squad: 2 snipers maxed with plasma rifles, 1 support maxed (dat triple medkits), and 3 assualts; 2 maxed 1 half way there.

I lost 4 nations but all others have satelites up and I have firestorms in every region with EPMs.

I have not even assualted the alien base yet which is like the first campaign mission...
play on classic

don't be a babby

G-Fex

Shit I forgot all about x-com and all the other games I got, and I just bought AC 2 and 3 today and rollercoaster tycoon.

And I still need to play through FF7, MGS series on stream.

Man, I've got a mega backlog of games.

Maybe I should give up broadcasting.

DY_nasty

Shit I forgot all about x-com and all the other games I got, and I just bought AC 2 and 3 today and rollercoaster tycoon.

And I still need to play through FF7, MGS series on stream.

Man, I've got a mega backlog of games.

Maybe I should give up broadcasting.

I'm done with AC games now tbh... I liked AC3 until the main character got introduced and the true pace of the game set in.

G-Fex

I'm done with AC games now tbh... I liked AC3 until the main character got introduced and the true pace of the game set in.

huh, bad huh?

Well I wanted to use this voucher we got today like a discount and I really didn't feel like getting blops 2 or halo 4 or anything and I wanted AC3. That and the other games still came out pricey.

DY_nasty

huh, bad huh?

Well I wanted to use this voucher we got today like a discount and I really didn't feel like getting blops 2 or halo 4 or anything and I wanted AC3. That and the other games still came out pricey.

Its not a bad game at all. But if you ever at any point got tired of the typical stuff that irritated people in 1 or 2, then 3 is going to kick you right in the sweet spot.

Plus the protag is one of the worst of all time.

G-Fex

Its not a bad game at all. But if you ever at any point got tired of the typical stuff that irritated people in 1 or 2, then 3 is going to kick you right in the sweet spot.

Plus the protag is one of the worst of all time.

First indian protagonist in a long time and he's terrible.

How ironic ._.

DY_nasty

I don't got time for that!

I wasn't even supposed to start this thing until the semester was over.

Still my GOTY even though I played on Normal first time through.

I kinda wish they'd put more pressure on the "pace" of the game to prevent situations like your own though. The doomsday clock is lol

Still my GOTY even though I played on Normal first time through.

I kinda wish they'd put more pressure on the "pace" of the game to prevent situations like your own though. The doomsday clock is lol

I thought at some point I'd be forced into that mission and I wanted to be as prepared as possible for it.

"Dude, attack that fucking base, stop dicking around! Why are you grinding?! What are we funding you for? Aliens fucker, ALIENS!"

DY_nasty

I thought at some point I'd be forced into that mission and I wanted to be as prepared as possible for it.

"Dude, attack that fucking base, stop dicking around! Why are you grinding?! What are we funding you for? Aliens fucker, ALIENS!"

Its exactly the opposite of what you expect. The clock only speeds up when you lose missions - not when you stall out because you like shooting sectoids and only sectoids.

Its exactly the opposite of what you expect. The clock only speeds up when you lose missions - not when you stall out because you like shooting sectoids and only sectoids.

Wow really? That's odd. And with the save and load trick, there aren't any real consequences.

I'm dying for a ridley scott's Alien or Jurassic Park mod. The fundamentals are so sound it could support tons of creative and interesting fictions.

DY_nasty

Wow really? That's odd. And with the save and load trick, there aren't any real consequences.

I'm dying for a ridley scott's Alien or Jurassic Park mod. The fundamentals are so sound it could support tons of creative and interesting fictions.

if you're reloading saves in xcom, youre just a bad person...

if you're reloading saves in xcom, youre just a bad person...

I'll admit to doing it, but only when glitches have cost me soldiers. Like if my sniper is side by side with another soldier and has to shoot over them in order to get a shot off but the shot hits my crouching soldier in the back instead....what the fuck.

And I wish the environment was more 'solid' no way should me or the enemy be able to kill eachother through trains or even walls sometimes.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I got to write/edit/and source an economic paper of the national export initiative while apologizing to this girl I've been talking to for the last week for ditching our study date (and being an asshole while doing it) to hangout yesterday with my boys.... and I have no idea if she'll accept my apology

pray for me black gaf...

Top Bottom