• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

I got to write/edit/and source an economic paper of the national export initiative while apologizing to this girl I've been talking to for the last week for ditching our study date (and being an asshole while doing it) to hangout yesterday with my boys.... and I have no idea if she'll accept my apology

pray for me black gaf...

Does she know you picked your friends over her?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Does she know you picked your friends over her?

yeah I told her it was because she didn't text me to tell me she was staying to study (even though i told her we should study) and completely ignored her when she said she had no service. I even made a jackass scene out of it.... I was completely oblivious to how much an asshole I was until an hour later when that non peer pressure part of my brain kicked in. Now I don't want to apologize through text/facebook cause that shits corny so I got to wait until we have class later. I like this girl too Its rare i like girls i usually just tolerate them to get some ass so I actually feel bad right now....

harSon

Banned
it is wrong that while watching that, i was yelling at him to close his damn refridgerator?

You're one of those people? My mom's constantly buggin' about the fridge being open. I'll be getting something out of the fridge, with the intention of returning it within 15 seconds, and she'll just snap. It's not like shit's going to get warm and go bad in 20 seconds. Doesn't makes sense to get juice, close the door, poor the juice, and then open the door again. She's the same way with cup boards...

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
You're one of those people? My mom's constantly buggin' about the fridge being open. I'll be getting something out of the fridge, with the intention of returning it within 15 seconds, and she'll just snap. It's not like shit's going to get warm and go bad in 20 seconds. Doesn't makes sense to get juice, close the door, poor the juice, and then open the door again. She's the same way with cup boards...

i cant help it. too many people i know just leave fridges open and forget about them. so i remind them to close them. as for cupboards, yeah they need to be closed. my cousin took a header into an open one, and since then, i dont fuck around.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I think it's a minor OCD thing. Like having the door open when the air conditioning is on or running the shower for more than 10 minutes max. Asses would get chewed out in my parent's house if people were careless about this.

Why do you hate the Earth, you monster.

FYI - finals time, so going to request a 2-week ban later tonight. No need to go through my many borderline posts to see which one tipped me over the edge.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Why do you hate the Earth, you monster.

FYI - finals time, so going to request a 2-week ban later tonight. No need to go through my many borderline posts to see which one tipped me over the edge.

good luck with finals man.

akira28

Like a nintendo game for adults, with a sweet soundtrack, lots of action, and "killing rhythm". Once you master a level, its like you're in a dance of death. So you'll be making decisions like this in 3 second intervals: Kick door in on gunman 1, throw your empty gun at gunman 2, pick up his shotgun, shoot gunman 3, shoot gunman 2, throw empty shotgun at gunman 1, and then bash his brains out on the door. And that's the entry room to the building where your mission is. So, just a bunch of that. I haven't gotten bored with it, because it's so simplistic and uncomplicated. Just unlocking weapons, power up masks, and dirty deeds done cheap.

Hotline Miami - Deep Cover

Like a nintendo game for adults, with a sweet soundtrack, lots of action, and "killing rhythm". Once you master a level, its like you're in a dance of death. So you'll be making decisions like this in 3 second intervals: Kick door in on gunman 1, throw your empty gun at gunman 2, pick up his shotgun, shoot gunman 3, shoot gunman 2, throw empty shotgun at gunman 1, and then bash his brains out on the door. And that's the entry room to the building where your mission is. So, just a bunch of that. I haven't gotten bored with it, because it's so simplistic and uncomplicated. Just unlocking weapons, power up masks, and dirty deeds done cheap.

Hotline Miami - Deep Cover

i would totally play that game but i don't have a gaming PC. next year things may be different...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Gaf overhyped the fuck out of Far Cry 3 holy shit...

put in 6 hours today and this is just comlete and utter mediocrity. if the game didn't say "far cry" in the title then it would be ignored with the quickness

DY_nasty

They overhype most games...

I wouldn't say that at all. GAF's "attention" is usually on par with what a game should be getting - good or bad.

Far Cry 3 isn't even worth talking about. It does nothing exceptionally well. Nothing at all.

DY_nasty

GAF also overhyped Far Cry 2

That experience kinda soured me on Far Cry, tbh

I was pretty much in the same corner. Far Cry 2 made me bitter. I wasn't even going to look at Far Cry until some gameplay vids popped up and people who didn't like FC2 started saying that FC3 had fixed the mistakes.

This game is drier than Assassin's Creed 3. I can't believe people think this is a game of the year candidate. Its not even challenging OR diverse in the challenges it throws at you. Enemy? Shank him. Animal? Bow. Plot? Mute. Co-op/Multiplayer? Cheese. All the talk about driving is just a joke too - its like driving the Mako in first person with your forehead on the windshield. Every draw or attraction that this game sits on is loaded with meh.

I don't even know how you'd improve this game other than giving the series to someone else.

akira28

i would totally play that game but i don't have a gaming PC. next year things may be different...

You could probably run this on a x386 running Windows ME. The graphics are nintendo style old school. You won't need a "gaming pc", per se.

I tried Far Cry and thankfully never had to buy it. It wasn't remarkable in the least. 'Lets go to the jungle and shoot badguys. Why? NFI. They have speedboats so I'm guessing drugs?' And then some werewolf shit got mixed in? I couldn't care.

Miami Hotline is like 5 bucks though. So it's not a AAA investment. It's a fun action game where each floor is like a puzzle of death and bullets. Or try a melee only run if you're quick enough.

Onemic

I played Far Cry 2 and was disappointed that it was pretty much brought over the repetitiveness found in AC1(2 and 3? never played them) to the Far Cry universe. I assumed that FC3 would be the same, but its getting crazy good reviews. Like one of the highest of all console games this year on metacritic. (of course that shit aint touching P4G though)

DY_nasty

I played Far Cry 2 and was disappointed that it was pretty much brought over the repetitiveness found in AC1(2 and 3? never played them) to the Far Cry universe. I assumed that FC3 would be the same, but its getting crazy good reviews. Like one of the highest of all console games this year on metacritic. (of course that shit aint touching P4G though)

I don't get it either

Its like they're not playing the same game at all. I can literally get a completely better experience in every aspect by playing Borderlands 2 OR 1.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Just less than a couple of days ago, I was set on pre-ordering FC3, but painful memories of those damn guard towers in FC2 just came rushing back. Feels bad man.

I'm sure they made improvements, but I get the same vibe from it as did the second one - wandering around a desert with a jammed gun ducking respawning jeeps. Maybe when it gets cheaper I'll check it out.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I still need to play Far Cry 2. The choice came up and it was either, play the game that has you acting like a faux Rambo, or play the game where you're the love child of the T-800 and the fucking Predator. Crysis 2 won out.

DY_nasty

Just less than a couple of days ago, I was set on pre-ordering FC3, but painful memories of those damn guard towers in FC2 just came rushing back. Feels bad man.

I'm sure they made improvements, but I get the same vibe from it as did the second one - wandering around a desert with a jammed gun ducking respawning jeeps. Maybe when it gets cheaper I'll check it out.

That's the thing - they actually did fix the things that most hated about FC2

but its still a heaping pile of mediocrity

I'm just glad I bought Dragon's Dogma today as well... if all else fails, I can always play XCOM some more. Then there's always Star Ocean 4 on mute too.

Onemic

That's the thing - they actually did fix the things that most hated about FC2

but its still a heaping pile of mediocrity

I'm just glad I bought Dragon's Dogma today as well... if all else fails, I can always play XCOM some more. Then there's always Star Ocean 4 on mute too.

Whats the deal with Dragons Dogma? That seems to be a game that GAF loves, but everyone else hates.

I really liked Dragon's Dogma. Don't leave the first 'city' immediately, you need to stay and complete everything there. The world is brutal if you're too low level. It's a bit of a slow burn too.
Never 'finished' it but that conversation can wait til you fight the dragon...

Mark of the Ninja is surprisingly fun. I didn't like either Shank game, but one is some real shit. When you hang upside from a chain and kill some fool with it some badass version of Spidey

oh my god

edit: what is this new tag of mine

I went driving in the "hood", something i haven't really done since i been out here in Indy. I saw about 5 Fish and Chicken places within a couple blocks of each other, had a Muslim brother try and talk to us and the red light, and when we saw we were headed to MLK Jr. street, we turned back around.

DY_nasty

Best combat in a WRPG, absolutely balls story that barely makes sense. My game of the year.

Speaking of "best combat in a WRPG" type advertisements...

Kingdoms of Amalur is the most soulless game I've played in a looooooong time. Everything about the game on a technical standpoint is solid. Combat, loot, leveling, progression, pace, quest organization and types - but holy fuck there is nothing in it. I can only think to compare it to a Tales game, but that's not fair because at least the Tales series believes in having its art done by someone who's not in a coma.

I went driving in the "hood", something i haven't really done since i been out here in Indy. I saw about 5 Fish and Chicken places within a couple blocks of each other, had a Muslim brother try and talk to us and the red light, and when we saw we were headed to MLK Jr. street, we turned back around.

Damn, I thought it was just my city's MLK street that was fucked up...

Top Bottom