• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah it was great but that price was insane, Comcast offered a plan that had everything Verizon had for half the price

I've never had to use Comcast, but I hear nonstop complaints about it.

My biggest complaint about Verizon has always been that they want their money exactly how they want their money and the fact that they're sometimes very inflexible - but they stick to their end of the deal and always have solid products if nothing else. "You pay extra to never have to deal with a headache - and we want it in cash" should be Verizon's motto.

I've never had to use Comcast, but I hear nonstop complaints about it.

My biggest complaint about Verizon has always been that they want their money exactly how they want their money and the fact that they're sometimes very inflexible - but they stick to their end of the deal and always have solid products if nothing else. "You pay extra to never have to deal with a headache - and we want it in cash" should be Verizon's motto.

What kind of complaints have you heard?

Nakazato

Rick Ross is a bitch canceled all his NC shows do to gang threats. Needs to just let freeway rick ross have his name back. Freeway would have done all the shows with ninjas with choppas in the back.

@slay your tag smh

DY_nasty

What kind of complaints have you heard?

Shitty customer service, in and out connectivity, issues between comcast and other services, those types of things
Rick Ross is a bitch canceled all his NC shows do to gang threats. Needs to just let freeway rick ross have his name back. Freeway would have done all the shows with ninjas with choppas in the back.

@slay your tag smh

NC is about that life. Step your hood game up, Georgia.

DominoKid

@slay your tag smh

i thought these niggas couldnt hold him back?

GDs everywhere putting pressure on him for using the Star of David on his mixtape cover because apparently nobody else (besides jews i guess) is allowed to use it.

maybe it's because im from here but i think its silly as hell that a gang in NORTH CAROLINA got rick ross pussy to come here. i didnt even know there were GDs in north carolina. i thought it was a joke to be real. i couldnt take it seriously same way i dont take a crip or a blood seriously. bunch of corner store thugs trying to coat-tail name recognition.

DY_nasty

i thought these niggas couldnt hold him back?

GDs everywhere putting pressure on him for using the Star of David on his mixtape cover because apparently nobody else (besides jews i guess) is allowed to use it.

maybe it's because im from here but i think its silly as hell that a gang in NORTH CAROLINA got rick ross pussy to come here. i didnt even know there were GDs in north carolina. i thought it was a joke to be real. i couldnt take it seriously same way i dont take a crip or a blood seriously. bunch of corner store thugs trying to coat-tail name recognition.

The thing about NC gangs is that they're twice as retarded as your typical ones.

They will get paid to go away, show up anyway, shoot the place up, lose the money, then play it all off like that's how it was supposed to go down.

DY_nasty

Also, I'm up to ep 39 in Soul Eater.

This is a great little show. #swag, feels, SYMBOLISM, words, Hype.

Yes. I am entertained.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I didn't get that about the GDs, when I was a kid and got offered to join them. The Star of David isn't even theirs to claim. lol. If the Jews didn't give a fuck about his antics, they shouldn't either. *sigh*

Oh well, tough talk will do that for you. I know Jeezy is somewhere loling.

RedSwirl

With the character creation thread happening on the gaming side, I think it's finally time for me to bring this up: do you always try to make black characters whenever you have to deal with a character creator in a game? I didn't even think it was worth trying in Dragon Age but I think I did a pretty decent job with Mass Effect.

uJT0T.jpg

eQ58x.jpg

Depends on the game. Definitely black guys in sports games, black guys in Rainbow Six/Ghost Recon, Black Shepard for ME

No black dude in Baldurs Gate or Skyrim though. Just didn't feel right...

DominoKid

With the character creation thread happening on the gaming side, I think it's finally time for me to bring this up: do you always try to make black characters whenever you have to deal with a character creator in a game? I didn't even think it was worth trying in Dragon Age but I think I did a pretty decent job with Mass Effect.

Nope.
I either make myself or the gooniest looking mofo possible.

Yes. Always.

As close to me as possible.

I make myself, but never too serious. Especially in FFNY. I had that Kid n Play hairdo with an upside down visor and a platinum lock as a neck chain. Couldn't tell me shit.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
With the character creation thread happening on the gaming side, I think it's finally time for me to bring this up: do you always try to make black characters whenever you have to deal with a character creator in a game?

Almost every time.

Well, for MMOs I'll make a black character for my main and then whatever I feel like at the moment for my alts.

Though I picked an Andorian in Star Trek Online.
His skin was DARK blue though, lol

Onemic

I do just because I like to think my character is me. Alts are whatever though.

G-Fex

I love making females in my create a character. I had a badass redhead in Saints Row 2, she was really something, a take no shit tough as nails lady. Classy too.

I think I'm going to stream Mass Effect 2, make a very attractive lady there too. And go for every alien male.

Man the worst creator systems was oblivion and Fallout.

Slayven

I love making females in my create a character. I had a badass redhead in Saints Row 2, she was really something, a take no shit tough as nails lady. Classy too.

I think I'm going to stream Mass Effect 2, make a very attractive lady there too. And go for every alien male.

Man the worst creator systems was oblivion and Fallout.

Playing as a chick is the only way to play Saints Row.

A.E Suggs

I never make my character look like me, I'm to good for the game for me to do that. I tend to always make my character wear things I can't wear in real life and I always make my character darker than I am.

^yep.

I never make my characters look like myself at all. I usually play female avatars.

I may do this every now and then depending on the game. I'd never do it for an MMO if I ever get a chance to play another.

Eidan

Yes, I always make a black character. Always.

Dragon Age was frustrating because I made a black human, and my entire family was white. No attempt was made at all to account for the skin tone chosen in the character creation.

G-Fex

looking up cosplay photos (cause it's what I do)

Man, I wish more black girls cosplayed. They can be so good at it.

Shabutaro

Also, I'm up to ep 39 in Soul Eater.

This is a great little show. #swag, feels, SYMBOLISM, words, Hype.

Yes. I am entertained.

Good choice, One of my favorite anime. It has a much needed splash of diversity in it too. A strong female lead and relevant black characters is a nice sight

Eidan

The only time I didn't make a black guy was in Dark Souls because the only black choice they had was this creepy ass smiling dude.

Yeah. I had to edit to have a right and proper scowl.

Dark Souls annoyed me because I spent a lot of time making a decent looking character, and I spent most of the game as a hollowed out husk.

Top Bottom