• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know some will hate me, but I'm trying to make a Lightning/Hope Main/Pawn in Dragon's Dogma right now :3

Shabutaro

When was the last time there was a black male lead character? All this talk of character creation has made me curious. I cant think of any off the top of my head.

Starhawk

Starhawk-first-screenshot-img3.jpg

Shabutaro

it's too bad the game didnt sell that well. Now you know this will be used as an excuse to never put a black character in a lead role again.

Unfortunatley is a sad trap we fall into. When we do well its exceptional, and when we fail its cause were black. I want to say america wouldn't have a problem playing with more black characters, but public lashback to minorities in media always proves me otherwise

Did you play the game? Was it pretty good?

FreeMufasa

Up to about 18 (in my self hatin phase) I'd always make a white character because anything else just looked odd in a game. After that, I recreate myself or as close as possible.

With the character creation thread happening on the gaming side, I think it's finally time for me to bring this up: do you always try to make black characters whenever you have to deal with a character creator in a game? I didn't even think it was worth trying in Dragon Age but I think I did a pretty decent job with Mass Effect.

ME pisses me off. Some reason it doesn't allow you to make a negro. Sure you can get close like yours redswirl but a negro is impossible. Amazing considering its a multi million selling AAA game and how much they boast about its creation features.

EDIT: I say negro instead of black because you can make someone with black skin, it just looks like a dark white person though. I just play with default Shepard and just ignore the creator.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
My beef was with trying to get a decent fade/Cesar in Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim...shit looked atrocious

Slayven

Was in Walmart and they had Wii Us 4 deep for each color. And about 7 tons of skylander shit. Those figures are expensive. Man I remember trying to get my mom to buy a 5 dollar turtle figure. Kids today have to have balls to ask for a 15 dollar one.

LowerLevel

I always play Redguard/Black Females in first playthroughs in Bethesda games. Or any character creation games. And as close to as dark as possible too unless it's dramatically too dark like a bad anime or some shit.

Man I can't wait for the next Fallout. Hope it's not too buggy...

Onemic

Unfortunatley is a sad trap we fall into. When we do well its exceptional, and when we fail its cause were black. I want to say america wouldn't have a problem playing with more black characters, but public lashback to minorities in media always proves me otherwise

Did you play the game? Was it pretty good?

Nope, I'm not much of a warhawk guy. I saw its demise coming from a mile away though. Like all underperforming titles there was massive hype upon announcement and a good 6 months before release, but once it was 1 to 2 months until its release everything went silent. No marketing, no nothing

Literally 3/4 Wicked Attraction eps so far are women with no fucking courage or self-esteem helping some dude who's a sexual sadist kidnap, rape and torture girls/women. The fuck is wrong with these broads.

Top Bottom