• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Those NES games had like 30 minutes of gameplay when you get even halfway-decent at them, so they had to make that shit really hard to get your money's worth. At least, that's my rationale.

Those NES games had like 30 minutes of gameplay when you get even halfway-decent at them, so they had to make that shit really hard to get your money's worth. At least, that's my rationale.

Close. It probably had more to do with games of that era being based on arcade games, which weren't really all that long, and were designed to eat quarters- not keep you entertained for a month. Some of them (Ghosts N Goblins comes to mind) are so brutally unfair they're nearly impossible to complete even with unlimited continues. Early arcade games (pac-man, donkey kong, defender and that ilk) didn't even have endings- you just kept going until the game got so cheap that OF COURSE you died.

So expectations re: gaming were totally different. If you managed to actually BEAT a game you were hot shit.

I know I felt like the fuckin BEST when I beat Strider back on the genesis. Every time you died, you were sent right back to the beginning of the section, so you HAD to learn, and you had lives so you were limited in your failures. I was a damn ninja master at that one, lol

Just scheduled an appointment with my barber to cut my hair at 1:30 in the morning

He's the only guy I trust with my head...but that late...fuck

I named all my XCOM soldiers after NeoGAF members. Not everybody made it out alive.

RIP Devo :(

You will be remembered for your efforts to rid the world of the alien invaders

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Don't hate me guys, but last night is the first time I listened to Kendrick Lamar's album.

I'm sorry.

hypernima

Banned
+1 for me today.
I was reading the B.I.G thread, it just feels so weird that he was my age when he died. It felt like he was atleast 30ish when I was younger.

SoilBreak

Banned
Don't hate me guys, but last night is the first time I listened to Kendrick Lamar's album.

I'm sorry.

snoop.png

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Don't know much about Kendrick Lamar, heard one of his songs and wasn't feeling it though. Although to be fair, outside of a handful of the current acts, rappers don't move me like they used to

Let's not get ridiculous. Dude is a small-time rapper.

Maybe it's different other places, but he's on the radio frequently in California. He was on the news for having a free show outside of Staples Center after a Laker game and having an album executively produced by Dr.Dre gets lots of people's attention out here.

Don't know much about Kendrick Lamar, heard one of his songs and wasn't feeling it though. Although to be fair, outside of a handful of the current acts, rappers don't move me like they used to

Give his album a chance best album, hip-hop or otherwise, this year.

zero_suit

Maybe it's different other places, but he's on the radio frequently in California. He was on the news for having a free show outside of Staples Center after a Laker game and having an album executively produced by Dr.Dre gets lots of people's attention out here.
Yeah, I'm in Michigan. I haven't heard any of his songs on the radio.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
But Black Twitter says he saved hip hop.

There's a black twitter? Is it like 90% thirst?

And I'm curious to the save hip hop thing. But then again, that seems to be said every time a new artists with a good to decent flow shows up. Like drake for instance

Slayven

There's a black twitter? Is it like 90% thirst?

And I'm curious to the save hip hop thing. But then again, that seems to be said every time a new artists with a good to decent flow shows up. Like drake for instance
Black Twitter is like that one black person the local news interviews when shit goes down.

But spread out.

Top Bottom