• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Kreed

I touched on this in a piece I wrote about Race and Hollywood. Pretty much all of the marquee black actors and actresses got their starts in Black films. People complain about Tyler Perry and other forms of Black movies, but his existence is necessary to guarantee the nurturing of future actors and perpetuation of current star's careers. People like Denzel Washington and Samuel L. Jackson made it big on the back of Spike Lee joints, and more recently, Zoe Saldana and Columbus Short got their starts in films like Drumline and Stomp the Yard. If these institutions didn't exist for black actors, then there'd probably be little no American black actors of note due to Hollywood's insistence on only casting well known black actors. They're willing to reek the benefits of said actors once they're established, but they're not willing to take the chance to build them up like they do for white actors.

And people should keep complaining about them because Tyler Perry movies/similar black films shouldn't be "stepping stones" for black actors to get into better films, they should be better films from the start.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So gf has a crazy idea we should go as a interracial couple next halloween the only on i could think of is powerman/luke cage and jessica jones

In a better world I would be able to say to you Blade and Jessica Biel ....

but Cloak & Dagger is an option or take a page out the young Justice cartoons and girl Aqualad and AquagirY

Zeus Molecules

ended up making a thread for it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503746

we'll see how it goes. I didn't bait any responses, so it may not be as entertaining as it could have been. :(

In real life as an undergrad I got into a debate in a criminal justice class with another black student about the central park jogger rape case i think from the 90's. Its the case where the term "wilding out" was used to categorize the teens as savages and they used extreme interrogation methods to force teens to "confess" to rape.

Anyhow I never wanted to punch someone so bad in their mouth over something in class as I did when he refused to admit the cops were at any fault. No matter what logic I tried he refuse to find fault with the procedure that got the kids arrested. We were cool before that class but after it I put him in the scum category. The Fucked up part is he himself eventually became a cop....

On my pphone what did she say?

in short, "fuck the DNA evidence that shows the only penetration done to the rape victim was done by a convicted rapist with 30+ convictions. fuck that, these black kids over here signed [forced] confessions (despite no evidence of their presence) so it must have been him. The convicted rapist probably just walked by the corpse and fucked it after the fact. That has to be it. We didn't make any mistakes convicting them."

In real life as an undergrad I got into a debate in a criminal justice class with another black student about the central park jogger rape case i think from the 90's. Its the case where the term "wilding out" was used to categorize the teens as savages and they used extreme interrogation methods to force teens to "confess" to rape.

Anyhow I never wanted to punch someone so bad in their mouth over something in class as I did when he refused to admit the cops were at any fault. No matter what logic I tried he refuse to find fault with the procedure that got the kids arrested. We were cool before that class but after it I put him in the scum category. The Fucked up part is he himself eventually became a cop....

Damn. Few things in life get me really heated. This sort of intellectual dishonesty and mental gymnastics count among them. I'll never understand the kind of pride and narcissism that will fuel a person into being okay with sending someone to prison for any length of time that shouldn't be there. Fucking with people's lives.

DominoKid

makes sense really.

youre better than me cause i would've went off script and said some things.

that the young men killed a girl, and the multiple convicted rapist came across her body and had sex with it, and thats how his dna got inside her

in short, "fuck the DNA evidence that shows the only penetration done to the rape victim was done by a convicted rapist with 30+ convictions. fuck that, these black kids over here signed [forced] confessions (despite no evidence of their presence) so it must have been him. The convicted rapist probably just walked by the corpse and fucked it after the fact. That has to be it. We didn't make any mistakes convicting them."

Ugh, that's disgusting. How the hell can you live with yourself..

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
So gf has a crazy idea we should go as a interracial couple next halloween the only on i could think of is powerman/luke cage and jessica jones
Two years ago my wife and I went as Christina Ricci and Sam Jackson in "Black Snake Moan". Had her on a chain in public on a way to a buddy's party and everything. Some of the looks we got on the way to his apartment were beyond salty, I legitimately thought I might have to fight somebody before we arrived.

It was AWESOME.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Two years ago my wife and I went as Christina Ricci and Sam Jackson in "Black Snake Moan". Had her on a chain in public on a way to a buddy's party and everything. Some of the looks we got on the way to his apartment were beyond salty, I legitimately thought I might have to fight somebody before we arrived.

It was AWESOME.

motherfucking bravo

It was AWESOME.

image.php

It was AWESOME.

Where was this?

It was AWESOME.

Holy fucking shit, lol

Nakazato

It was AWESOME.
Im fucking rolling LOL

Black gaf needs pics

Devo timedog post if your ok i heard there was a mall shooting i portland
They posted in the thread about it, they're ok thank goodness.

It was AWESOME.

lmao

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

It was AWESOME.

LOL gdlk. Probably got those horror movie death stares. lol

Zeus Molecules

It was AWESOME.

*slow clap

You've earned my respect with that story....

akira28

Mister Terrific

third smartest man on the planet, though I can't say they've ever specifically pointed out who's ahead of him.

Reed Richards and Tony Stark still, somehow... I'm not buying the implication that one of them is Batman, because I never see him fucking around with particle physics, he has people for that.

One of them is luthor I have no idea who the other is.

I ain't buying that either. Luthor almost had his brains eaten by a gorilla with a giant spoon. They'll probably never come out right and say it, but hey, we got 3rd place, that's better than jive talkin'.

Zeus Molecules

Reed Richards and Tony Stark still, somehow... I'm not buying the implication that one of them is Batman, because I never see him fucking around with particle physics, he has people for that.

One of them is luthor I have no idea who the other is.

Onemic

Good games, Onemic

I really couldn't do my combos, it was pretty laggy

Ya, i don't know what's up with the random lag spikes because aside from that it felt like there was no input lag at all. I blame my shitty internet and Marvel netcode.

I only know how to do combos with Dante and Magneto. And out of those two it's only with dante that I can actually land the full thing in a match. Fuck Mahvel!
continues playing

Where are you Blazblue to save me from this shit?!

ReiGun

It was AWESOME.
Amazing.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Vancouver, BC.

The only pic I have of us together from that night, I'm biting one of my friend's boobs while her husband and my wife are spraying beers above us. Needless to say I won't be posting that online anytime soon.

no no of course not....but describe it again....what size are these titties...

It was AWESOME.

:-O

Devo timedog post if your ok i heard there was a mall shooting i portland

We're alright.

It was AWESOME.

Hahaha. At least you weren't OJ and she wasn't zombie Nicole Brown. Then everybody would be mad.

Slayven

It was AWESOME.

Living the dream.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Waiting for that White Privilege thread to go mega nuclear. Seems like we're due for another race thread

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Waiting for that White Privilege thread to go mega nuclear. Seems like we're due for another race thread

personally, im waiting for that rare egg known as a black women thread. that. but this one should be good.

Top Bottom