• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ReiGun

tumblr_m78z5uAk5P1qghf5zo2_250.gif
I can't decided whether to look at the lips or the titties.

I'm distraught about this y'all.

Had a group project in my accounting class. 4 people, I was to do business history, partner 1 would do financial comparison, partner 2 would present and partner 3 would help with whatever she could I guess.

Sitting here watching other groups' powerpoints and use of inventory turnover and debt rations, profit and losses and so on.

Honestly I phoned it in pretty hard...good news and bad news is....looks like I tried the hardest. Have to help present this shit show in a few minutes. Embarassing.

Sitting here watching other groups' powerpoints and use of inventory turnover and debt rations, profit and losses and so on.

Honestly I phoned it in pretty hard...good news and bad news is....looks like I tried the hardest. Have to help present this shit show in a few minutes. Embarassing.

Yep. This was my BCOM final to a T.

God that was fuckin' awkward. I wished the world just opened up and swallowed me whole during that entire presentation.

Yep. This was my BCOM final to a T.

God that was fuckin' awkward. I wished the world just opened up and swallowed me whole during that entire presentation.

2 of these fucks didn't even do anything and the other guy did a poserboard like this is a 6th grade science fair....and it doesn't even look nice, in fact my 6th grade science fair display board shits on this.

Fuck me.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
2 of these fucks didn't even do anything and the other guy did a poserboard like this is a 6th grade science fair....and it doesn't even look nice, in fact my 6th grade science fair dispplay board shits on this.

Fuck me.

I hate group assignments for this very reason. With a group of lazy dudes, someone is gonna have to bite the bullet and do the heavy lifting. And that fucking sucks ass.

I hate group assignments for this very reason. With a group of lazy dudes, someone is gonna have to bite the bullet and do the heavy lifting. And that fucking sucks ass.

And they always random, too. You can't get together with your friends or people who actually give a damn. You got hook up with Bum Nigga #1, Pothead Pete, and Dumb Debra who wouldn't know how to pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

My last group project was terrible. I don't even know how we managed to pull of a C. One hardly did anything and the other could hardly use Word and Powerpoint.

Parallax

And they always random, too. You can't get together with your friends or people who actually give a damn. You got hook up with Bum Nigga #1, Pothead Pete, and Dumb Debra who wouldn't know how to pour piss out of a boot if the instructions were written on the heel.

Meanwhile, you see a team of the smartest dudes in class. That used to piss me off. Even more when you can't get in contact with a member of your group and dont see their asses until the day of the project. I pushed 3 whack ass individuals to a fucking B once. I wanted to stab each and every one of them after it was done. I'm pretty sure the instructor took pity on me after she saw those assholes doing absolutely nothing

Slayven

Reigun bodying me in marvel :(
That KFC grease allows his fingers to slide across the controller.

Meanwhile, you see a team of the smartest dudes in class. That used to piss me off. Even more when you can't get in contact with a member of your group and dont see their asses until the day of the project. I pushed 3 whack ass individuals to a fucking B once. I wanted to stab each and every one of them after it was done. I'm pretty sure the instructor took pity on me after she saw those assholes doing absolutely nothing

Did you tell them at the end "you the man now dog!".

I dropped a class once because we had to do a group assignment. Fuck that. It's not acceptable beyond 8th grade.

But how will you learn to work with other people!?!? One day you'll be out in the real world and be forced to work with the laziest, dumbest damn people on the face of the planet, and you'll say, "golly gosh darnit, I guess I shouldn't dropped that class!"

Parallax

That KFC grease allows his fingers to slide across the controller.

Did you tell them at the end "you the man now dog!".

I didn't want to say anything to those individuals other than to choke on that B, it was the only one they were getting from me.

But how will you learn to work with other people!?!? One day you'll be out in the real world and be forced to work with the laziest, dumbest damn people on the face of the planet, and you'll say, "golly gosh darnit, I guess I shouldn't dropped that class!"

You act like I won't be one of those laziest, dumbest damn people on the face of the planet :s

Don't worry I'll present it, I took speech classes, don't worry I'll present it, I don't get flustered in front of strangers, don't worry I'll present it.

MOTHERFUCKER BUTCHERED MY PORTION OF THE PROJECT. Swapping words, stumbling over his tongue, odd emphasis on words, weird pitches in his voice like he was going through puberty, playing with his pocket like if kept doing it he'd win something.

I'm ready for this semester to be over.

DominoKid

im about 50/50 on group projects. the worst is when you end up with a group of oddballs. i wanted to strangle one of my groups because the girls were just insufferable together. i think we did alright but by the end i was so checked out of that situation. my other group i never saw lol. we did alright though.

its always funny when i get random groups because they're always surprised once they get to know me.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
My history with those is regardless of group size there is always one deadbeat. So if it's groups of two, I go "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK" in my head.

yeah I just got screwed this semester with a group project.... I went in saying "I will be the Lazy one" and due to language barriers I did most the work....

I guess its Karma but I dammit I want to be the lazy one for once

FyreWulff

Only one time in school was I ever able to get the deadbeats kicked out of the group. Well, not really kicked out, but the teacher let us split away to our own group.

It was me and my friend Bridget and these two other girls, and they seriously just wanted to sit there and talk to each other for the entire class.

ReiGun

I've never had problems with group assignments. Mainly cause I just do whatever everyone else tells me to. *shrug*
Ya, but pretty much every time you touched me you were able to convert into a combo :/

I have a lot of work before I get good at this game. Come play some Persona so I can even the score.
If I owned Persona, sure. With any luck, i'll get it for Christmas.

Gonna scrub it out with Chie-chan. :3

it isnt for me either, but i dont know why im still playing it. mahvel fans got to me and now i cant stop playing this dumb game :(
You're black. You'll never be able to fully resist dat mahvel.

i love that solange is still trying music.
Anything that keeps her around and looking good is alright with me.

why the hudlin hate though, he truly loved and respected the character, he was never gonna be the second coming of priest but his panther sold the most out of any other runs, and he got better as he went along the end of his first run and the 1st six of the dark reign reboot showed how good it could have been, then they let a doom fanboy maberry deconstruct and run him and wakanda to the ground

Zeus Molecules

why the hudlin hate though, he truly loved and respected the character, he was never gonna be the second coming of priest but his panther sold the most out of any other runs, and he got better as he went along the end of his first run and the 1st six of the dark reign showed how good it could have been, then they let a doom fanboy maberry deconstruct and run him and wakanda to the ground

agree 100% I Hope this new iluminati comic has Panther dealing some Munich level ass kicking to Namor and to Doom.

Parallax

why the hudlin hate though, he truly loved and respected the character, he was never gonna be the second coming of priest but his panther sold the most out of any other runs, and he got better as he went along the end of his first run and the 1st six of the dark reign reboot showed how good it could have been, then they let a doom fanboy maberry deconstruct and run him and wakanda to the ground

Because he turned tchalla into his own ubermensch and he became perfect and without fault under his reign. soon after we he shit like him disassembling guns in the hands of cops because wakandans had figured how to do that. And then there's the storm shit. A pairing neither fans of either party wanted. luckily he was out before secret invasion and we got the deconstruction of tchalla. His role in man without fear was excellent as it made him more relatable and gave us an insight into his character. Much more than what we got under hudlins run.

Zeus Molecules

Because he turned tchalla into his own ubermensch and he became perfect and without fault under his reign. soon after we he shit like him disassembling guns in the hands of cops because wakandans had figured how to do that. And then there's the storm shit. A pairing neither fans of either party wanted. luckily he was out before secret invasion and we got the deconstruction of tchalla. His role in man without fear was excellent as it made him more relatable and gave us an insight into his character. Much more than what we got under hudlins run.

I mean Hudlin did do more than his share of fan service but

Man without fear was horrible man... Just the concept of a BP being a king that would leave his Wakanda and his wife. In the midst of the worse disaster possible (that he personally pressed the red button on). To run a diner in the hood and stop street crime as a favor to a daredevil who needed a "break" after going evil.... is abhorrent to me as a BP fan. Forget that finding himself excuse, that was just an excuse to make him go to an urban setting. I mean he fought Friggin Hate-monger in Harlem that was about 4-6 issues of that run right there ... and then that American Panther bullshit...

Black Panther was a arrogant ubermensh from his creation. The very first thing he did was beat up the Fantastic 4 cause he thought it would be a challenge. I mean Priest concept behind a urban BP made sense by changing the man behind the mask. But hell the whole man without fear storyline felt like BP was giving only half assed attempts, to the point the fans complained about it all the time. They complained so much that the writer at the time had BP give a internal monologue saying he was bullshitting in NY to try to explain how out of character he was acting in the series.

Now watch Marvel completely ignore the fact that old BP... original BP would of hunted down and attempted to kill Doom and Namor as first priority. Don't get me wrong Marvel has been knocking it out the park imho with these "revolution now" books but BP has been shitty (save BP Secret Invasion) since Hudlin left

Hudlin ran Storm into the ground. Never forget, never forgive.

xmen writers ran storm into the ground

Basically the X books weren't using her and then once she went to BP all the writers wanted her back so she could hook up with Wolverine....

If anything all the crap she did to end up in the X-books again were more out of character than anything Hudlin wrote for her.

iavi

Love

On the note of group projects: I love them when classes are in the early stages, especially so when they have you rotating around getting in everybody's face. To meet and greet, basically. After that, I just want to do my own. That said, I've never had all that bad an experience in one. The occasional bum member, but was always lucky enough to have other members that all worked that bit harder to fill in whatever gap.

xmen writers ran storm into the ground

Basically the X books weren't using her and then once she went to BP all the writers wanted her back so she could hook up with Wolverine....

If anything all the crap she did to end up in the X-books again were more out of character than anything Hudlin wrote for her.

Lol, bullshit. She was leading the Uncanny X-Men until Chris Claremont was forced to write her into a side-story in Africa to set up her upcoming marriage. Then she was locked out of Brubaker's big Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire story arc because she would be in space for a year. There were tons of restrictions placed on her so that the bulk of her importance was in Black Panther, where she was suddenly a freakin cheerleader and acting like an idiot.

Don't know what "crap" the X-books did to her, but Storm and Wolverine have always been kissing/flirting. Her relationship with him makes more sense than Black Panther, to be honest.

Zeus Molecules

Lol, bullshit. She was leading the Uncanny X-Men until Chris Claremont was forced to write her into a side-story in Africa to set up her upcoming marriage. Then she was locked out of Brubaker's big Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire story arc because she would be in space for a year. There were tons of restrictions placed on her so that the bulk of her importance was in Black Panther, where she was suddenly a freakin cheerleader and acting like an idiot.

Don't know what "crap" the X-books did to her, but Storm and Wolverine have always been kissing/flirting. Her relationship with him makes more sense than Black Panther, to be honest.

come on how long back are you going to say they ignored her so she could be a placeholder for BP? Claremont was the only writer who attempted to use her for anything and he was off the X-Books in 2004. Since then she was a back up character at best in the X-verse until now she's back to being Wolverine's love interest.

Also yeah she flirted with Wolverine, but i don't see where that characters importance improves if she just went from being arm candy for BP to arm candy for Wolverine... They did good stories with her being married and then Boom she and T'challa are estranged and you hear the rumor the X writers all want her back and now they got her. Lets see if they use her for anything worthwhile.

Nah dude you are misremembering. Claremont was off Xtreme in 2004, but he wrote her in Uncanny for a year after that and then wrote the Annual that set up the marriage and then she was absent for the most part of the BP series. After the BP series ended and until now she's been a more regular face in the X books.

And she's not going to be Wolverine's love interest. That cover is just a tease like everything else Marvel does.

lets be real Storms greatness is just a memory now, and its not BP's fault. With Scott and Emma in reduced roles. She has now become a side kick to Betsy. While Shadowcat / Havok have taken the position, she should naturally have. But some of her deluded fans are happy... The mohawks back, she will be soon be tonging down wolverine (x-jumpoff).

The fact that they have also decided to have her chasing a 'mad' Bishop around, who the writers destroyed with terrible retcons, speaks volumes

Top Bottom