• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

akira28

Sports are 100X more fun to play than watch. I'll watch in social settings, or if I've somehow made a bet. Otherwise, sports are just games that I generally don't have time to follow.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So I just watched Bebe's kids and it even funnier as an adult than when I saw it as a kid... Hell I don't even think kids should really watch it cause the humor is too adult and I'm mad this was marketed to me as a kid lol....

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So I just watched Bebe's kids and it even funnier as an adult than when I saw it as a kid... Hell I don't even think kids should really watch it cause the humor is too adult and I'm mad this was marketed to me as a kid lol....

Its based on robin Harris' stand up, so yeah its pretty out there

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Its based on robin Harris' stand up, so yeah its pretty out there

oh yeah but the sad part was as a kid i didn't get half the jokes, honestly it was sort of ahead of its time as being animation made for kids but full of above the head of children jokes...

Onemic

oh yeah but the sad part was as a kid i didn't get half the jokes, honestly it was sort of ahead of its time as being animation made for kids but full of above the head of children jokes...

A lot of kids shows/movies are like that.

I actually watched a bit of Home Alone 2 a few weeks back and realized what Buzz meant when he called Kevin a trout sniffer.

A.E Suggs

I'm with DY on this one. Baseball is painfully boring.

I'm with you on this one baseball is dreadfully boring. Yet being that i'm in the home of the cards our city gets hype during games and it makes it more exciting.

Also does anyone on blackgaf have an 3ds? Please tell me i'm not the only one, I know how black folks can be when it comes to nintendo.

When I'm controlling Rayman: fun
When I'm not controlling Rayman: not-so-fun

Hopefully the game lets me, ya know, control my damn character for the vast majority of the time.

But presentation wise, yeah, it's pretty perfect. Hell, I think I like the art direction more then Origins

Speaking of sports...you guys get a wind of this idiot?

Same shit I've had to deal with my whole life. Unless you fit into their little mold your "blackness" is questioned. I can't he went on ESPN with some dumb shit like this.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Same shit I've had to deal with my whole life. Unless you fit into their little mold your "blackness" is questioned. I can't he went on ESPN with some dumb shit like this.

story of my life with that bullshit. my blackness has been called out a few times by lame dudes

This is why I only watch ESPN for PTI, ATH, and SVP. ESPN is the TMZ or MTV of sports, fuckem. I guess Rob Parker wants RG3 to have a couple of baby mama sprinkled here and there to be considered black.

DominoKid

Rob Parker is the worst.

First Take has turned up the race baiting in the last 18 months or so to great results so don't expect it to stop soon. Stephen A has even 'slipped' and said nigga 2 or 3 times. I love First Take. It's completely self-generated and they make no attempts to hide it either lmao.

Onemic

True but he wasn't about that Gameboy life.

No game boy? You mean you weren't one of the lucky few to have a gameboy take it to school and get it taken by a teacher days, weeks to months later?

Naw man I had dat prestigous Game Gear. 10 years ahead of its time mofos!

yeah, that battery pack and AC Adapter combo was solid

still got the gameboy, game gear, gbc, gba in storage somewhere. my NGPC i actually keep around, though i never play it!

G-Fex

I think I have a AC Adapter I use for my game gear I have.

That and for my Lynx

I had a Lynx when I was little and a gameboy I loved the lynx a bit more though.

So I rebought one <3

A.E Suggs

Naw man I had dat prestigous Game Gear. 10 years ahead of its time mofos!

So how did it feel to only have a range of 12 good games?

At least he's honest, I don't favor people that hides their true feelings just to please others. He's not ever rare but I guess saying it on ESPN is whats the problem here.

There's this hot cougar who reads 50 shades of grey literally right at the bar where I frequent these days, all while drinking some kind of liquor.

Could the bait be any bigger? It's almost too obvious.

What say you GAF?

And before you ask, she's vanilla. You know how we do.

i hope u dont dissapoint us!

Mr.Fresh

Also does anyone on blackgaf have an 3ds? Please tell me i'm not the only one, I know how black folks can be when it comes to nintendo.

I have one but I'm regretting it. I might sell it soon. I'm pretty much done with Nintendo handhelds. Mario 3DLand was Great, then NSMB2 was ass(IMO), Im sick of KH Spinoffs and want KH 3 already, and I was going to buy Twewy and Theaterythm but they came out on iOS and I already bring my phone everywhere so I bought them there.

Onemic

So how did it feel to only have a range of 12 good games?

There's a price to pay when you literally have the future in your hands. It was a sacrifice I was willing to make. While you guys were enjoying your monochrome Metroid and Mario Lands, I was getting my full colour GBA quality titles a good 10 years before y'all even sniffed that shit.

Sonic and Desert Storm were my shit though.

I wanted a Gameboy
BibleThump.png

I didn't even know Sega made a successor to the Game Gear. The Sega Nomad

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
the last episode was building up to the coolest shit and then....... nothing. fuck.

Yeah. They even troll you with the scythe stuff hard in the first few minutes.

They could've kept their SYMBOLISM and had a good fight if they wanted. Also, Black Star is the trillest - and I choose to believe he was taking a nap since they didn't actually show what happened.

Yeah. They even troll you with the scythe stuff hard in the first few minutes.

They could've kept their SYMBOLISM and had a good fight if they wanted. Also, Black Star is the trillest - and I choose to believe he was taking a nap since they didn't actually show what happened.

He reminded me too much of Naruto, but he was alright. Soul was the most swag until they changed his design to some Italian soccer player.

Read the manga, a ton of shit is different

Manga confuses the shit out of me. Reading the text left to right but the page layout is right to left :s

Top Bottom