• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
T'Challa is such a g, man

1355525972.jpg

dope!!

i can not BELIEVE that show got so much critical praise.
i thought SATC was bad...

I don't get it either. They're all assholes for one reason or another and no, not just in a they're kind of mean sorta way. They're shitty people. It's supposed to be 20-somethings finding their way in New York but it feels like they're all being controlled by 12 year olds who are oddly aware of their problems but not worried about them enough to fix them.

DominoKid

I don't get it either. They're all assholes for one reason or another and no, not just in a they're kind of mean sorta way. They're shitty people. It's supposed to be 20-somethings finding their way in New York but it feels like they're all being controlled by 12 year olds who are oddly aware of their problems but not worried about them enough to fix them.

that's cause its what they are deep down.
IMO that goes for most young folks these days (maybe always?). myself included.

Zeus Molecules

The woman your dating affecting you blackness question is funny to me cause it makes me think of that corny line

"Do you have some black in you? No... Well Do you want some?" I never thought that joke meant you was offering them a percentage of your blackness in the exchange for sex....

Also that girls show is about shitty people but I think most people are shitty in general in their 20's unless they have children to help them direct that towards something positive, like blaming their children for how they cant just be shitty and single like other people in their 20's.

I've spent the past couple hours reading about gun bans in Australia and England. Specifically how the bans affected homicide, suicide and violent crime rates. Gun-enthusiast friend was coming at me after I made some silly throw-away post on FB. Now I'm going at him.

#HeGonGetThisWork

Zeus Molecules

I've spent the past couple hours reading about gun bans in Australia and England. Specifically how the bans affected homicide, suicide and violent crime rates. Gun-enthusiast friend was coming at me after I made some silly throw-away post on FB. Now I'm going at him.

#HeGonGetThisWork

i think the democrats (and people who are just supportive of more gun sale regulation) need to actively show how guns help violence escalate. That has to be the approach towards this until they at least end this so called gun show loophole.

#HeGonGetThisWork

Pro-gun nuts think that any sort of limitations means ::takin' away our jobs guns::, it's incredibly frustrating.

Pro-gun nuts think that any sort of limitations means ::takin' away our jobs guns::, it's incredibly frustrating.

Guns shouldn't be as easy to get as they are in some states. But it shouldn't be as hard as it is in a state like NJ
On month 7 waiting for my license, they say the process should take a month on the state website......

i think the democrats (and people who are just supportive of more gun sale regulation) need to actively show how guns help violence escalate. That has to be the approach towards this until they at least end this so called gun show loophole.

I brought that up, he ignored it.

His solution: Society needs to change, kids to be educated about guns.

I didn't feel strongly about it, but he was being a prick about it. Saying I needed some faqs and to call him if I wanted to learn more about the issue.

He said after the firearm ban in the uk, england's homicide, suicide and violent crime rate rose 75% for 5 years and continue to this day. I dumped so many stats and graphs on him from office of national statistics. Pointed out his shitty dailymail/guardian sources.

Turns out UK is enjoying its lowest homicide rate in 30 years, suicide rate is the lowest its been in 20 years and violent crimes involving firearms fell 50% from 2003 to 2012.

I will say that homicides and violent crime did surge for about a year immediately following the ban, but I'm not sure why that is.

#HeGonGetThisWork

After the Port Arthur Massacre, govt shut up shop on guns in Australia. The process is such a pain in the ass to go through, however nobody here cares and in fact feel safer that its harder to get guns. Just confuses me how the mindsets are so completely different. If the Connecticut massacre happened here in Australia now, i wouldn't put it past the govt to ban guns outright and the majority of the population would agree.

Kreed

After the Port Arthur Massacre, govt shut up shop on guns in Australia. The process is such a pain in the ass to go through, however nobody here cares and in fact feel safer that its harder to get guns. Just confuses me how the mindsets are so completely different. If the Connecticut massacre happened here in Australia now, i wouldn't put it past the govt to ban guns outright and the majority of the population would agree.

Most pro gun advocates in the US have a "healthy" fear of their fellow man. Usually it's either the fear of criminals (aka minorities) with guns coming after them and their families or it's the theory that the government might try to infringe on their civil liberties and they'll be forced to fight back (small minority, but very vocal).

Ironically these tragedies tend to have the opposite effect for US pro gun advocates, and makes them believe more guns would help the situation (teachers/staff/students being allowed to carry guns to protect themselves).

Regardless there will never be a complete gun ban in the US, at least not a successful one. Even if they were to ban all the guns, there are just too many of them on the streets. For example in this massacre, the mother of the killer apparently had 5 different guns in her home. The media is acting like this is a surprise but living in South Florida, this is pretty damn normal IMO. The US government could never get them all out of the hands of the citizens, let alone illegal guns.

Onemic

Regardless there will never be a complete gun ban in the US, at least not a successful one. Even if they were to ban all the guns, there are just too many of them on the streets. For example in this massacre, the mother of the killer apparently had 5 different guns in her home. The media is acting like this is a surprise but living in South Florida, this is pretty damn normal IMO. The US government could never get them all out of the hands of the citizens, let alone illegal guns.

Exactly. It's why some highly gun regulated countries still have tons of violence(e.g. Brazil and Mexico)

Most pro gun advocates in the US have a "healthy" fear of their fellow man. Usually it's either the fear of criminals (aka minorities) with guns coming after them and their families or it's the theory that the government might try to infringe on their civil liberties and they'll be forced to fight back (small minority, but very vocal).

Ironically these tragedies tend to have the opposite effect for US pro gun advocates, and makes them believe more guns would help the situation (teachers/staff/students being allowed to carry guns to protect themselves).

that is the exact dialogue i'm hearing here in GA. the solution is more guns! and when i think about it, the way guns are in the US, that might just be true. nothing short of an all out ban and house to house government reclamation will make guns go away. there are just too many out there for bans to stop people who really want to do damage with them from being able to get them.

the real results from bans will take decades to show up, and after bans go into place and things like this still happen, the outcry for bringing guns back will be enormous and there will be a booming gun smuggling market and an accompanying new war on guns.

Top Bottom