• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

I don't think I've ever eaten breakfast at college unless I was still up from the previous night.

Lunch, Dinner, Midnight Dinner ftw.

I wish the caf here had midnight dinner. Shit closes at 9 on weekdays and 6 on weekends. I spent the most money on food during the weekend.

pic86.1.jpg

dat commitment

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"What up Long bread" <- I don't even know why I'm laughing, but that shit put a pause on life.

"When Ima see that beautiful face again.?"
*insert pic of self*
"Bitch answer your phone clown ass hoe."

ahahaha

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
A politics podcast would be easy. I know the NPR one is done by complete clowns- I always end up yelling.
Heh. I think I'd probably end up doing a social commentary/politics, tech or film oriented one. What really makes or breaks a podcast is...the cast. What makes the giant bombcast so great is the chemistry between the hosts.

DominoKid

honestly i feel like most of those simp texts are fake even if they are funny.

i used to help my roommate make those things for him to post on twitter.

I'd be willing to do a podcast for real.

A politics podcast would be easy. I know the NPR one is done by complete clowns- I always end up yelling.

Heh. I think I'd probably end up doing a social commentary/politics, tech or film oriented one. What really makes or breaks a podcast is...the cast. What makes the giant bombcast so great is the chemistry between the hosts.

Anyone have any sort of experience. I sure as hell don't.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I've never did any podcasts but I've observed and listened during ones my cousin did with a group about MMOs.

Tips to get started:

>Get your hands on a good mic and practice a bit maybe using group Skype sessions
XBL mics and cheap gaming stuff are often pretty terrible sound quality and it'll come across when you re-listen for editing. Whatever you have to start is fine but down the line if you want to keep going a good mic is highly recommended.

>Plan out your script in advance in terms of the things you want to discuss but leave it flexible
Mostly a list is just helpful for having the bullet points of what you want to discuss, everything else can be (and is often better when) composed on the fly during organic discussion.

>Make sure you have a core group that can show up and actually talk at the designated time
Most of the ad-hoc newbie podcasts that I've listened to or heard being organized fall apart because of this. Special guests are fine and if you have to rotate the cast for life reasons that's okay too, but the best podcasts consist of a regular group of people that mesh well and the audience can identify with.

DominoKid

I think everybody hates their own voice. The funny thing is that we never actually hear how our voice sounds to other people. I forget the exact reason but there's scientific explanation behind it.

Apparently I have a wonderful, deep voice. I can't tell you how many times I've been told to go into voice work like cartoons. I always try silly ass voices and impressions to make people laugh.

FyreWulff

I think it has something to do with the fact that we hear the internal vibrations in our skull which nobody else can hear.

I don't like my voice because it sounds like I'm mumbling when to myself it sounds like I'm talking clearly.

ReiGun

So I thought it'd be cool if I wrote a nice essay about my college experience. Something I could share with people to let them know how much they mean to me/have meant these last 5 years...

This shit is literally harder than any assignment I've had in college. Wtfffffffff lolololol.

Top Bottom