• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

My mom taught me to cook so i dont need a woman to cook for me.
Yep and I picked up a few recipes (lol) along the way. Best thing that came out of my 5 year relationship with a Caribbean woman. I know how to make jerk chicken, curry chicken, brown stew chicken, ox tails and rice and peas. You have to WANT to learn how to cook, it's not that hard because everything is on the internet. If you can follow simple instructions you can cook.

Nakazato

Yep and I picked up a few recipes (lol) along the way. Best thing that came out of my 5 year relationship with a Caribbean woman. I know how to make jerk chicken, curry chicken, brown stew chicken, ox tails and rice and peas. You have to WANT to learn how to cook, it's not that hard because everything is on the internet. If you can follow simple instructions you can cook.
Yep. As long as ppl know a lil salt and pepper go a long way. In helping with flavor.

DominoKid

i know how wrong that clip sounds, but seriously, we're losign recipes! i've been playing it close with grandma on thanksgiving wednesday and xmas eve for the past 2 years. taking notes, etc. me and one of my cousins (also male) are the only ones taking notes on these recipes!

man there's nothing wrong with that clip. mike took it to church. i'm amazed at how he connected that.
im really surprised 'were losing recipes' didn't end up as a meme cause it's hilarious. apply it to the workplace, the classroom, anything.

G-Fex

A few weeks ago I had the strangest craving for butterfingers from out of nowhere. Soooooooo fucking good

Kit Kats are boring as fuck
Little co worker lady was selling candy bars for her daughter so I bought a butterfingers and baby Ruth

Man I forgot how much I liked butterfingers but baby Ruth sucks

I don't think there's been one candy named in the past page that I dislike. Sure there are some that I like more than others but they're all good to me.

I try to stay away from that stuff though. I've still got 2/3 of the way to go to hit my goal weight.

pizzapatron.jpg

G-Fex

the hell is pizza patron?

I've only heard of la pizza loca

I wonder if that's still open. They're the only pizza joint I know of that still carries the bigfoot like pizza

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
fucking adobo...

i knew people that would put that shit on everything. chicken, fish, steak, popcorn...

the hell is pizza patron?

I've only heard of la pizza loca

I wonder if that's still open. They're the only pizza joint I know of that still carries the bigfoot like pizza

There's a few still around. The struggliest of pizzas.

They were the first place doing that 5$ pizza deal. When I little they used to go door to door in my apartment complex selling 5$ pizzas, sometimes neighbors used to haggle with them for free drinks/breadsticks. Times were hard lol.

G-Fex

I'm going to treat myself to a restaurant feast tomorrow morning, I wonder what place to go though. Maybe a breakfast place or not.

There's a few still around. The struggliest of pizzas.

They were the first place doing that 5$ pizza deal. When I little they used to go door to door in my apartment complex selling 5$ pizzas, sometimes neighbors used to haggle with them for free drinks/breadsticks. Times were hard lol.

I could never bring myself to buy any of their pizzas

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Also controversial because for a while they accepted payment in pesos as well as dollars.

I never spoke to a Pizza Loca employee whos first language was english. Often times my dad had to answer the door to get our pizza when we ordered because no one else knew spanish.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
That NC/SC thread is going to make me have a relapse...

Black NCGaf knows exactly what the fuck I'm talking about. "Durham is a nice place". I've seen at least half a dozen drive-bys take place within 3 miles of my last high school.

Top Bottom