• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The podcast

Let's make it happen before Xmas - who's down to be in the first edition of "So Well Spoken"?

I want to do this

The podcast

Let's make it happen before Xmas - who's down to be in the first edition of "So Well Spoken"?

I want to do this

I'm up for it, but I need to get a mic. Don't wanna use my crappy laptop one.

What exactly would be discussed? I was thinking about it, maybe we could just compile a list of keypoints to hit on. getting a list like that together would be a good starting point.

DY_nasty

first off, all yal are some hating ass marks

I've got my laptop mic/webcam stuff. Wouldn't be too hard to get something better if the need arises.

Not sure about any programs or loggers to use though. Just need to see who's down between the bigger contributors here to see what all we're working with.

PlayDat

Podcast sounds like a great idea guys. I'd love to have one to listen to during the break.

I just picked up Hitman Blood Money for $2.49 in the Steam sale, but I heard you can't use a gamepad for that. Should be fine with a mouse and keyboard right? It'll be my first Hitman game by the way.

I am actually caramel myself. I would consider anyone who doesn't demolish the paper bag test to be light skinned.
Really? Are you from the south? The first time I ever heard anyone call me light-skinned was when I went to college down south. I was like "wtf?? i'm clearly brown lol"

I think the color meter is a bit different in the south vs the north.

DominoKid

^^^ soundscream is right about the bag thing. of course im also from the south.

these long ass stories from FM makes me think that if this is what he remembers, imagine the random stuff he's forgot or didn't include. :O :O :O

sn: never work out after eating 2 bowls of chili. i feel terrrrrrrrible.

Really? Are you from the south? The first time I ever heard anyone call me light-skinned was when I went to college down south. I was like "wtf?? i'm clearly brown lol"

everyone should be using the fresh-prince scale:

i would say i'm at a will-level, but my father and young brother are geoffrey-level and my mother is hilary-level

theywill-appearedearly-show-first-seasonshow-butler-geoffrey-andaunt-v-_tvrn.jpg

NJ

Also if you can get darker by tanning, you are light skinned.

G-Fex

Do black people face skin issues later in life or do they retain the same shade they grew up with? Or is it cause they mess with that one soap?

dabig2

black women everywhere are in mourning today. michael ealy is off the market.

i cant decide who's prettier

Heh, my sis msg'd me "well, at least she's not white!"

Always good to see a brotha get some Indian love. Lord knows that relationship is harder to find than others.

lmao, NIJ 3-2 is CRAY.

I got a job interview in the morning, but I'd be down as a sub for anyone who can't make it for the podcast. Got a real mic and everything.

EDIT:
NIJ 3-2 said:
I got a message on gaf from someone before saying I was fucking it up for black people.
hahahahahahaha

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Son. FM's story got me wanting to listen to straight ratchet music, before breakfast. Ignorant shit while eating lucky charms or soft baked cookies with tea.

I'm cracking up reading this shit.

BHZ Mayor

FreeMufasa
goes hard in the muthafuckin paint
(Yesterday, 09:43 AM)

FreeMufasa
got a main chick, got a mistress,
a couple girlfriends, I'm so hood rich
(Yesterday, 09:43 AM)

So D.C traffic was horrible and I was salty as fuck. Moved maybe 50 feet in 45 minutes. Cats were driving in the wrong side of the road out of rage.

I was listening to Lavar Arringtons show for DC sports radio and his white co-host and producer were arguing about black athletes dominating sports. White guys are like "not MMA", and Lavar says "The best fighters in the UFC are black." I'm nodding in agreement. White guy says "only one is black."

Lavar says " Jon Jones and Anderson Silva."

White guy says " Anderson Silva isn't black, he's brazilian."

My jaw literally hit the floor.

I don't know if I've ever gotten so pissed and Lavar was raged too. These white guys were STEADFAST arguing that Anderson Silva isn't black.

For those who don't know Silva:

anderson-silva-thumb.jpg

They said he's BRAZILIAN, not black.

I nearly blew my top listening to this shit...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
For those who don't know Silva:

anderson-silva-thumb.jpg

They said he's BRAZILIAN, not black.

I nearly blew my top listening to this shit...
LOL

Also, thanks for the final installment of Fiddy Shades of Play, Mufasa

DY_nasty

The chat has been up for a while. Hours and timezones kill it at times but its been up for months. I'll add the info to the OP later today.

Imm0rt4l

LOL WAT? Unless you are Africa black every black person can get darker if they stay in the sun long enough.

Basically this, Unless you're typical Sudanese black, every one can get darker.

I don't think everyone sunburns though, I've never been sunburnt.

Also black people don't blush, we bronze.

Top Bottom