• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Sometimes you don't realize how much you've matured until it slaps you in the face.

I went on a date last night and ran into a chick that looked like a greek/italian version of Maria Ozawa with more bust. She invited me to her place and turns out she's a huge gamer and into all sorts of anime. She literally has some anime running on netflix via ps3 when I roll in.

My younger self would have been in love with the idea of this. In fact it would be a dream.

She's got a cat and ends up putting on some anime music openings. She really wants to visit Japan and she's showing me her anime drawings, pictures from cons with her dressed as characters from Garenn Lagan, etc.

She was fine and all but I was just thinking, " man I don't know if I'm about this life anymore."

Shit is super unattractive. My teenage self would literally kill me for missing out on a girl like this though.

what to do

Is that the only part you see of her? If so, bail, since it'll drive you crazy.

But I'm willing to be she ain't like that 24/7 - at least I hope she isn't. If you can live with that small bit, it might be worth it

Is that the only part you see of her? If so, bail, since it'll drive you crazy.

But I'm willing to be she ain't like that 24/7 - at least I hope she isn't. If you can live with that small bit, it might be worth it

It's hard to tell. She's not like that all the time, but she had a couple of moments where she paused and just had that look in her eyes that the crazy ones tend to get. Maybe I'm looking to deep into it.

Is she all about that anime life? Is there more to her than just that? Hell, is she cute? There's a lot of factors to take in.

Is she cute? I just said she looks like a greek Maria Ozawa lol. I had a boner the entire time I was there. It was super awkward.

I'm definitely going to give it a shot. If nothing else I'll slay to honor slay. But she's pretty deep into that anime life. Chick was literally filling me in on in depth Bleach knowledge and had BOXED anime sets of obscure romance anime's. Not to mention wallpaper on her phone and laptop being anime related and practicing japanese.

shit scares me a little

Ephemeris

It's hard to tell. She's not like that all the time, but she had a couple of moments where she paused and just had that look in her eyes that the crazy ones tend to get. Maybe I'm looking to deep into it.

As someone who's been in that situation
(she's also on GAF. FML if she stumbles onto this
) bail out before the crazy hits.

Does she make cat noises and random Japanese words?

No cat noises. She never said japanese words at random but she did say some phrases when I asked her about it and you can just tell she's the type of chick that looks up kanji and shit.

She probably is a chan also.

As someone who's been in that situation
(she's also on GAF. FML if she stumbles onto this
) bail out before the crazy hits.

yea, I'm kind of nervous about it, but black gaf is maybe the last thing she'd frequent.

Ephemeris

I mean, to be fair, although the odds of crazy are high in cases like these, you could always give it a chance.

That way when it happens you're part of the club. You could be the one to buck the trend.

Sometimes you don't realize how much you've matured until it slaps you in the face.

I went on a date last night and ran into a chick that looked like a greek/italian version of Maria Ozawa with more bust. She invited me to her place and turns out she's a huge gamer and into all sorts of anime. She literally has some anime running on netflix via ps3 when I roll in.

My younger self would have been in love with the idea of this. In fact it would be a dream.

She's got a cat and ends up putting on some anime music openings. She really wants to visit Japan and she's showing me her anime drawings, pictures from cons with her dressed as characters from Garenn Lagan, etc.

She was fine and all but I was just thinking, " man I don't know if I'm about this life anymore."

Shit is super unattractive. My teenage self would literally kill me for missing out on a girl like this though.

what to do

I would bail. It will get annoying when she start saying Japanese words.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
These things are just obsessions. She might mature or move onto something in the future, too. I wouldn't drop it just for that alone. But you gotta ask yourself: is it going to be worth putting up with if it really begins to bother you?

It's nice to have someone who can even understand your hobbies if they go that deep, if not at appreciate them. Like you said your younger self would have been all over that so you at least understand some of the appeal there. That's probably why she was so excited to show you all that shit. If you make it clear you used to be into that stuff a lot but have sort of moved away into other things now, she would probably understand. And you can always guide her to discover new things too, if you guys end up getting together a lot.

You can't fix crazy, but being about that anime life isn't uncommon (been there done that myself) and doesn't have to be a deal breaker. Think on it.

Does she know the words to the Inuyasha ending?

nah, but she started playing the intro to Ghost in the Shell series and starting signing along to it a little.

As for cat ears and shit...hard to say. I didn't get into the bedroom yet, where all of her "collection" is.

Updates to come probably in a week or so. For better or worse.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
It's like the campsite rule:

"coined by dan savage, in relationships with a large difference in maturity, at the end of the relationship the elder partner should leave the younger in "better shape than they found them". This includes no diseases, no fertilized eggs, no undue emotional trauma, and whatever education that can be provided."

It's like FreeMufasa teaching Japanese women how to make love.

I saw the Hobbit just the other day. If that isnt a damn good movie, I dunno what is, professional critics can ead. I dont give a shit how similar it is to the LOTR movies, motherfucker those were some of the best films of the new millenium, so how is being similar to that a bad thing. I hate hack critics.

Gorillaz

If she was the type that would read/lurk Gaf she might check this thread out only for curiosity and shit but your safe. It's not like you called her a Greek version of maria ozawa in person....

right?

Ayo, how the FUCK can Christina Hendricks be considered fat in any shape, fashion, or form?

lemme guess, that red head thread?

I haven't seen Christina in a minute though, but then again I'm a dude who would plow Christina Aguilera when she was at her thickest so who am I to talk

BHZ Mayor

lemme guess, that red head thread?

I haven't seen Christina in a minute though, but then again I'm a dude who would plow Christina Aguilera when she was at her thickest so who am I to talk

In a way, partially. Seeing her mentioned in that and the "sexiest film scene" thread got me thinking about how so many seem to think she's somehow fat, and it boggles my mind.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
In a way, partially. Seeing her mentioned in that and the "sexiest film scene" thread got me thinking about how so many seem to think she's somehow fat, and it boggles my mind.
I don't really get it either but the closest thing I can come up with is insecurity. People will call out "fat" and "obese" all day on beautiful women like Christina Hendricks but when it comes to being skinny no one says a word. Some people just need their women to have the body of a teenage boy to feel comfortable apparently.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's like the campsite rule:

"coined by dan savage, in relationships with a large difference in maturity, at the end of the relationship the elder partner should leave the younger in "better shape than they found them". This includes no diseases, no fertilized eggs, no undue emotional trauma, and whatever education that can be provided."

It's like FreeMufasa teaching Japanese women how to make love.

no fertilized eggs

like FreeMufasa
welp

DominoKid

She's not obese, or grossly overweight, but she's definitely fat. I don't see anything wrong w/ people who say that.

Her Mad Men outfits help her figure out a lot.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
she has some pretty unflattering photos out there dogg.
I don't want to believe...
no fertilized eggs
like FreeMufasa
welp
123-1.gif

theres nothing wrong with Hendricks at all. never really turned me on tho, her MM character really pissed me off (in one of the earlier episodes her Mad Men character belittles a coworker for dating a black girl) and I hated her for the longest time, so all them lengthy shots of her ass as she walks out of the scene didnt do anything for me.

She's gained quite a bit of weight over the 5 seasons of Mad Men, but she's still gorgeous and made even better by how amazing her character on the show is.

Neogaf.gif

Scarlett Johanssen is also a fatass

I don't want to believe...

GAF will be GAF, but

christinahendricksfat0.jpg

people have a reason to be concerned. Hard to tell what's being hidden by corsets and clothing that pushes things around to better placements and what's real. She's definitely teetering on that edge, and as said above appears to be one Thanksgiving with my family away from being officially "stout".

also, the only people saying ScarJo is fat are SE Asians who are clearly resigned or otherwise have been conditioned to enjoy the look of ladies that have the bodies of 12 year old boys. With respect to them. It's fine if that's a preference, but it does lack a bit of perspective.

FreeMufasa

Just finished NiJ.

*bows to FreeMufasa*

You should totally have a blog. Or get someone to put your memoirs in a blog, would be worth it for the various stories alone. Excellent shit.Salty tears never tasted so sweet.

Nah man. Part of the reason I Pm'd was because I want to keep it in this circle.

Top Bottom