• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

j9llJ.gif

I wish I didn't skip RPGs when I was younger... P4G is so fucking good

Slayven

Burn Notice has an omega level simp. Dude gets dumped but chick can call him anytime to do some shit that could get the patriot act shoved up his ass.

Nakazato

FreeMufasa
goes hard in the muthafuckin paint
(Yesterday, 09:43 AM)

FreeMufasa
got a main chick, got a mistress,
a couple girlfriends, I'm so hood rich
Bish make it so

I kinda feel for fm main chick tho. But damn if i was 22 again in japan i think i would be doing the same thing as long u dont act like a simp weeboo and are black you can get poompoom

Bish make it so

I kinda feel for fm main chick tho. But damn if i was 22 again in japan i think i would be doing the same thing as long u dont act like a simp weeboo and are black you can get poompoom

I felt for the main girl until I saw how old FM was. I always pictured him older than 22 for some reason.

Any person trying to lock you in long term after a short stint at that age....that's a red flag to me.

In other words, DO YOU MUFASA, DO YOU!

Gorillaz

The picture literally explains everything.

Because he's absolutely right - but you can't be that kind of right. I just want to know what his ban message was.
Sometimes you gotta filter things for different groups. I could see something like that not going over well with...everyone

Also didnt know part 3 was out...salt

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Nigger said 110 times in Django Unchained

somebody actually counted lmao.

sn: remember Real Nigga Roll Call? it holds the record for most swear words in a song. approximately 295, a good 150+ of them being Nigga. i looooooooved that song as a child so damn much lol. i still have the CD somewhere.

Still play that song to this day when I'm in the gym. It gets me so hyped!

I can't listen to it anywhere else though.

if you can catch a ban for that, you can catch a ban for anything...even transparent sarcasm, like I did. I stays out of OT, trigger happy mods and over the last year its become more and more like reddit with people looking to misconstrue shit and go off on tangents.

akira28

yeah that wasn't fair. The meta minefield, he was talking about the world at large, but someone felt like he was talking about GAF?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It seems like bullshit with all the other "thread bitchers" get by just fine in other threads. That reeks of bull.

Kreed

yeah that wasn't fair. The meta minefield, he was talking about the world at large, but someone felt like he was talking about GAF?

One of the mods probably took the comment as thread whining vs him making a comment about "skewed" news reporting. Had he said the word news instead of threads in that post it wouldn't have been an issue.

Dre3001

This is my first time posting in this topic and feel like spouting off here since other topics might result in a ban but....

As a black male am I the only one bothered that it took until Sandy Hook for people to start getting serious about gun control in America.

In inner cities there are shootings everyday and yet for years all people ever do is basically say "What a shame" and thats it. People would usually feel bad for maybe 5 minutes and then go about their day but now they seem to be fixated on taking away guns.

Now I understand that the magnitude is different but I feel like this just shows the value of race disparity in the country.

Sandy Hook was terrible and I felt sickened as my mother is a teacher and I have siblings and relatives in elementary school.

At the same time I honestly feel like had it happened to an inner black school in Chicago the media reaction would be different.

Trayvon Martin happened and nobody was calling for a ban on guns, as a matter of fact you had some people even defending Zimmerman saying he was doing his job or that Trayvon was a thug.

A few weeks ago a guy shot a car full of black teenagers at a gas station because their music was too loud and killed one of them and that made a little stir throughout Florida but nobody was calling for a ban on guns.

To reiterate, im not downplaying the tragedy at Sandy Hook as it was a disgusting event and very saddening but im only inquiring as to why did it take so long for people to get serious about the gun debate in our country.

Pulling the "race card" is incredibly stupid in my opinion but in this instance I feel like it may be a valid point. It pains me to even say this but I honestly think the reaction nationwide would be much more different had the race roles been reversed.

Dre, its a valid point I think. Other things would have been said too, for example he had refused to speak to his father in 2+ years since his parents split and his dad remarried.

The word "thug" probably would have gotten thrown around. Social media would have gone into overdrive with racial slurs...

Slay :(

This is my first time posting in this topic and feel like spouting off here since other topics might result in a ban but....

As a black male am I the only one bothered that it took until Sandy Hook for people to start getting serious about gun control in America.
Black man to black man: get used to that shit.

Doesn't even phase me anymore. Kids getting killed in urban areas annually is accepted, and thus acceptable to some degree to the masses. You might catch a 60 Minutes expose about it every couple of years, but by and large no fucks are given.

As soon as the numbers start sliding up in suburbia, shit gets real and it becomes a national emergency because it destroys the presumed sense of separation and safety suburbia is supposed to enjoy.

To that end, I try not to think about how this might have been covered had this happened in Chicago or Detroit, Compton or Atlanta.

FreeMufasa
goes hard in the muthafuckin paint

FreeMufasa
got a main chick, got a mistress,
a couple girlfriends, I'm so hood rich
FreeMufasa
poompoom

FreeMufasa
money, cash, hoes
money, cash, hoes

FreeMufasa
PRREEEEEEEASE

FreeMufasa
Will teach you engrish
atop his large penis

Parallax

I've been talking to my Mom about this since the shooting. Minority kids get killed here and not much of a word. But the opposite and its a national tragedy. Hearing people talking about crying over this also throws me for a loop too. But I guess its to be expected

In inner cities there are shootings everyday and yet for years all people ever do is basically say "What a shame" and thats it. People would usually feel bad for maybe 5 minutes and then go about their day but now they seem to be fixated on taking away guns.

Now I understand that the magnitude is different but I feel like this just shows the value of race disparity in the country.

Sandy Hook was terrible and I felt sickened as my mother is a teacher and I have siblings and relatives in elementary school.

At the same time I honestly feel like had it happened to an inner black school in Chicago the media reaction would be different.

Trayvon Martin happened and nobody was calling for a ban on guns, as a matter of fact you had some people even defending Zimmerman saying he was doing his job or that Trayvon was a thug.

A few weeks ago a guy shot a car full of black teenagers at a gas station because their music was too loud and killed one of them and that made a little stir throughout Florida but nobody was calling for a ban on guns.

To reiterate, im not downplaying the tragedy at Sandy Hook as it was a disgusting event and very saddening but im only inquiring as to why did it take so long for people to get serious about the gun debate in our country.

Pulling the "race card" is incredibly stupid in my opinion but in this instance I feel like it may be a valid point. It pains me to even say this but I honestly think the reaction nationwide would be much more different had the race roles been reversed.

I've had the same thoughts as well.No one cares unless it happens "where its not supposed to".

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I remember there was a high school shooting at a football game my junior year. Shit wasn't even front page on the newspaper.

3 people were shot and 1 guy (a relative of a player) was killed.
Final Fantasy XIII just hit 10 bucks on Gamefly used sale.

Time to see if DY was right about this shit.

As long as you don't expect the greatest game of all time like the droves of people that followed the hype train start to finish, you'll be fine. Enjoy the ride. Best presentation, soundtrack, and battle system in recent memory.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just finished NiJ.

*bows to FreeMufasa*

You should totally have a blog. Or get someone to put your memoirs in a blog, would be worth it for the various stories alone. Excellent shit.
got a message on gaf from someone before saying I was fucking it up for black people.
Salty tears never tasted so sweet.
RIP slay.

KfcBucket.jpg
This is just a setback. Slay will rise again.

123-1.jpg
Pulling the "race card" is incredibly stupid in my opinion but in this instance I feel like it may be a valid point.

"And look at where it's at: middle America
Now it's a tragedy
Now it's so sad to see
An upper class city having this happening"

Sometimes you don't realize how much you've matured until it slaps you in the face.

I went on a date last night and ran into a chick that looked like a greek/italian version of Maria Ozawa with more bust. She invited me to her place and turns out she's a huge gamer and into all sorts of anime. She literally has some anime running on netflix via ps3 when I roll in.

My younger self would have been in love with the idea of this. In fact it would be a dream.

She's got a cat and ends up putting on some anime music openings. She really wants to visit Japan and she's showing me her anime drawings, pictures from cons with her dressed as characters from Garenn Lagan, etc.

She was fine and all but I was just thinking, " man I don't know if I'm about this life anymore."

Shit is super unattractive. My teenage self would literally kill me for missing out on a girl like this though.

what to do

Parallax

Sometimes you don't realize how much you've matured until it slaps you in the face.

I went on a date last night and ran into a chick that looked like a greek/italian version of Maria Ozawa with more bust. She invited me to her place and turns out she's a huge gamer and into all sorts of anime. She literally has some anime running on netflix via ps3 when I roll in.

My younger self would have been in love with the idea of this. In fact it would be a dream.

She's got a cat and ends up putting on some anime music openings. She really wants to visit Japan and she's showing me her anime drawings, pictures from cons with her dressed as characters from Garenn Lagan, etc.

She was fine and all but I was just thinking, " man I don't know if I'm about this life anymore."

Shit is super unattractive. My teenage self would literally kill me for missing out on a girl like this though.

what to do

Is she all about that anime life? Is there more to her than just that? Hell, is she cute? There's a lot of factors to take in.

Top Bottom