• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

RedSwirl

Dark Faze if she's older than say 20 and still fixated on anime, fuckin' bail dude.

Man my anime watching has gone way down over the last couple years, but I feel like it isn't because my enthusiasm has waned, but because the industry as a whole just went somewhere I didn't wanna go. I have a feeling that if it wasn't all moe and high school drama I'd still at least be watching a lot of anime. Not blaring sound tracks where other people can hear and spoutin' off random Japanese, but still watching it.

Last new anime show I was crazy about was Michiko to Hatchin four years ago. Jormingand is pretty good but it didn't keep my interest like Black Lagoon did (still waiting on Roberta's Blood Trail dub).

I'll buy a Blu-Ray here and there like RedLine, Summer Wars, or Sword of the Stranger. If I wasn't broke I'd be all over the anime BRs that came out this holiday.

Just look at the shit that came out in the last month or so:
Tenchi OVA 1 & 2
Tenchi movie collection
Lain
Hellsing Ultimate 1-8
Black Lagoon

Satch

Banned
did he lie?
bhuHH.gif

did he lie?
bhuHH.gif

Not at all.

Post-Sandy, this "inner city violence" is starting to become a bit more talked about I think. I'm hoping that once the mourning period ends, it becomes a major part of the discussion. At some point, America is going to need to acknowledge that these lone wolf maniacs aren't the biggest problem.

DominoKid

Man my anime watching has gone way down over the last couple years, but I feel like it isn't because my enthusiasm has waned, but because the industry as a whole just went somewhere I didn't wanna go. I have a feeling that if it wasn't all moe and high school drama I'd still at least be watching a lot of anime. Not blaring sound tracks where other people can hear and spoutin' off random Japanese, but still watching it.

Agreed.

Theres a show or 2 every season worth following, but most of its traaaaaaaash. I never imagined all this moe cutesy bullshit would become the most popular stuff.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It counts as thread whining though. If he had made his own thread about it, he may not have been banned.

I'll be sure to wave that example around every time someone takes a thread about a soldier or cop dying and turns it into "all cops/soldiers are shitbags because words"

Imm0rt4l

Last new anime show I was crazy about was Michiko to Hatchin four years ago. Jormingand is pretty good but it didn't keep my interest like Black Lagoon did (still waiting on Roberta's Blood Trail dub).

I'll buy a Blu-Ray here and there like RedLine, Summer Wars, or Sword of the Stranger. If I wasn't broke I'd be all over the anime BRs that came out this holiday.

Just look at the shit that came out in the last month or so:
Tenchi OVA 1 & 2
Tenchi movie collection
Lain
Hellsing Ultimate 1-8
Black Lagoon

Moe is the worst thing to happen to anime. Doesn't help that shonens and most anime are filed wit the same tropes that are so fucking tired. Also, the japanese seem to have a proclivity for poor story telling and this extends into gaming. Overly complicated storylines =/= a good one. *looks at Kingdom Hearts.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
so what Christmas (insert your holiday here) gifts are you giving or want ?

got my bro a few games and my moms an ipad

I asked for a NI maschine but sadly my interest in making music seems to have died in the last month. may not even get this but who knows

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Slay kept it too real. We warn each other about this all of the time.

Yeah I was thinking that too. He kept it real but unfortunately most people can't handle that objectively .... You can keep it realer in Community than in OT and even realer here but in OT you know some some feathers will be ruffled and some feelings will be hurt. Plus he's been poking that nest with a stick for a while now.

How long is the ban for? does anyone know?

#FreeSlay

Also can someone send me part 3 of FreeMufasa's story. PT 1 & 2 were inspiring.

Judging people by their interests isn't the best thing.

HOWEVER! If she's obsessed with it to the point where it's actually a personality trait, I'd say leave.

The way he was talking about it, it sounded less likely she just watches it to watch it and actually kind of gets a bit too immersed I dunno.

Yeah I was thinking that too. He kept it real but unfortunately most people can't handle that objectively .... You can keep it realer in Community than in OT and even realer here but in OT you know some some feathers will be ruffled and some feelings will be hurt. Plus he's been poking that nest with a stick for a while now.

How long is the ban for? does anyone know?

#FreeSlay

Also can someone send me part 3 of FreeMufasa's story. PT 1 & 2 were inspiring.

3 weeks.

FyreWulff

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the Slayven, `Nevermore.'

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Two posts diverged in a wood, and he--
he took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

G-Fex

Man I hate anime and haven't watched any in say years

Can't even deal with games using the anime style art

RIP though Slayven

What the fuck is up with Japanese writers and having characters randomly saying somebody's name.

"*something, something, something*"

"G-Fex..."

--

"*something profound or some declaration*"

"G-Fex!"

why

whyyyyyy

It's not even just anime, either! Japanese video games do this shit all the time. I've lost count how many times Snake will randomly drop "Colonel!" or "Otacon..." in the middle of a damn conversation for no reason

No one talks like this, Japan

DominoKid

Dramatic effect ftw.

I always wonder how many anime tropes i miss in my own writing. Because that's basically the style I learned how to write with.

G-Fex

Hahahahahaha I think the thing that really bugged me was the random soft exhale the girls do in anime

The guys do it too but it sounds like a grunt

Top Bottom