• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Well he just signed for 2 mil to Def Jam iirc, plus he's gonna be the new hot feature guy (like 2 chaaaaaaaaaaaainz) so he's connected as fuck now.

But 2 Chainz is kinda nice on the mic, he got a nice flow. Trinidan James is ehhhhhhhh, he is going to be the type of rapper that really depends on his beats and production. Cause his lyrics and flow is straight doodoo.

I would never nut in a chick that isn't 'my girl'. I dunno, some brothers just be bugging out when they get inside of pussy.

I've only comed in 3 woman. This player has 11 fucking kids. Crazy...

DominoKid

its cause they used the transformation machine as a crutch for their shitty writing. even Jaleel couldn't carry the show at that point. but he damn sure gave his best effort.
the first time he turned into Bruce Lee (in the barfight) is the GOAT Family Matters moment. then they went back to that one again and again and ruined it.

I would never nut in a chick that isn't 'my girl'. I dunno, some brothers just be bugging out when they get inside of pussy.

I've only comed in 3 woman. This player has 11 fucking kids. Crazy...

that had me dying laughing.

Kreed

Just saw Django Unchained. Anyone who was worried about the critics/criticisms about this movie that have been posted in this topic/others...don't. It's a good movie. N-word usage and all (which wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting after all the complaints). Spike Lee is officially an old man yelling at a cloud.

I got lost in Wikipedia the other day, and found out Family Matters actually had a storyline with a clone. That stayed around. In canon.

90s man, 90s. Nostalgia-glasses for a lot of stuff back then.

Like movies. I'm watching Escape From L.A. and Snake's basketball scene w/ Not Young Castro and Steve Buscemi. This...just really isn't that good, even with me liking Kurt Russell, Carpenter, and that universal in general. Back then? My brother loved it--Snake was the shit, etc.

A lot of bad 90s cartoons too. Swat Kats, Biker Mice From Mars...of course, Batman:TAS redeems the entire era by itself.

And I'll see Django tomorrow. I've heard a lot of good things though

Just saw Django Unchained. Anyone who was worried about the critics/criticisms about this movie that have been posted in this topic/others...don't. It's a good movie. N-word usage and all (which wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting after all the complaints). Spike Lee is officially an old man yelling at a cloud.

Not having seen it, this reminds me of the Twain Nigger complaints and why the book should be censored. Sorta misses the point.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Swat kats was not a bad cartoon. Also surprised there isn't more love from 90 babies for Mighty Max and Gargoyles. Both were actually dark as fuck for kid shows.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I just figure if you're going to make a whole shit ton of babies and not really settle down, at least be more picky about looks or something. It's shallow as fuck but come on.

I feel you. I half expected to see dimes, but he kept throwing pennies and nickels at the screen.

edit: wtf. Swat Kats was dope.

harSon

Banned

Naw, the usage of "Nigger" and "Nigga" was definitely excessive. The word was commonplace in the Antebellum South, and in that regard Tarantino was justified in using it a lot, but they weren't embedding "Nigger" and "Nigga" into words to create slang. That was purely for comedic value.

This isn't nearly as bad as that thread about Animaniacs being a bad cartoon, but still. I'm watching you.

I have never stated Animaniacs or Tiny Toons was a bad cartoon--quite the opposite. I feel the same about Freakazoid.

Who could forget the "Finger Prince" joke?

Come on psycho robots, a cat version of the Lizard, aerial fights..... What more could you want from a Hanna Barbara cartoon?

A lot, I look at that in the same way I look at a lot of 90's comics--too exxxtreme.

Swat kats was not a bad cartoon. Also surprised there isn't more love from 90 babies for Mighty Max and Gargoyles. Both were actually dark as fuck for kid shows.

Gargoyles was good. I still think that Batman:TAS is probably the finest show from that era; I just remember there being more crap than quality, but the gems were diamonds.

ReiGun

Everyone brings up finger Prince, but I honestly thought that was a pretty weak joke. In fact, I didn't love the Warners nearly as much as I loved other bits in the Animaniacs. Slappy, the Good Feathers, and of course Pinky and the Brain.

Swat Kats was lame. Gargoyles was my shit. I didn't really appreciate B:TAS till I got older and started watching reruns.

Kreed

Naw, the usage of "Nigger" and "Nigga" was definitely excessive. The word was commonplace in the Antebellum South, and in that regard Tarantino was justified in using it a lot, but they weren't embedding "Nigger" and "Nigga" into words to create slang. That was purely for comedic value.

I can agree it was excessive in regards to the 1850s and being "historically accurate". The problem is most of the criticisms are saying it was excessive for any modern film regardless of the time period. There was one review posted in here a few pages ago for example where the guys were saying this film broke "N word records", even beyond shows like the Boondocks. And I definitely don't agree with those comments.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I fucking can't. I almost quit when laffy taffy came on. But then I got to the 10 baby mamas and the hierarchy... Nope

so you missed the part about his new girlfriend that's "almost the same age as his oldest kids"?

Damn...... How did it happen?

He is/was a big dope boy in Bankhead before he started rapping. In college I used to gamble in trap houses and barber shops. We got him for a good about of money (my boy put his Caddy up) but before we made it to the car we got robbed by two stick up dudes with 9's. Found out later they were Shawty Lo's shooters. THEN he blew up in rap like a year later.

DominoKid

He is/was a big dope boy in Bankhead before he started rapping. In college I used to gamble in trap houses and barber shops. We got him for a good about of money (my boy put his Caddy up) but before we made it to the car we got robbed by two stick up dudes with 9's. Found out later they were Shawty Lo's shooters. THEN he blew up in rap like a year later.

youre braver than me. either one i'd be afraid i'd get cut.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I...have never watched this show. Were not for the internet, I wouldn't know it exists.

Good, but Hanna barbera fucked the series over

so you missed the part about his new girlfriend that's "almost the same age as his oldest kids"?

I.... Nope

Damn natural. I didn't know you got down like that. And he's a garbage rapper on top of all that... .

Top Bottom