• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

I must be the only dude that spends New Years at home. I like feeling safe that night just in case. Too many drunk people swerving on the streets that night. Gonna catch Django and Les Miserables or the Hobbit today.

I usually stay home. 99 I was in time square..........never doing that again.

G-Fex

I must be the only dude that spends New Years at home. I like feeling safe that night just in case. Too many drunk people swerving on the streets that night. Gonna catch Django and Les Miserables or the Hobbit today.

Yeah i'm calling off of work cause frankly I'm too scared to be driving on this night.

tumblr_lz5o7dW3Hy1r4lnqr.gif

I'm going over to a friend's place in a couple hours for a New Year's party.

...It's LOTR-themed.

2413383_o.gif

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Dark skinned people worked for Sauron. Isnt it funny how he had every race of middle earth on his side, yet all the fair skinned hobbits, dwarfs, humans and elves worked together, hmmmmm.........
Tolkien had a big hard on for dat Anglo-Saxon for sure. He goes on and on about the fair skinned beauty of a lot of the elves versus the horrible wretched Orcs and the dark-skinned evil men of Dunland. Fantasy is pretty whitewashed in general, same shit happens with CS Lewis and others.

Love LOTR though I wouldn't dress up. I was invited to a Harry Potter themed party and I was the only one who didn't dress up, everyone else had full blown robes and wands.

I said I was going as a muggle, LOL

Got nerdy in here real quick.

RedSwirl

Tolkien had a big hard on for dat Anglo-Saxon for sure. He goes on and on about the fair skinned beauty of a lot of the elves versus the horrible wretched Orcs and the dark-skinned evil men of Dunland. Fantasy is pretty whitewashed in general, same shit happens with CS Lewis and others.

Love LOTR though I wouldn't dress up. I was invited to a Harry Potter themed party and I was the only one who didn't dress up, everyone else had full blown robes and wands.

Yeah. The whole purpose of Tolkien's lore though was to basically create a mythology for Great Britain since they didn't have a lot outside of Arthur.

DominoKid

Harry Potter is probably the only thing I'd nerd out and dress up for.

Just ordered a logitech h600 for the podcast. If others sound just as good during practice runs I'll return it and get a cheaper headset.

Don't get styled on.

Fantomex

Just saw Django. Great movie. But seeing black people like that really hit me man, got me all angry and hurt about this country's past. I mean just realizing ownership of another human being ever being acceptable is bananas.

Great movie, great action scenes and hella dope soundtrack. I won't ruin the song selection but it fits the film so good.

harSon

Banned
Fuck being broke.

My friends hit up Vegas for the New Year, but I was too broke to make the plunge. Now I'm at home without shit to do for New Years...

harSon

Banned
Why not visit the hood homie. It's got "character."

San Jose's "hood" is a middle class suburb at best.

And ya'll are twisting my words! I didn't say anything about living in a hood or project, I was talking about the seedy part of town. The shit in between the rich white suburbs and neighborhood you're willing to take the 10 minute detour to get around when going from point A to point B. It's not 100% dangerous, but it's not 100% safe either. It's not comprised of nothing but wealthy white folk, and it's got a little color too it.

I guess not every city has it, but in San Jose, if you're looking for shit to do or something to eat, you're likely heading to East San Jo or Downtown... which outside of a few areas, are probably San Jose's seedy areas. Unless you want to shop at Whole Food or nab some Starbucks, their ain't shit to do in the nice parts of town.

Putting together a google doc to gather everyone's info for future podcasting goodness.

-Please only input and alter your own information.
-I know everyone here has enough sense not to fuck it up, but it is going to be edit-able by anyone who gets the link so there's always a possibility of the info getting out. Not to scare anyone or anything but there's no such thing as too safe, case in point; I created a new skype, aim and e-mail just for this.

+With that being said, send me a PM and I'll send you a link to the google doc.

Happy New Year.

DominoKid

happy new year.

new years resolution: i will not be this bitter and irritable this time next year.

i don't think i've smiled all day.

Top Bottom