• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

BHZ Mayor

US_Navy_021023-N-4211M-001_21_gun_salute_at_Naval_Air_Station_Lemoore.jpg

to Devo and Scooter. They should be honored for those etherings.

Don't really understand what happened in that thread. Either Devo and NinjaScooter got banned for being disrespectful and specialguy got banned for being a crazy simp or they got banned for clowning an obvious troll thread and specialguy got banned for being a troll...

G-Fex

Don't really understand what happened in that thread. Either Devo and NinjaScooter got banned for being disrespectful and specialguy got banned for being a crazy simp or they got banned for clowning an obvious troll thread and specialguy got banned for being a troll...

the thing is I don't see why a few other people weren't banned if that was the case, why only devo and Ninja? Cause they had the best comebacks?

Kreed

They were probably banned for being disrespectful, but I didn't see anything deserving of a ban IMO. The mods maybe getting stricter with insults than they were in the past.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
#dead
lmao at the s.g. thread

edit: s.g. is master level troll

Devo and Scooter died for our sins

the thing is I don't see why a few other people weren't banned if that was the case, why only devo and Ninja? Cause they had the best comebacks?

hopefully dy can shed some light on this, pretty sure they are supposed to do the blackcast soon anyway

but yea, thread makes no sense at all

i dont see any proof that it was a troll thread though. hurt feelings can make you do crazy things...

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
i dont see any proof that it was a troll thread though. hurt feelings can make you do crazy things...

see I was thinking this at first too (even with the ironic user name)
but at the very end he went too hard for it to be reality

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It was an unnecessary ban. They got suckered in by a troll. And by the time anyone took notice it was too late

DominoKid

it was probably a troll thread
but they basically got banned for being assholes about it. you can be an asshole and still be right.
either way it was a hilarious thread. they got some good burns in. Scooter won that thread.

Fantomex

it was probably a troll thread
but they basically got banned for being assholes about it. you can be an asshole and still be right.
either way it was a hilarious thread. they got some good burns in. Scooter won that thread.

I honestly didn't get the Beta pic though. Was he saying "you're not special"?

Few days away from "So Well Spoken"s first attempt.

We currently only have 1 talking point: Django Unchained. Which we may not even discuss if DY is too busy stirring similac to go to his local theater.

Any ideas?

Fiscal Cliff
Kanye and Kims baby

I got nothing

Fiscal Cliff.....ain't got time for that.
Kanye/Kim? We could probably spend a minute or so on that

FreeMufasa's epic, and how it may or may not have influenced you.

Would be hilarious but I think it's too inclusive. Would be awesome to have FM himself on the chat about it and due a Q&A but from what I understand Mufasa doesn't want his business aired out like that.

Life experiences, and are they any different from location to location

That could work.

You have to understand your audience. From what I thought, the podcast was just gonna be for BlackGAF so it wouldn't be too much insider info to discuss it.

And even then, I wasn't talking about going page by page or anything. Just a "FM's story...remember that shit? Alright, ya'll think you could do that?"

It's just a topic pitch, though. No matter if it doesn't get picked.

You have to understand your audience. From what I thought, the podcast was just gonna be for BlackGAF so it wouldn't be too much insider info to discuss it.

And even then, I wasn't talking about going page by page or anything. Just a "FM's story...remember that shit? Alright, ya'll think you could do that?"

It's just a topic pitch, though. No matter if it doesn't get picked.

I want to make a topic in OT to promote the cast, if nothing else could help get fresh blood in here and let people know this place still exists.

With that in mind, not sure if FM would sign off on further exposing his grand epic.

So I rolled up with a black sister (first time in a minute) at about 3 in the morning last night on some ghetto I still live with a 5 person family ish.

Never again.

Every creek and small house noise had me catchin a deep sweat that this dude would roll up at any moment:

5683d84f298f709a213b553a8b7b6e5a.jpg

Few days away from "So Well Spoken"s first attempt.

We currently only have 1 talking point: Django Unchained. Which we may not even discuss if DY is too busy stirring similac to go to his local theater.

Any ideas?

Rap Cars
Self Hating Negroes: Stephen, Uncle Ruckus, Measley
The Black man's greatest weakness?
Is the Natural (one of the founding fathers of the Black Culture thread) simply too black for Podcast?
WHOOTY

harSon

Banned
Rap Cars
Self Hating Negroes: Stephen, Uncle Ruckus, Measley
The Black man's greatest weakness?
Is the Natural (one of the founding fathers of the Black Culture thread) simply too black for Podcast?
WHOOTY

If this podcasts devolves into whooties, grits and preferred cocoa butter brands, I'ma lose it....

Fantomex

Question. I've never seen The Wire. I hear it's great but also very depressing. What do you guys think? Should I buy the series or get a season first and then see if I like it? I just can't stand sad shows/movies.

Question. I've never seen The Wire. I hear it's great but also very depressing. What do you guys think? Should I buy the series or get a season first and then see if I like it? I just can't stand sad shows/movies.

It's one of those shows you want to watch once a week on Sunday nights.

If you marathon it you'll want to end yourself.

Its good, really good. It does have its sad moments, but its one of those shows that everyone should experience.

DominoKid

Unscented lotion or nothing at all.

Scented lotion fucks up the cologne scent you should be going for. IMO. Too many scents is a bad thing. One good, unique one makes you memorable.

the vaseline brand isnt as nearly strong as the palmers. i had to stop using palmers in HS. i had big chicks telling me i smelled like chocolate.

Unscented lotion or nothing at all.

Scented lotion fucks up the cologne scent you should be going for. IMO. Too many scents is a bad thing. One good, unique one makes you memorable.

Lotion might work for the light skinnened bra's but I need something a little thicker. I put lotion on my skin and it's dry again in 10 minutes.

When I was younger I used to use vaseline and coco butter but I've since upgraded:

Shea_Buttera1.jpg

DominoKid

Lotion might work for the light skinnened bra's but I need something a little thicker. I put lotion on my skin and it's dry again in 10 minutes.

When I was younger I used to use vaseline and coco butter but I've since upgraded:

http://www.africansheabutter.org/Shea_Buttera1.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

i never really thought skin dryness was color related...

you aint exactly wesley snipes bruh

just sayin

Reminds me of this white girl who was shocked when I was putting lotion on my feet one day when I was wearing flip flops.

" Is that..okay?"

And I'm like "You don't use lotion?"

And then I looked at her feet and they were dry as hell if you looked hard enough...but of course she's white so its hard to tell.

ugh

i never really thought skin dryness was color related...

Hell yeah, the lighter you are the easier it is to hide the ash. It got cold for a little bit here in FL and my girl was scratching the shit out of her arms. I'm like "Baby you just need some lotion or something." Low and behold a little shea butter and she's all good. Girl had been ashy for weeks and didn't even know!

And then I looked at her feet and they were dry as hell if you looked hard enough...but of course she's white so its hard to tell.

Exactly.

Top Bottom