• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

DY - onemic - Moris - Imm0rt4l

Friday 8PM Eastern

Tentative Topics:

1. Race: Treatment received in your hometown and away.

2. Django Unchained (depending on whether or not DY has seen it yet)

Hope to have it available for download/stream by Saturday.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No one got mad when you came in here.

Its still an open forum no matter what goes on. Thinking this place is some thread is some kind "hiding spot" is just going to get you fucked up. Its happened to others.

I've always gotten that feeling about this thread more than any other, honestly. No offense to people who just post here regularly, but anytime I see some drama on OT, and I recognize one of the posters from here, I'll go to check if the Black Culture thread's been updated.

And yup.
What kind of black women do y'all like?

Taneish Simpson
tumblr_ljlg8oED0Q1qi9742o1_500.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've always gotten that feeling about this thread more than any other, honestly. No offense to people who just post here regularly, but anytime I see some drama on OT, and I recognize one of the posters from here, I'll go to check if the Black Culture thread's been updated.

There was a big reason for that at first. There used to be several members in blackgaf that would go out of their way to lay down an informative post in any variation of race thread or something similar and it would lead back here either as its own discussion or to vent from the stone wall that GAF puts up to anything. Just yesterday someone compared OWS to the civil rights movement. Most of the remaining people here that would show the giveafuck have simply lost the patience for it. So there were plenty of times that people would simply bring it back here instead of going on and getting into an all too common circular argument regarding semantics, what some feel is common knowledge, etc. Its very easy to adopt that attitude for all things too. Also, many people here have ties in other communities. I used to play P4A with onem1c, I've been talking basketball with a lot of these guys for years, Dreams and I see eye to eye on certain issues because we've both done a lot of community work, etc. Its just necessary to draw that line at times.

Dem feet .... mmmm, jk

She is fine as hell though.

I can't do a chick's nails, no matter how in love with her I am. That was some straight foolishness on Dante's part. Back when I was living with some of my friends, one of them would bring his girl over (which wasn't a big deal). But when we were chilling in the living room, he would take off her shoes and socks for her...and kiss her feet right afterwards. This is the same gotdamn area where we would play games and eat, etc. We didn't have the heart to clown him...at least in front of his girl. Once she left, the gloves came off.

Riggs

Banned
I can't do a chick's nails, no matter how in love with her I am. That was some straight foolishness on Dante's part. Back when I was living with some of my friends, one of them would bring his girl over (which wasn't a big deal). But when we were chilling in the living room, he would take off her shoes and socks for her...and kiss her feet right afterwards. This is the same gotdamn area where we would play games and eat, etc. We didn't have the heart to clown him...at least in front of his girl. Once she left, the gloves came off.

Ah shit you caught me before my edit lol. Nice of you to not clown him infront of his girl my friends definitely would of been assholes hah.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Damn, no shame?

I'm just gonna ignore that Romney post, and pretend like Dash didn't say that. Still love of my life. Rihanna up their for me to I think

Django was the movie I always wondered why it hadn't been made already. Excellent. Though hearing corny giggling at every utterance of the word "nigger" was grating.

Fantomex

Django was the movie I always wondered why it hadn't been made already. Excellent. Though hearing corny giggling at every utterance of the word "nigger" was grating.

Really? I was in the OC full of white people and none of them people dared laugh at that except the purposely funny parts. Probably helped a lot of us minorities were in there too maybe?

Yeah I didn't have that problem. I did have some ignorant ass young kids sitting behind me that felt the need to make comments during the quite parts.

"Oh hell naw!"

"DAMN!"

Yeah I knew better than going to that theater but w/e...didn't let it ruin my experience.

phaonaut

DY - onemic - Moris - Imm0rt4l

Friday 8PM Eastern

Tentative Topics:

1. Race: Treatment received in your hometown and away.

2. Django Unchained (depending on whether or not DY has seen it yet)

Hope to have it available for download/stream by Saturday.

Do it live on ustream, save you the step of archiving/uploading.

G-Fex

No one got mad when you came in here.

Its still an open forum no matter what goes on. Thinking this place is some thread is some kind "hiding spot" is just going to get you fucked up. Its happened to others.

Yeah I know. I'm not going to say anything

DominoKid

I've had a crush on Essence Atkins for what feels like my entire life.

essence-atkins-tiger-jam-xii-reception-yQQfW6.jpg

I had a friend that looks like her but thicker. Well she did, but I aint seen her in 3 years so idk how she looks now. Probably fat based on the trajectory tbh.

I woulda tried to smash but I couldnt see past the 10 year old her that she was when we became friends. Shit was weird.

Top Bottom