• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
childrenofxfv.jpg

heh. welcome back.

For those that saw Django:

Do you think Tarantino took the exception white man does everything better than the cultural originators he learned from film trope and turned it around. Like in the film, the "white man's" trade was brutality and killing, Django learned it... and mastered it. Even when he was playing his character role he was able to be extremely cold and ruthless towards slaves.

harSon

Banned

Do you think Tarantino took the exception white man does everything better than the cultural originators he learned from film trope and turned it around. Like in the film, the "white man's" trade was brutality and killing, Django learned it... and mastered it. Even when he was playing his character role he was able to be extremely cold and ruthless towards slaves.

Nope.

Tarantino's films are very empty in terms of underlying themes and overarching social commentary. I doubt very much he was attempting to do anything with the film outside of paying homage to his inspirations and make a badass revenge film.

Its because he liked popeyes

Wb slay.

So black gaf im a week in to my diet or just about a week in and it feels like everytime i eat something 20min-1hr later im hungry. Fucking hate eating small portions. All i want is some fried chicken and mac and cheese. Hell my mom is trying sabotage it. You cant bring in quarter pounders in with knowing i would want one. Its so far has been grilled chicken breast all day.

Try going on a low-carb diet if possible. You don't have to pay attention to calories as much, and that combined with the fact that you're eating nothing but meat, vegetables and fruit in moderation, means that A) You're eating more food since Meat/Vegetables aren't as calorie dense as carb heavy alternatives B) You're fuller for longer considering meat (especially fatty meats) and vegetables give you a much more satisfying full than carbs.

I don't think that was an intention. He does love to show us scenes of violence that we're appalled anybody could enjoy(Candie cheering on the brutal Mandingo fight), and then 30 minutes later has us cheering and laughing as Django blows away a bunch of mothafuckas, blood flying everywhere, people crying and dying in brutal ways. He does a similar move in Inglorious Basterds. We're right there with the soldier in the theater, disgusted how everybody in the movie theater is enjoying all the mass slaughter of human lives on film...then 10 minutes later the Basterds show up and blast up the whole joint and now WE are in the theaters watching the film, laughing it up at all the ultraviolence.

We like to pretend we're a more enlightened folks than these slave-traders and nazis, but we're all human in the end, aren't we?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
PM'd back and forth. Had no idea this was through Skype. Had to get my other laptop out.

Gorillaz

You kno a movie is terrible when the narrator/voiceover sounds low budget.

I thought cedric had some pocket change atleast from hosting the soul train awards.

FyreWulff

I'm not sure Keenan is much better off, considering how much of a racist fuck Lorne Michaels is and the fact that he owns your ass once your SNL run ends for at least 3 movies or so.

I mean payment wise yeah, he's doing better. But I still consider SNL a sudden left turn in Keenan's career

#done

#technicaldifficulties

#fuckdaknicks

Listening to it now. I think onemic and myself got cut off around 10 minutes in, it still listenable. Haven't gotten to the mic troubles part yet, I think with some editing it can be saved.

If nothing else I think it was good to get more comfortable with each other. Thank you alcohol.

Harson where are you? Ready for the next one?

Top Bottom