• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Can't leave black women alone

thumb-php.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just watched Above The Rim
tumblr_mfcn3iHdbg1qa0scro1_500.jpg

I was probably in the minority of thinking, ' I miss Bernie Mac' and then going, 'oh yeah 2pac's dead too, huh?'

Saw Django

Was actually much tamer than I thought it would be as a QT film. Thoroughly enjoyed it though. The term nigga starts basically being used as the way it is NOW in modern days. Like "get dat nigga a beer.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
last night at work a guy handed me a 10$ bill that was sticky and the first thing tgat came to my mind was that Timedog thread
Haha...yuck.

I was at a fancy restaurant (place with marble sinks and hand towels etc.) drying my hands and they had a little place to sit down so I did. Someone asked me for a hand towel and handed me 10 bucks. I think they thought I was one of those bathroom assistant people.

akira28

Haha...yuck.

I was at a fancy restaurant (place with marble sinks and hand towels etc.) drying my hands and they had a little place to sit down so I did. Someone asked me for a hand towel and handed me 10 bucks. I think they thought I was one of those bathroom assistant people.

Hrm...might be a new way to score an extra $50 during lunch hour.

Thought of a new term the other night. Whenever white people look at you crazy or shocked that are doing something they don't expect or something that's "exemplary" in their eyes (because of their low expectations) I call it the Django Effect.

Go to a business interview or meeting to introduce yourself for the first time after speaking with someone on the phone and find yourself facing those big wide eyes. That's the Django Effect at work.

I used to go out on my buddies Yact a couple of years ago and people would pass us in the water and gave us the same looks as Django did on that horse.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
black gaf there is only one right answer when it comes to store brought ice cream

B4GY6.jpg

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Welcome back, Slay.
The better question is can modern kanye outdouche mayer.
I don't know anything about Mayer but I have a feeling Ye strayed into that territory more, Mayer was just born douche. idgaf either way, still one of the best artists ever (kanye) and I'm used to my favorites having ass personalities in real life (see: billy corgen).

So Well Spoken #1 is happening tonight.

Hopefully all goes well. I may be getting ahead of myself but I have a couple topics lined up.

#2 Django Unchained.
For consistency's sake I want to keep the current group and rotate BCT fam in at the 5th seat.

Harson called dibs on Django talk, Soundscream seems like a logical second in line, if neither can make it we'll worry about that when we cross that bridge.

#3 Minorities in Games: 2012 year in review.
Devo and Topher, in that order, expressed interest in the cast. If neither can make it we'll add someone who has played a lot of 2012's games.

#TheWorldAin'tReady

Slayven

get off Slay's dick! He knows he's welcome. :3
You look like the type of dude that would hand your bro's number to chicks, cause he got unlimited and you running low in Tracphone cards.

Slay, welcome back my brother,

Slay pls

Slay no moar.
I been working out getting right, listening to Trinidad James. He is saving hip-hop.

So Well Spoken #1 is happening tonight.

Hopefully all goes well. I may be getting ahead of myself but I have a couple topics lined up.

#2 Django Unchained.
For consistency's sake I want to keep the current group and rotate BCT fam in at the 5th seat.

Harson called dibs on Django talk, Soundscream seems like a logical second in line, if neither can make it we'll worry about that when we cross that bridge.

#3 Minorities in Games: 2012 year in review.
Devo and Topher, in that order, expressed interest in the cast. If neither can make it we'll add someone who has played a lot of 2012's games.

#TheWorldAin'tReady
Will there be a live chat room?

AC3, Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 3, Xcom, Papa y Yo. It was kinda a banner year for brown people and females.

Hmm...AC3? Isn't that about Native Americans? ME3 doesn't really count. Anderson and Jacob is about all she wrote and they have bit parts. Xcom can't count, I mean its a create a character thing. I'll give you Papa y Yo. Didn't Sleeping Dogs take place in asia? Maybe there's a black character in that?

Will there be a live chat room?

Don't think so. We'll just be recording a skype conversation, tonight's will be mostly personal stories anyway.

I think the Django/Video game topics are more conducive to live chats.

Tonight we'll be skyping between the 4 of us and I'll be recording it with Pamela for Skype. I'll upload it after that. Not the most technologically savvy set up.

Hmm...AC3? Isn't that about Native Americans? ME3 doesn't really count. Anderson and Jacob is about all she wrote and they have bit parts. Xcom can't count, I mean its a create a character thing. I'll give you Papa y Yo. Didn't Sleeping Dogs take place in asia? Maybe there's a black character in that?

'Minority' covers lots of people, basically 'games where you're not a white male' is what we'll talk about.

edit: but there will be talk for sure about the lack of black characters in games.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Walking Dead is all I can think of at the moment, one of the black best characters in a long time.

EDIT: Oh general minorities opens it up a bit more. I wish Prince of Persia hadn't of white-washed the Prince since by all rights he should not be white at all.
You look like the type of dude that would hand your bro's number to chicks, cause he got unlimited and you running low in Tracphone cards.
BOOM.jpg

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
'Minority' covers lots of people, basically 'games where you're not a white male' is what we'll talk about.

edit: but there will be talk for sure about the lack of black characters in games.

don't forget Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation for Vita

(did anyone even play it?)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Cops shoot and kill, sometimes innocent, people and get off scott free. Cop curses and knee's kid in the head and gets fired. Only in America.
Only in America indeed. But he was a cocky sob, even gave his name and number to the kid recording. I'm all for bad cops getting punished, regardless of race. Too many grown up bullies and sociopaths walking around unchecked simply because they wear a badge.

Nakazato

Only played TWD first chapter. Start the game, black guy in handcuffs. SMH

Its because he liked popeyes

Wb slay.

So black gaf im a week in to my diet or just about a week in and it feels like everytime i eat something 20min-1hr later im hungry. Fucking hate eating small portions. All i want is some fried chicken and mac and cheese. Hell my mom is trying sabotage it. You cant bring in quarter pounders in with knowing i would want one. Its so far has been grilled chicken breast all day.

Top Bottom