• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just a lot of people getting angry, people getting banned and dumb stuff lately. Wanna start the year off right, looking forward to the podcast.
Tis rare for me to take up the flag and storm the beaches on behalf of the black community now too.

Not because of anything I've said in the past, though. I just...it's draining. So very draining. I'd rather recommend a book that I know they won't read than try to explain the scope and scale of issues in and around the diaspora with the level of detail that these unlearned folks can ingest, digest, absorb, and find illumination. I probably could make the time, but I don't have the patience.
Apple on the other hand...
jokes ;)

Riggs

Banned
I've made some real dumb ass posts in race threads that I regret, simply because I was coming across as an asshole. Hope no one in here thinks to poorly of me.

Also Kim K's ass and real big butts are still a no no , gotta stand my ground. But I like black girls again Dream Vision ... lol I am fucked up.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So why the hell isn't Black Panther getting a movie yet?

still trying to figure out a script where a white dude from Iowa somehow ends up in Wakanda and gets his preconceptions challenged before taking the traditional mantle of the Black Panther from a dying African king in an emergency situation

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I know how this goes Lol.

Apparently I hate white people.

Me too. And apparently I hate gays and transgendered people as well. And even if I didn't want to because I'm an asshole - I can't help it, because I'm black.

I remember someone from transgaf getting absolutely heated because I explicitly said that "some people would like to know certain things about someone that they're interested in before they get serious - if they have kids, if they're currently married, if they've ever been to jail, if they have any kind of serious illness, if they're transgender, if they're in some serious financial trouble, etc. there are a long list of potential dealbreakers at the door for people and its hard to get around that"

How in the world did I say that transgendered people are the same as diseased criminals?

Fuck it. If that's how people are gonna be, I'm done. Can't even communicate properly.
Tis rare for me to take up the flag and storm the beaches on behalf of the black community now too.

Not because of anything I've said in the past, though. I just...it's draining. So very draining.

I don't have the patience for it. Its one thing if someone comes to me and asks "why is x this way?" but its never that. Like in the Trayvon thread - I was pretty much saying that it was a vigilante crime from start to finish, but no. Somehow I'm "defending my people" or some crazy shit. That's not the case at all. Later on in the thread someone tried to compare me chasing down the bitch that hit me with a truck and choking her out to George Zimmerman. It was a guy from NFLGAF that I had never had a problem with for years. Then out of nowhere he just comes out of neck like that.

That's a big part of why I stopped giving a fuck on GAF.

Satch

Banned
I've made some real dumb ass posts in race threads that I regret, simply because I was coming across as an asshole. Hope no one in here thinks to poorly of me.

Also Kim K's ass and real big butts are still a no no , gotta stand my ground. But I like black girls again Dream Vision ... lol I am fucked up.

iY411A3yS264G.gif

Riggs

Banned
Lol satch, that's fucked up stuff DY. That entire trayvon thread helped change my opinion on the case , this was like when it just happened. Lots of under lying racist shit in that thread.

Apple on the other hand...
jokes ;)

It's so much easier. People already know most of Apple's history, since really only the last 10 years matter anyway. In the modern electronics era, discussions are just a function of people accepting trends, realities and interpretations or being fanboys.

I wish giving people an abbreviated history of 400 years of slavery and ripped apart homes and families and loss of all history and culture, followed by Jim Crow, housing segregation and disenfranchisement, education segregation and disenfranchisement, work segregation and disenfranchisement, etc...in parallel with colonialism and apartheid throughout the motherland...in parallel with the slavery and post-slavery experiences in central and south America...followed by the social and medical experimentation and forced sterilizations...the psychological costs of all the above. Explaining how that relates to blacks not feeling comfortable with Norwegan holidays where people dress up in black face or some such...it's a lot of dotted lines to connect for the uninitiated and undereducated. Which of course, is most of GAF.

I don't have the patience for it. Its one thing if someone comes to me and asks "why is x this way?" but its never that. Like in the Trayvon thread - I was pretty much saying that it was a vigilante crime from start to finish, but no. Somehow I'm "defending my people" or some crazy shit. That's not the case at all. Later on in the thread someone tried to compare me chasing down the bitch that hit me with a truck and choking her out to George Zimmerman. It was a guy from NFLGAF that I had never had a problem with for years. Then out of nowhere he just comes out of neck like that.

That's a big part of why I stopped giving a fuck on GAF.
Some people just want to argue. I learned that lesson too. Too much energy and too many emotions involved to simply entertain people's need to be contrary on the internet.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Feb is rough. As if Valentine's day isn't enough it's always between a rock and hard place in terms of media releases.
It's so much easier. People already know most of Apple's history, since really only the last 10 years matter anyway. In the modern electronics era, discussions are just a function of people accepting trends, realities and interpretations or being fanboys.

I wish giving people an abbreviated history of 400 years of slavery and ripped apart homes and families and loss of all history and culture, followed by Jim Crow, housing segregation and disenfranchisement, education segregation and disenfranchisement, work segregation and disenfranchisement, etc...in parallel with colonialism and apartheid throughout the motherland...in parallel with the slavery and post-slavery experiences in central and south America...followed by the social and medical experimentation and forced sterilizations...the psychological costs of all the above. Explaining how that relates to blacks not feeling comfortable with Norwegan holidays where people dress up in black face or some such...it's a lot of dotted lines to connect for the uninitiated and undereducated. Which of course, is most of GAF.
Very succinct. And you're right. I wish discourse felt like more than drawing lines and being rebuffed but it's rare where you see a thread and feel like a debate actually achieved enlightenment in the participants. Fucking Zwarte Piet...ugh.

DY_nasty

but sources dv

i'm not reading any of that until sources

even then, i'm not reading that

Feb is rough. As if Valentine's day isn't enough it's always between a rock and hard place in terms of media releases.

there were enough good movies and game releases this year to last for a minute

used to be that I could gamefly everything worth playing during downtimes of the year, but this years releases were just ridiculous in quantity/quality

I host meetings at my job and someone was like "when's martin luther king jr day" and immediately everyone looked at me.

SMH

Just keep the rape references to yourself and you should be fine.

After Django I got all these damn songs stuck in my head LOL
Set my ringtone to the main theme on the way home from the movie lol.

Not because of anything I've said in the past, though. I just...it's draining. So very draining. I'd rather recommend a book that I know they won't read than try to explain the scope and scale of issues in and around the diaspora with the level of detail that these unlearned folks can ingest, digest, absorb, and find illumination. I probably could make the time, but I don't have the patience.
I've gotten my fair share of haters on GAF, I just don't post in as many race threads as I used to because I'm just tired of fighting constant incoming waves of ignorant posters.

ReiGun

still trying to figure out a script where a white dude from Iowa somehow ends up in Wakanda and gets his preconceptions challenged before taking the traditional mantle of the Black Panther from a dying African king in an emergency situation

Bump that. Just put Ross in the movie.

11-15-2008+09%3B30%3B00AM.jpg

G-Fex

Oh you have sources? That's too much, I question the validity of those findings. Here's a foxnews article I found that should suffice as a rebuttal."But why isn't there a white history month?"

That's exactly what would happen.

Man I have a feeling this year Gaf will get crazy.

Riggs

Banned
Oh you have sources? That's too much, I question the validity of those findings. Here's a foxnews article I found that should suffice as a rebuttal."But why isn't there a white history month?"

Was gonna make a Blake Griffin joke but I should stop while I am ahead, not ahead at all though lol. Think I made a mistake I called Blake Griffin the last white hope in NBA GAf Errrr why I do that.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
usually I used to go out of my way to attack others, be it joke characters or a really stupid OP, but since then I've just mellowed out. There's a lot of people I do actually hate on here but I'm done going out of my way to let it be known. I'm just going to avoid them like i've been avoiding Blame Space and Eggman and so forth

Someone in a IRC channel called me a attention whore and I really was so just so I could try to become a gaf celeb and man did that backfire on me.

You hate people because of their posting habits?

DY_nasty

Is George Lucas the greatest man ever? He invented Star Wars and is marrying a black woman.

His daughters are black man bait as well.

http://celebritywonder.ugo.com/picture/Katie_Lucas/139208620.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2012/writers/loretta_hunt/02/16/amanda-lucas/lucas-st.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

leave me out of this

"But why isn't there a white history month?"
I'll have GIF and video responses for all the standard stupidity.

I'll post in that thread.

hell yea.

I'll start picking out candidates. Maybe narrow it to 50 and let our thread here vote for the top 28.

In that way, maybe it'll be the top 28 modern "most important black folk" (but with a better title). With people like Mark Dean and Neil Degrasse Tyson.

Lists with the standard fare of Harriet, Rosa, Martin and Malcolm bore me. Current, living legends? That's something to talk about.

Is George Lucas the greatest man ever? He invented Star Wars and is marrying a black woman.

His daughters are black man bait as well.

ew.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Don't you guys realize, drake changed the game? From wheelchair degrassi to jetplanes and stacks. He's a real black hero.

DY_nasty

Of course you'd come in here.

Ah gaf...

No one got mad when you came in here.

Its still an open forum no matter what goes on. Thinking this place is some thread is some kind "hiding spot" is just going to get you fucked up. Its happened to others.

harSon

Banned
Don't you guys realize, drake changed the game? From wheelchair degrassi to jetplanes and stacks. He's a real black hero.

He helped light skinned brothers stay in the game. I thought dark skinned brothers were making a move for supremacy, but Drake helped weather the storm.

Imm0rt4l

Of course you'd come in here.

Ah gaf...
Contrary to what you may believe, this isn't some sort of sanctuary. Its a spot to kick it. Can't say whatever you want with impunity, anyone can get called out. I don't know his reason for having seen your post whether he lurks this thread or searches his name, but he's well within his rights to post. I'd only take issue if he were a troll.

akira28

It's the large bosom that gets me every time.

Anyway, oh yeah, Feb is black history month. It comes every year. sometimes it lasts until May.

For film industry white dudes and the love of black women, Ebert has him beat by at least two decades

I think they've been together for a while. He's just finally putting a ring on it.

I don't hate Devo she is just annoying sometimes, I agree with almost everything she says I just don't like the way she says it sometimes. That and she can never admit she is wrong, which is not too often like I said most of time I agree with her. She is ok in my book but I don't kiss her ass either. Some people on GAf are definitely fucked up individuals though, that rape comment dude must of been alt account cuz that shit had to be a perma.

nah, that couldn't be an alt, dude posted a lot in gaming threads i read, lots of the FPS threads! and that's his gamertag too

and inevitably does battle against the unworthy evil son of the king who was raised in the UK.

Top Bottom