• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

ugh.

I went back and holy shit, people on this forum can be real assholes. That's what the bans were over.

That rape one should be a perm, that was some disgusting shit.

Sometimes I regret going into the OT. Some people seem so normal on the gaming side, then I see their post in the OT and I cant see them the same anymore.

G-Fex

That rape one should be a perm, that was some disgusting shit.

Sometimes I regret going into the OT. Some people seem so normal on the gaming side, then I see their post in the OT and I cant see them the same anymore.

I thought the OT has been pretty damn bad for a while, I try to avoid it and go to the gaming side.

That shit is awful, what the fuck.

I thought the OT has been pretty damn bad for a while, I try to avoid it and go to the gaming side.

That shit is awful, what the fuck.

Im surprised TD stayed so restrained. Even though rape dude was banned with the quickness I would have had a moment and let all that shit out, probably getting myself permed in the process.

akira28

that level of hatred would only make me stronger. but yep that was way personal and out of the blue. I would definitely see that guy taking a 2 season vacation.

DominoKid

So why do people hate Devo so much? I mean, she can come off a bit abrasive, but no more than a lot of members on Gaf.

same reason people hate DY.
they both have pretty combative styles of posting on their topics of choice.

i mean a lot of the threads they post in you can see the coming from a mile away (especially DY lol)

i like reading their posts but i won't act like there aint a few folks folks that i just plain out ignore/dont engage on certain topics because they're so into that topic

FyreWulff

I thought I had it bad with the hate site some people made to get at me
to the point that one of the ones involved came to my house
, but there's some straight up psycho people out there that have some obsession against certain GAF posters.

I'd almost be convinced that the GAF administration just bans certain GAFfers once in a while to fish out the crazies that think it's suddenly okay to be a scary fuck once their target is banned.

same reason people hate DY.
they both have pretty combative styles of posting on their topics of choice.

i mean a lot of the threads they post in you can see the coming from a mile away (especially DY lol)

i like reading their posts but i won't act like there aint a few folks folks that i just plain out ignore/dont engage on certain topics because they're so into that topic

Thats no excuse for what some of these guys do. If you get shot down for being an idiot, dont take that rage into a totally unrelated thread and start off with personal attacks.

Riggs

Banned
I don't hate Devo she is just annoying sometimes, I agree with almost everything she says I just don't like the way she says it sometimes. That and she can never admit she is wrong, which is not too often like I said most of time I agree with her. She is ok in my book but I don't kiss her ass either. Some people on GAf are definitely fucked up individuals though, that rape comment dude must of been alt account cuz that shit had to be a perma.

DominoKid

Thats no excuse for what some of these guys do. If you get shot down for being an idiot, dont take that rage into a totally unrelated thread and start off with personal attacks.

see and i agree because one of the other forum i post on a lot, personal attacks fly like machine gun bullets. it's funny in its own way but it's crossed over into real life shit for some of those folks.

but internets = serious business and all that.

I don't hate Devo she is just annoying sometimes, I agree with almost everything she says I just don't like the way she says it sometimes. That and she can never admit she is wrong, which is not too often like I said most of time I agree with her. She is ok in my book but I don't kiss her ass either. Some people on GAf are definitely fucked up individuals though, that rape comment dude must of been alt account cuz that shit had to be a perma.

Annoyed or however anyone else feels, getting so crazy to bring her up in threads where she isnt even posting, happens all the time when she is banned. Go at it with her when she is posting something you disagree with, but to say how you really feel when you think its "safe" is a real punk ass move.

see and i agree because one of the other forum i post on a lot, personal attacks fly like machine gun bullets. it's funny in its own way but it's crossed over into real life shit for some of those folks.

but internets = serious business and all that.

Personal attacks can be fun with the right group of people, like lots of these community threads. It just feels like you and your friends shit talking.

Timedog shared some story about jizzing on money and someone started talking sideways about his girlfriend who had nothing to do with the story and didn't seem to even be internet familiar with him. That's way too far for me.

Generally when DY or one of the more abrasive posters go in on someone it's only on the info brought up in that discussion. I don't think I've ever seen DY or Devo bring up rape out of nowhere as an insult.

Riggs

Banned
Annoyed or however anyone else feels, getting so crazy to bring her up in threads where she isnt even posting, happens all the time when she is banned. Go at it with her when she is posting something you disagree with, but to say how you really feel when you think its "safe" is a real punk ass move.

Ah dude I am not defending those guys at all. Didn't mean for my post to come off like that if that's how it read.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
"Talk shit behind yo back, but won't say shit in public. (Fuck em)" -- Trinidad James Gems

I really can't fathom being ether'd so hard, that I have to go out of my way to bring shit up, every chance I get (especially when they aren't there).

"ItGivesYouPowerOverMe?"--incomprehensible Bane Gems

That thread was incredibly strange. Lame Timedog character thread, but holy shit at the Devo attacks. I don't feel like I'm going to last long around these parts with these recent bannings. I'm just too reckless.

Pray for me.

G-Fex

usually I used to go out of my way to attack others, be it joke characters or a really stupid OP, but since then I've just mellowed out. There's a lot of people I do actually hate on here but I'm done going out of my way to let it be known. I'm just going to avoid them like i've been avoiding Blame Space and Eggman and so forth

Someone in a IRC channel called me a attention whore and I really was so just so I could try to become a gaf celeb and man did that backfire on me.

That thread was incredibly strange. Lame Timedog character thread, but holy shit at the Devo attacks. I don't feel like I'm going to last long around these parts with these recent bannings. I'm just too reckless.

Pray for me.

Just keep the rape references to yourself and you should be fine.

After Django I got all these damn songs stuck in my head LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y60d05PhqXQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9VEkQoCVqk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAooXLAPoBQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bdOTUocn5w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJL88BTdS0Q

Riggs

Banned
I meant more of TimeDog's banning. If it was a character banning, wasn't that fostered when there was a thread tabulating votes between him and Blamespace. Then of course cloving's.

Timedog called the guy butthurt , only thing I can think of that got him banned which is stupid anyway, saying butthurt is also stupid lol.

ReiGun

harSon

Banned
Dead Presidents is still my favorite soundtrack from a modern film. Such an underrated film too, definitely one of the best films of the last two decades.

Dead Presidents is still my favorite soundtrack from a modern film. Such an underrated film too, definitely one of the best films of the last two decades.

I was way too young to see that movie when I did. Smokey being in rehab for Next Friday had a whole different meaning to me.

Its a great soundtrack I listen to it every month probably, but I wouldn't put the film in my top 30 for the past 20 years.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Woah woah woah, people hate DY?!

PM me names. I'll track 'em down and shank 'em.

Plenty of people. But I don't post as much in "serious" threads as I used to anymore. Guys would follow me through threads, dig up posts from YEARS ago, say all kinds of shit... Its a big reason why I don't go into a lot of race threads now or just completely leave when a thread turns into a race discussion somehow.

Also, numerous people have slapped massive labels on me for "protecting friends"/"being a petitioner" regarding members from sportsgaf and blackgaf. People have said that I'm anti-gay and anti-trans in the past too when they simply couldn't separate my argument vs one member from the entire community. People love to skim posts or discussions for hotwords then blow gaskets over it instead of reading the entire statement for what it is.

Some even thought that Gaborn and I had some massive beef in one of the many "Gay is the new Black" threads when in reality we had PM'd each other and discussed shit outside of OT just fine.

Also, Realgaf was some fucking drama.

harSon

Banned
Plenty of people. But I don't post as much in "serious" threads as I used to anymore. Guys would follow me through threads, dig up posts from YEARS ago, say all kinds of shit... Its a big reason why I don't go into a lot of race threads now or just completely leave when a thread turns into a race discussion somehow.

Also, numerous people have slapped massive labels on me for "protecting friends"/"being a petitioner" regarding members from sportsgaf and blackgaf. People have said that I'm anti-gay and anti-trans in the past too when they simply couldn't separate my argument vs one member from the entire community. People love to skim posts or discussions for hotwords then blow gaskets over it instead of reading the entire statement for what it is.

Some even thought that Gaborn and I had some massive beef in one of the many "Gay is the new Black" threads when in reality we had PM'd each other and discussed shit outside of OT just fine.

I know how this goes Lol.

Apparently I hate white people.

Tis rare for me to take up the flag and storm the beaches on behalf of the black community now too.

Not because of anything I've said in the past, though. I just...it's draining. So very draining. I'd rather recommend a book that I know they won't read than try to explain the scope and scale of issues in and around the diaspora with the level of detail that these unlearned folks can ingest, digest, absorb, and find illumination. I probably could make the time, but I don't have the patience.

harSon

Banned
Tis rare for me to take up the flag and storm the beaches on behalf of the black community now too.

Not because of anything I've said in the past, though. I just...it's draining. So very draining.

I used to do it for years (and still do when it comes to movies), and it's basically the people on the correct side of the issue making well thought and fleshed out arguments, and then people on the other side of the spectrum tossing out whatever boneheaded BS they can come up with regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

Imm0rt4l

Also, Realgaf was some fucking drama.

I know that feel.

Top Bottom